Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
these were cheap enough that i just ordered a couple..

https://www.technomoves.com/rave_rod.html

i don't know anything about them, except what the site says, but they looked cool... i saw them on e-bay, and it mentioned a "strobe" mode... is this really a strobe mode, like with streetlights, or is it a flash mode like other toys offer?

has anyone used these...

also, i know they break easy, like streetlights do, but thats not a prob for me... i built some very nice protective sleeves from an old set of electroglow

please give any details you have

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
they look a lot like street lights, meaning they prob are...

they have the same casing and look, so be very carefull of vreaking

have fun

Step (el-nombrie)

342 posts

Posted:
they are not streetlights, as they streetlights do not sell such a color combination, or offer the settings advertised

i believe they may be a product also sold under the name
"Magic Patrol Light" or simply "Patrol Light"

i really want to know more about them

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I've got some of those, they were for sale in out local pound shop (meaning they cost £1)

They aren't really suitable for spinning unless you get some king of clear casing for them cuz as soon as they make contact with each other they shatter into loads of pieces. Well worth the very cheap price tho so long as you don't expect to much from them.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dont mean to sound bossy, but they are the same toys

[proof]

Non-Https Image Link

your rave rods

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

street lights

now if you will look the street lights come in combo colours as well, as noted from the neon husky website

Written by:

Solid colors - Orange, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow, and NEW Ultra Green!

Multi-colored (colors listed from top to bottom)

Rasta - Green, Yellow, Red

Patriot - Blue, White, Red

Aztec - Red, White, Green

Fire Stix - Yellow, Orange, Red

Ice - Green, White, Blue

Mardi Gras - Green, Purple, Yellow

belive me they are the same product, but sold under a different name!

the second they come into contact with anything hard they will break, unless you use something like thick marine tubing to hold them together...

it even says on the rave rod site

Written by:

This is just like the "Streetlights" but it is one LED Stick that has 7 color patterns and a mixed mode that flashes all the colors. Easy on/off and replacable batteries. 8 x 1/2 (takes the same as the streetlights)

and the street light do have a strobe pattern on them, polyethenes ones do, and a couple of other do

[/proof]

street light page
EDITED_BY: mech (1108720474)

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah but these have 7 different patterns. Sections of lights along the stick, or by colour, stroping up and down the stick, you know that kind of stuff. Don't street light just have 'strobe'?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no i think you can get street lights made just the same

Step (el-nombrie)

342 posts

Posted:
Mech, they are obviously a similar product, however, streetlights are made by coletronix (https://www.coltronix.net/) and their site makes no mention of a light that has eight settings, all of theirs have 3 settings, blink, chase, and strobe... therefore, although they have basically the same design (note, 2 batteries instead of three, different settings, and different number of leds, and according to the site a 1/2 inch length difference) they are most definately not the same product.
EDITED_BY: Singed Piper (formerly Mark1) (1108878789)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
[/owned]

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

342 posts

Posted:
i got them today, i'll give pics soon... they have the strobe mode i was hoping for, and 7 other, less amusing, modes

they are longer than streetlights, and manufactured cheaper and a little dimmer, but the 5 color vs 3 color factor wins...

as i mentioned before my version of deflectors work really well... i smacked them at full speed today, and they still work

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
cool glad you liked them

sorry for making a mistake

just waiting on the pics now

Step (el-nombrie)

342 posts

Posted:
well, bateries are now dead because they turned on in my pocket. all i can tell you is they are exactly like streetlights when in the trip mode, and are maybe even a little more durable, but the on/off switch is rubbish, it sticks out too far and is hard plastic.

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Thats good to hear I got ten of them for like 25$$ SO if they strobe and do color patterns I am stoked. Plus me and my electronics buddy are gonna try to make them brighter and buy PC boards to controll teh rate of strobe. THanks for the input.. Peace . I wil let you know how the LED poi from same website stack up. As well as Some of teh oher blinky toys I bought a crapload of them.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
These look very much like something i *had*. got them for £2 in a toyshop and they looked very cool while they lasted, i leant them to someone tho and he managed to crash them together and pop the little cover over the batteries off, so the batteries got lost in the grass and i never saw them again, when i get some new batts for them ill look into some way to protect them, tho sadly this is unlikely to stop them turning off when they hit something