PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey all, I am collecting stories for a show I am writing.

Here is what I am looking for, and please feel free to IM them or to email them to DivineWomenGroup@yahoo.com

They can be of any length and should be based on an experience of self-discovery that you have had, either good or bad.

It can be about how you felt good about yourself and someone spoke of ignorance and it hurt.
How you tried something to improve yourself and if it worked or not.
About the gender identification process.
About discovering your sexuality, especially if you are gay.
About your comfort with your body, size.
If someone did something to you that either made your self-esteem and personal developement go forward or even move back.

I am looking for the positives, the negatives and anything in between. And more than anything I want emotions on it. What it did for your psyche, for your emotions, for your worldly perspectives.

If I decide to use your story I will probably write and ask questions and explain further what I will be doing with it, and ask for permission.

In the end the goal is to get people to see two things...
How their actions effect others, even unintentionally, and to offer something for *almost* everyone to identify with at some stage of their personal growth. Real names will not be used.

Thanks!

Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have received many inquiries and offers for this...and thank you so much to everyone!
The stories I have received so far have touched me, made me laugh and made me cry.

Thank you so much!

Many have had questions, and I wish to address these to everyone.

This is for males or females, or those who aren't sure yet! wink

This is for any age.

This is for any length.

There is no deadline. This is a continuing project which will, hopefully, grow and evolve constantly.

Thanks again to all. Your help, your courage to share and your strength are appreciated and inspirational.

Kindest regards and heartfelt love,
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK