RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
I did a search on cartwheels and saw that some people have already talked about doing cartwheels with poi and such but what other gymnastic-type moves can you do with poi? Or what would you like to be able to do? Right now I have taught myself how to do a one handed cartwheel, a backroll and a balance thing the guys always had to do before a floor routine in gymnastics (I stand on one foot w/ the other stretched outback and my arms all the way out at my sides and the poi are spinning forward then i turn and end up facing the other way and the poi end up spinning backwards too, anyone seen anything like that before?) well, what all are your ideas? ubbrollsmile
Christina

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
i've got a friend here in TN who is a gyminst instructor with access to a full gym and spins fire. if that's a little far to travel, i could look for a reason to bring her to meet you halfway, in like Ashville or something. wink I've met some badassed fire spinners there recently who do forward flips while spinning. one girl filpped backward onto a guy's shoulders who stood up with her spinning poi while he continuously spun a staff. very pretty stuff. PM me sometime! =D

oh, for an actual reply, i think the cleanest stuff i've seen done was bender's capoiera flips. i'll see if i can dig up a link if no one beats me to it.

-- dut
EDITED_BY: Dut (1108002200)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I know Skunk used to do a 1h cartwheel with both poi spinning in his other hand. Dunno if he still does it though, havent seen it in person thus far. Ill have to try and talk him into it next time I see him.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
found this on the inter-net... wink

https://homepages.ihug.com.au/~rsywp/lesson-am02.htm#cartwheelsonehanded

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
smile Bender I love the doubles one handed cartwheel........with any luck your tips will help no end with the no handed one smile I'll keep ya posted honey smile

Thanks again

Lisa (flippin Lovely teehee smile)
xxx

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
inspiration is the gift that keeps on a-givin' biggrin
:mwah:!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always