Forums > Social Discussion > the cycles of civilization

Login/Join to Participate

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
ever hear of the "great flood?"

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1768109.stm

https://www.nmia.com/~sphinx/egyptian_sphinx.html

our icecaps are melting again. some believe that when air reaches its critical temperature it melts FAST...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
i love Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock

have you read any of their books? highly recommended

i wholeheartedly believe that there were many civilisations wiped out at the end of the last ice age which were a much more advanced than we give them credit for.

i also believe that the Sphinx has been around since that time, and i have a geologist friend who agrees.

there are walls in the ancient city of Tihuanaco in Peru which contain carvings of elephants & hippos, even though these animals became extinct in Peru 11,000 years ago.....

the same walls also contain sun allignments, but no mere modern day sun allignments, no, these also date back to circa 10,500. they are no longer alligned due to the earth's precession over the last 10,000 years

Egyptian mummies have been found with traces of cocaine & cocoa inside, yet these plants were indiginous to the America's which were not discovered until 1492....

and what of the Olmec heads in Mexico, whose features are distinctly African....

some of Egypts oldest hieroglyphs tell of a burial chamber under the feet of the Sphinx in which are kept secrets relating to our origins. seismologists have carried out tests by sending seismic waves through the rock beneath the Sphinx and have proven that there is a large hollow chamber beneath. the Egyptian government continues to refuse archaeologists permission to dig. understandable though, with Egyptology and the country's main industry - tourism - at stake.....

ever heard of the Piri Reis map of Antarctica? it dates from 1513 and shows the land mass of Antarctica, not the area currently covered by ice. Antarctica was only "discovered" in 1818, and was already covered by ice. the land mass beneath the ice was only mapped in the 1950's....

unfortunately these great mysteries will never be fully investigated. think of what might happen if any of it was proved to be true eek there goes world history and the church out the window for a start..... ubblol

(if i sound like a conspiracy theorist it's because my mum is biggrin)

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
first story was really interesting and i hadn't read anything on it before.

unfortunately it seems (like the secret sphinx burial chamber) that we may never find anything more out, in this case due to the lack of necessary expertise to investigate the gulf of khambat 'city'.

most recent discussion i could find was here.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

snorkmember
52 posts

Posted:
their's more evidence the great flood has nothing to do with the ice caps melting, and everything to do with a large amount of land being bellow sea level and a land barrier gave way and it filled up. But keep on waving your arms in the air!

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: snork

their's more evidence the great flood has nothing to do with the ice caps melting, and everything to do with a large amount of land being bellow sea level and a land barrier gave way and it filled up. But keep on waving your arms in the air!

that would be the Black Sea.

the present day Bosporus is believed to have been a landbridge which, when it gave way, caused the the Mediteranean to flood the lands beyond and create what we now know as the Black Sea (though there was a freshwater lake covering most of the area already, so it was only the areas around the water's edge that were flooded)

this happened at around 5,500BC and ties in perfectly with the Great Flood in Genesis, as well as Babylonian & Sumerian legend

i disagree however with your statement that "the great flood had nothing to do with the ice caps melting", as it was precisely the same melting of the ice caps which caused a rise in sea level which led to the collapse of the landbridge which ultimately led to the land beyond being submerged....

smile

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Did somebody say civilization?

That was my crack addiction in college. biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
thanks faberge', in fact i have heard of a lot of that stuff. something i KNOW will be of interest to anyone on this subject is a movie called "the great year" narrated by James Earl Jones (darth vader)
It describes the procession of the equinoxes, and the now obvious fact that the ancients knew something that scientists have just discovered. that fact being something that will shake our world to its foundation even more than the discovery of antarctic maps.

all the unknown variables in our planet's orbital trajectory which are previously attributed to "wobble" and other stuff which i can't remember, dissapear when you calculate in the existence of a binary rather than a single star. IOW there is a small brown dwarf star with an huge orbit which is sister to our sun. the math works out very nicely, in fact they can even calculate the area where they expect it to be. [notice all the so called "killer comet watching" that astronomers are being paid to do lately? it's -possible- they are unknowingly looking for this. ]
even more amazing is that the ancients knew this, which is why astronomy, the equinox procession and astrology, was so important. details are given in the movie. basically every 150,00 years i think the star comes back around, and i think sometimes it comes closer than others.

this has many implications...
some i have considered...
most are probably overly pessimistic...

1) burning of the library at alexandria.
if you knew in a few thousand years civilization would be brought to the brink, and all your work for naught, kinda takes the wind outta your sails, doesn't it? 'progress" would seem like a waste of time. so how would you get mankind off their butts to try to overcome a cylcle of destruction, one so ingrained in our beliefs that all the religions focus on it? (great flood, old golden age) by erasing knowledge of the cataclysm. ever hear of the freemasons? they've been running things for a long time...

2) if you wanted to leave record of warning, would you make it out of paper mache, or hunks of stone that could survive the rise and fall of societies? mathematical "puzzles" all pointing at the sky, and equinox observation...

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fabergé

the Egyptian government continues to refuse archaeologists permission to dig. understandable though, with Egyptology and the country's main industry - tourism - at stake.....

sorry, i don't get this... how would this chamber ruin their tourism? wouldn't it create a new influx of scientific interest?

and does anybody else know about that father of history guy (aristophosophoaustralopithocles? tongue) and how he said crystals were used in a technological sense in atlantis? what could the implications here be?