Forums > Technical Discussion > todd smith phantom clubs... are they good?

Login/Join to Participate

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
does anyone has any experience with these clubs???

they look really good and they're not expensive, and I wanna know if they're comfortable, heavy\light, durable etc. etc.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Not expensive?? You do know thats 36$ per club right? Thats over $100 for 3. Seems kinda expensive to me less you perform but thats just me.

They are very nice though. Have you looked at www.dube.com? They have some nice clubs around that price range too and they're customizable.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Icon. I would consider any club that isn't those horrible one-piece hollow white things, to start at $20-$40 each.

Those clubs look nice, and I don't feel theyare too dear compared to the juggling market.

One thing I will note though, the white ends are an unfortunate choice of colour, as they will get scuffed and easily marked, something that seems strange for a club sold as looking so good.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Dube sucks... their knobs fall apart... my teacher has a set of them

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Written by: cole

hey dude,

good to hear you're back but a real shame i won't get to see you this evening - soon though hopefully :8)

so juggling equipment then?

clubs first cos they cost more and as such deserve more attention

beard circus specials are a good starting club that lots of people use (eva, ds ads) cos they are great value for money. they are about 15g heavier than pirouettes but they feel much heavier if you ask me.

i have henry's pirouette trainers (as does drew, jonnny, northern adam, rob) and although they are twice as expensive, i think they're worth it.

if you do decide to go for henry's and you don't think you'll be doing more than three for a good while then albatross are a gorgeous club to consider

- same length as pirouettes but a much fatter body which makes them really visual.

martin and dizzy both use albatross and drew mainly juggles them now as well.

not to take away from oddballs but if you want henry's, i'd recommend ordering direct - same price but you get them fresh from the factory instead of them going in the post twice and through a shop (plus you give more money to henry's than you would if you bought them from a shop which makes me feel good for some reason): https://www.henrys-online.de

as for balls i have to say i'm not a dx man myself. i juggle with underfilled saggy beanbags most of the time - almost the opposite of a dx! - and if i use something round i like stage balls or aerotechs - so i'm probably not the best person to give advice on dx's.

i use big white ones of these: https://www.fluozies.co.uk
and just about every london juggler i know likes standard flouzies (john, ds ads, martin, drew, eva).

the other popular beanbag is mr babache cos they are double lined (very handy - it practically gives them double the lifetime of other balls): https://www.butterfingers.co.uk/cat_list.cfm?cat_id=1&sub_id=33

i used to use these and loads of people i know still do (tall will, northern ad, breakin poet rossy).

i know some people swear by dx's though so if you've used them and decided they're the best ball for you then all there is to choose from really is colour and finish - the 'chroma' ones have a smooth finish and the 'dream' has a matt finish.

i did quite a handy post in duballstar's intro with my top 5 ball list (i was really bored at work that day!) that you might wanna have a look at that is here: [Old link]

hope you're havin a good day mate - i'm fookin busy right now but i guess the day goes quickly this way and its spitz tonight so its not all bad

cole. x

hey poiboi

i quoted this from the juggling thread in other toys. its buried right in there.

you might get murdered on the shipping though, depending on where you are.

still, might give you an idea on the prices.

a

Love is the law.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
ummm... either the delivery's free, or for some reason it doesn't calculate it...
anyway, before I consider prices and stuff, I wanna know if they're durable, heavy/light comfortable etc.

their price is around the price of the delphin clubs I have, so they're not that expensive...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
does anyone has any experience with them????