Forums > Social Chat > chav's-lovely or loveless

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
hey, we have a fair few chavs in hull and i really cant stand them,sorry if any offence is caused.
please put your views across,id love to hear them. biggrin

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

I dont really like the way they dress but thats not my place to condemn it i just think it looks silly especially allt he fake gold stuff and big medallions, but you cant judge people for that. However the attitude that mostly comes with Chavism is what gets most people, the anti social behavious and inability to talk properly

"dunno wha ya mean mate init da norm or summit"
ok so i missed the bad and naughty words that the chavism behaviour intails

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

i've been reliably informed by an australian colleague that bogun (or Beavan) is the correct spelling of chav in oz

nah, i'm pretty sure it's bogan, and i've never heard of a beavan. Is this person really an aussie? tongue https://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html#B

would the blokes from trainspotting be classed as chavs? trying to get my head around the whole concept.

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
right im a youth worker i see chav's every day and for the most there attitude stinks but for some yp thats how they were bought up,others because there very closed in to a group of friends and they try to be cool....but for the most they just think...."its well hard"

Out of work i get my fair share of crap from chav's im 19 and there's always a group of 10+ around the corner....and they always see me as with my staff and think its some sort of ninja of wmd...and try to pick a fight...
"Put the stick down and we'll hav ya"
Yeah ok i'll do that.....dumb bitchers

So in all it depends what type of chav you are if your the i hate the world lets beet it up type.your a not very nice word pr**k!!
If you just think it looks cool to dress like that....tut tut....If im your youth worker.....im sorry
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
oOo and theirs a t.v thing about the rise of the chav on sky one...9.00 monday...yeah i think im out....what a shame..
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: loki.c1687

right im a youth worker .......
mike.c

hug from one YW to another hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Down with chavs! There are far too many in Salisbury

Personally after my visit to Salisbury last easter I came away feeling there were too many stuck up old cows there wink

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I think it all depends on what you define a chav as being . . .

whether they are defined by what they wear or what they do

1. A chav - someone who dresses in sports clothing sporting large amounts of jewellery trying to look hard and scary ....

for which they shouldn't get abused for if they want to look like that then it is upto them . . .

Or what I think is a chav

2. A group of young people walking the streets drinking White Lighting (high stength cheap cider) and Mad Dog 20/20 generally causing as much disruption to everyone else as possible, scaring old ladies just cos they can, trying to pick fights with other lads to prove themselves and generally damaging other peoples property for the hell of it, and unfortunately they have chosen sports clothing sporting large amounts of jewellery trying to look hard and so this is the easiest way to identify them which unfortunately leads to some others being labelled a chav

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
What is with the recent obsession with Chavs? They've been around since I first went to school at the very least, it's just a new conception of what it means to be a teenager - following stupid fashions, drinking censored drinks to get drunk, trying to impress girls/boys by picking fights, being generally narrow-minded, picking on those you deem socially inferior to yourself... that's what "chavs" seem to embody, and I think it;s something the vast majority of people can relate to. Rubbish fashions which look ridiculous from the outisde, antagonistic "I'm bigger than you" type behaviour from the fear that we're inadequate, group mentality..

In general, I find chavs irritating and frustrating. As I do "nu-metallers" or whatever they are. It's a different name for the exact same behaviour, it's just got different music/aspirations/fashion.

Perhaps it's a throwback to human tribal behaviour.. you wear the mark of one clan and make war on another clan, and also on outsiders.

I think it's sad that people just assume this behaviour is instituted by culture. It's the social conditions that force people into believing that getting drunk, smoking dope and fighting are things to aspire to, and the fashions or music have such a small influence on this. Fashion gives people a way to express "themselves" (yeah, by wearing the same clothes as all their mates) within their crappy life, and music gives people a feeling that how they feel and therefore how they act is justified, because another person (however far removed) has the same feelings and emotions they do.

What an absurd situation. If people or the government actually got involved in the lives of their children/other people's children (shock horror) then I doubt there'd be nearly as much crime/absenteeism in youth culture. The world shouldn't consider the young as being on the path to adulthood so much as they should encourage them to grow and develop into adults at their own pace, within their own areas of skill and interest.

Grr.

[/rant]

Obviously just my stupid opinions.

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Written by: flid

Written by:

Down with chavs! There are far too many in Salisbury

Personally after my visit to Salisbury last easter I came away feeling there were too many stuck up old cows there wink

Them too ubblol

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
wow im not the only one who cant stand the way chavs act...

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I didnt know there were any peeps that could stnad the way chavs act! In fact I would be surprised if the chavs like the way other chavs act ubblol

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
ummm...ok, ignorant american chiming in...
i think i've figured out what a "chav" is..kinda like a g thang from the suburbs??
i think here in america that seems to be the norm and doesn't come with the attitude you speak of (any more than any other group) but this kinda bugs me cause i'm a "hippy" and people in america talk sh%& about hippies in the same way you all seem to talk about chavs
how can they all possibly be $%&%&^?

real eyes
realize
real lies

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
no no no, chavs are much worse, they're like the dregs of society - they smell, you prob couldn't find a single braincell between all of them, I think they invented their dress style especially to look stupid, they're anti-social, they like tormenting other peeps (as long as they're half their size and they have all there chav buddies with them).......you get the picture, they're awful to be around.

END OF RANT

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i was talking with one of my friends today, i pondered if the reason that they tucked their trackies into their socks was to keep the draft out...

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
what i dont get is why chavs dress the way they do and not even realise that they look totally rediculous.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
From an aussie, its 'bogan'. but, depending on locale, bogan can mean many things, from a close approximation of chav, to what closely resembles an american bum, to someone in general round the house, daggy clothes outside in the world, say someone in dirty, trakkies, ugg boots and a massively oversized jumper in a shopping center.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am going to a chav and chavette party this weekend . . I will endevour to get some pics up on the web from the event . . .

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oh my - that sounds like too much fun!

ubblol

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You mean its a party for chavs, or you have to go dressed as a chav?

Dont forget your BLING! biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
It is a fancy dress party with the theme of chav and chavettes . . . so everyone will be taking the piss and wearing as much burberry and bling as possible

NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
we had a chav night at uni the other week and one of my mates ended up getting mugged and caught in a fight with a propper chav.

Page: