Mean not nice guy, that is friendlymember
92 posts

Posted:
on one of my daily Surfes i FouNdThIs.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Yeah - I occasionally feel the need to mentally rape myself by visitng this site.

Just a warning people - the above link goes to Rotten.com; a site that displays *extremely* graphic photographs. Many of the pics are fascinating from a cultural view-point but are not for the squeamish. On the site you can view pics of corpses in all stages of decomposition, self-emmoliaiton, severed hands and feet, mass graves, things stuck up people's butts, suicides (eg very very fat person flattened like a pancake after jumping), dead bodies with gaping wounds from bullets, knives etc etc.

This site is not for children, or anyone who is even mildly sensitive to gore and death.

[ 05 September 2002, 12:58: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Like staring at a train wreck, it is.........

The one that screwed with my head was the tummy tuck where they removed a whole other person worth of fat. Or the motorcycle accident guy who peeled his face and skull apart like a banana.

Good times.

Oh, by the way, have they gotten around to updating the fuck of the month yet?

[ 05 September 2002, 13:06: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
dunno. It did say June FOTM though - I have a feeling it's still the old naked granny...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I actually feel sick now , thanks Not Nice Guy.

The bigger the pants the better!

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
That's why he's called "Not nice guy" I guess!!

It's grim but kinda intriguing at the same time, the only trouble is, you don't know if it's actualy real or not, I mean some of them could be elaborate hoaxes couldn't they?

whats up with all the limitations?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
OH MAN... Thats very uncool. I havent visited Rotten for ages, and now I remember why...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

fizzlemember
15 posts

Posted:
how........can you people do it?....!

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
first of all.....why?
secondly.....why????
and to finish off....WHY???????
i feel slighty not so good.

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
hahah rotten.
I havent been there in years
do they still have the pick of the mouse, in the tube, in the chicks uhhhh nm

I smell something burning.

92 posts

Posted:
I think i have seen it it is not my favorite though my fav'z is the one with the dude eaten the baby.
*watching austin powers*
And the Shot gun suicides.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol... compulsion is compelling eh?! We warned you guys, yet still you look. go figure.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by fizzle:
how........can you people do it?....!
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I have a really sick sense of humor. Though really Rotten.com is a good thing. Think of it this way, millions of kids sit around and wonder "I wonder what happens to someone's body after they've been dead for five weeks?" Rotten.com just shows them and saves thim all the trouble and legal costs of going out and killing someone, hiding the body, and checking on the state of decomposition every day.

I have a friend who suffers from clinical depression who has a similer method for keeping himself from committing suicide. He goes to the fireing range with one or two of his guns (ahhh, clinicly depressed people with multiple firearms. God bless America.) and he shoots for an hour or two and goes home and looks at rotten.com. Then he gets so scared that something will go wrong and he'll live after he shoots himself that he just goes back to playing video games.

[ 06 September 2002, 12:25: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

92 posts

Posted:
i see "Gross" has an exccelent effect.
YAY

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I find it interesting at how morbid the world is. I look at myself and the job that I do and the job that I am trained to do and go, damn I hope I never really have to take a life, and here I see people poking fun at those that are so damn unfortunate to go through some attroushus things, now mind you not everything on that site is just plain wrong, but some of it is. I guess people will just think that its cool or funny untill it A. happens to them or B. happens to someone they care about.

What a sick and twisted world this is.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

92 posts

Posted:
quote:
what a sick and twisted world this is
Raises glass to toast*
Here, Here
To Raymund for his truth and valore.

[ 06 September 2002, 13:07: Message edited by: Mean not nice guy, that is friendly ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
*Raises his glass*

Fuck Valor

*drinks*

92 posts

Posted:
iey' iey', El Capitan.

2,905 posts

Posted:
err its Aye Aye el capitan

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Eww. I already get enough nasty images in my day-to-day life.

*sigh* I have to observe an autopsy next month.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

92 posts

Posted:
You should be lucky i got "El Capitan" down right.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, well theres a big difrence between voyerism and experance, and we as tv watching westerners are unused to distiguashing between them, however, you never get the smell over the internet.

Ive known rotten for a while, and yes it has 'cultural' value, but the value is more in its actual exestance than its content.

perhaps its because we are so far removed from the dirty aspect of life, with all our viewing and ideology streniously avoiding the dirtier parts of life (especially in the case of americans and 'death', an attitude that is only just begging to be adressed culturally) through this avoidence we have developed alergies phyisically and 'complusions' mentally.

combine this with a tendancy to raise the intellutual reaction over the emotional reaction and we have the perfect context for voyerism, were we recive a 'safe' kick of emotional charge and get the chance to examine that reaction intellectually. Par Example, the baby eating picture where we go, ugg, oh, its probibly a mock-up. where as if it was the face of your baby infront of you no-such thoughts would happen.

Personally Ive spent the afternoon cutting the dags (shitty fleace) off of lambs so that they can be sold for slaughter. belive me, this is gross, the smell makes you want to vomit, the sight is distinctly un-titilating and my body hurts from being kicked and butted by confused and frightened sheep.

I really see this sort of thing as symtomatic of modern decadence, were we take (at a distance) a form of entertainment that for the other half of the world is a daily and disgusting occurence.

on the other hand, it is pretty funny, to us.

humans are trained by thier surroundings to react in certain ways, however, our gift is to envision and deal with other circumstances than that we were trained into, as long as we realise that the training, and cirumstances exist outside ourselves.

Sorry about the rant, its just one of thoes things I feel i got something to say about.

Love to all.

Tom

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti