Forums > Social Chat > bit of advice and info pls!

Login/Join to Participate

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey all, jus wanting some help and info, what it is, is that ive always wanted a small plug in my ear. i got me one of them stretchin bars today, think goes to 4mil???? anywho whats the best way of doin this? shall i jus shove it in and grind my teeth? or are there better ways of doin this?? at the mo the bar doesnt go in v.far, and tried usin ice. has anyone done this b4 and so be able to give me some advice???? cheers guys! i dont mind a bit of pain, jus wanna do this as quickly as poss.
L_B

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jinvincibleGOLD Member
king of the hedgehogs
125 posts

Posted:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but there is really no way to do it quickly. If you try to force it, your lobe will rip, which is not only extremely painful, but exceptionally unattractive. Ice will do nothing for you on this - the cold makes the cells in your skin contract. While it may numb the pain, it will hinder the ability to stretch. Depending on what gauge you are at now will depend on how far you can stretch it in one go... i.e., the bigger it gets, the faster you can go. If you are starting with a standard piercing hole, you should probably try to get up to 14 ga. first (1.2mm) and when that stops being "tight" or sore, move up to 12 ga. (2 mm). In my experience getting to 12 ga was the hardest part, and took about a month to heal. After that the jump to 10 ga. (2.4 mm) and subsequently 8 ga. (3.2 mm) then 6 ga. (4 mm) went rather quickly. You didn't mention your final goal, but my total time to get up to 18 mm was about a year and a half. My advice, take it slow.

Yellow and blue make green.

jinvincibleGOLD Member
king of the hedgehogs
125 posts

Posted:
Oh, almost forgot - heat will help you get where you want to go. Your lobes will be nice and stretchy after a hot shower. Also using an antibiotic ointment for lubrication will help!

Yellow and blue make green.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hey, thanx for the info! i did actually manage to sort it after i made my post, got a friend to help me, ears good now, v-lil pain and got the bar through, i was jus a wimp to do it properly myself. cheers jinvincible!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:

Hey man, good luck with the stretching.

I stretched the piercing in the top of my ear when i was in grade ten.
Right up i nthe cartiledge. i cant remember what guage it was but it was pretty big, the chunky ring looked awesome. i got all these, how did you get the big ring in? questions.

They all nearly vomited when i told them how.... it was awesome

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
If you don't want to have to buy lots of pieces of jewellery to get the different gauges (expensive), buy a taper- a piece that is thin at one end and thick at the other, often curved like a talon. Little rubber O-rings each side of your flesh stop it falling out, and each time it becomes comfortable (over a couple of weeks), push it through a bit more. I'm explaining it badly, sorry... try here:

https://www.tribalectic.com/StretchingGuide.asp

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah thats what i got, i jus coldnt get it far enough in to secure it, so got my friend to help. cheers for the site! biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)