faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
Balls!, the UCL juggling society, wants to do a juggling on ice thingy while its still kind of winter. And we thought it would be a whole lot more fun* if we got lots of london peeps along. already various of the london uni juggling societies go to each others meets and many also head along to spits and other london juggly things now and again - so lets keep expanding our friendships...

well basically the idea is to juggle on ice (with ice skates on)

the planned location is Sobell ice rink in islington

the date is probably going to be the weekend of the 13th or the one after - i'm hoping Patrick the president of the society is going to become a HOP member and confirm a few things for me

and we are not allowed to juggle around the 'general public' so it would mean hiring the rink for an hour and a half one weekend. there is a set price for the rink hire, which doesn’t include skate hire, but we guess it'll be £5-10 a person inc skates if we get enough people

and obviously beverages somewhere before and after will be an important part of the procedure

so is anyone interested in joining in??

*(and less expensive - but that’s not the primary reason for this post)

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

Kevin Kolossusnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hey!

I've been speaking to the people at Sobell Ice Rink and they aren't being particularly helpful but i will keep trying!

Should be back with fully finalised details tomorrow...

Patrick.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Patrick you should post the dates. Not going to be able to make it as I've got lectures and a pile of work to do. Might be for the best considering my last foray on ice left a big crack in the ice and me unable to walk properly for a week!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I shall inform the UKC juggling soc.

TO THE JUGMOBILE!

*woooooosh*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*bump for those who cant find page two*

wink

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
patrick??? padddyyy?????? where arrrrreee youuu??????

no, he seems to be lost again

well on monday he said that it was going to be on a wednesday afternoon - so not for you 9-5ers i'm afraid. but i can't remember whether its going to be this weds or next.
it's also going to be cheaper than we thought as we're getting an 'edcational' price of £50 for the hour 1/2 AND skate hire - so if 20 people go its £2.50 each - which isn't bad
toys wise its no fire (they probably think we'd melt the ice or some crazy idea like that!) but otherwise i don't think it matters what toys as long as you try not to hurt anyone! which basically means theres going to be a mess of people trying to skate and pick up there balls whiles avoiding flying staffs ubbrollsmile

but i'm not the authority on this, so if i'm wrong on any of the above info this is a disclaimer saying its not my fault!

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

SCRUBSerm....can you smell parafin or is it me?
146 posts

Posted:
can I bring a staff?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yeah I think that's ok.
Where's paddy when you need him?
according to the last e-mail I got from him, getting blown by his PA and getting other people to type his e-mails. And he still can't be arsed to poke his head in here! I ask you!

Guy

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi