woodmikenewbie
1 post

Posted:
A new promotions company in the Guildford area are looking for poi guys and gals (2 of each) to perform at their first event in April this year.

Poi skills must be performance quality, and artists should be able to perform in sets of upto 1 hour, with 1 hour break for the duration of the evening.

If you are interested in showing off YOUR skills to an aduience of upto 1500 people, in one of Guildfords biggest venues, apply below.

To apply, send an email to morecoffee@ntlworld.com with your contact details and an attached photo of you in your performance gear. (Tip: This is gonna be a down and dirty, raunchy night. Girls: Dress for less. Boys: Good abs an advantage.)

Good luck and keep swinging. weavesmiley

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
There's a Fire troupe in Guildford called Burnt Toast who might be interested,

Try PM'ing Durbs

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sets of up to one hour long with only one hour break between sets, i dont know any one that will do that kind of performance....

what is the cash incentive? i'd be looking at at least £800 for the night minimum. sounds like another one of those gigs where people will be exploited and underpaid and over worked. frown

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
coolcool, considering the average fire burn lasts about 10 mins, most peeps will alternate, so realistically if you want 2 girls and two boys on all the time ud be looking at mabie 8 spinners, burnt tos comes much recomended, for a gig id be looking about 60 and 100 pounds a hour

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Written by: woodmike

Poi skills must be performance quality, and artists should be able to perform in sets of upto 1 hour, with 1 hour break for the duration of the evening.

An hour of spinning?!ubblol 20 minute sets is more realistic smile

Written by:

an aduience of upto 1500 people, in one of Guildfords biggest venues

Considering Guildford only has 3 venues - this isn't a great claim wink I presume this is the re-opening of Bo's / Pulse?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
*watches were durbs goes on hop
* Abs? frodo? shocker

What u rekon? I agree with Pk. but i sent a mail anyhow!

passing through, this world still lives.