Forums > Social Chat > Cique Du Soleil - HOLY METEORS!!

Login/Join to Participate

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Well, I went to see Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai last night. Objectively I'd say it was the most amazing show I've ever seen in my life. The costumes were unbelievable, surreal, imaginative and almost organic!

The part that most caught my eye was these little asian kids who had a long string with what looked like scales on either end.

Until now, Baerie Fen was the best meteor swinger that I'd ever seen, these kids could teach BF a LOT! I've never seen anything like them!! Seriously the most amazing meteor show I've EVER seen!!!

I hope they never do poi in that show, cause I'll likely feel depressed when I realize just how much I truly suck.

These kids did this flat spin toss and a tumble roll past each other then catching it and tossing it up again with their feet while lying on their backs!!! I was shocked, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

Does anyone know where they find these little asian kids? I heard it was the beijing oprah, but thought I'd check to see if anyone knew facts.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
"beijing oprah" that'd be the chinese version of a chat show?

I believe kids start training really early for chinese opera which invloves a lot of circus skills as well as acting. I believe it's where Jackie Chan started out.

Cirque Du Soleil's shows are amazing! I saw one with chinese girls doing an amazing diablo routine. So seemless and perfect!

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
but john peel put them in room 101!!!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A