Forums > Social Chat > The best thing I've ever done with fire.

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sometimes we get caught up in the behind the back isolations and 6 wicked fire ropes that we forget how truely poignant fire can be.

Yesterday I helped put together a memorial for the victim of a totally senseless murder in New York City.

It was an honor being able to contribute by spinning fire along the precession from the church to where she was slain.

When we got to the location a chalk outline of the victim was drawn and we laid some lamp oil soaked kevlar rope over the outline. Her Finacee poured whitegas over it and lit some dried flowers, which in turn, lit the pool of whitegas and her chalk outline. This particular picture doesn't really do it the fire justice because it's later on in the burn.

Non-Https Image Link

I've never seen fire burn quite like that. Rather than burning upwards, the rope burned inwards creating spirals of flames rising up from her silhouette. It was absolutely spiritual.

After having done clubs and parites and freestyle fire gatherings, doing something like this was so much more meaningful.

I was honored to have had the opportunity.

Stay safe everyone.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
I read that story, its a sad thing that happened,

but what you posted kind of put a nice end to a tragic story.......good on ya for being a part of that bro.........verry beautiful what you helped to do.......

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its such a shame it had to be something like this that produced something so beautiful.

nice one for helping out dude - i'm sure it was massively appreciated.

may her soul fly free forever...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i really wish i hadnt read that article its so unbelieveably sad that such a senseless crime can occur, i feel so sorry for her fiance to lose someone so special so pointlessly, i hope that the shooter comes to fully understand and suffer for their actions

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"Four men twirled balls burning on the ends of chains during the march."

Twriling balls on the end of chains? What kind of crazy stuff is that? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
That's a really sad story. Why do these people do that kinda thing, was there a reason at all?! Really makes you want to get out there and do something about it, but what can you?

Thats sounds like a good thing to do NYC, looks good.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Flame Boy

That's a really sad story. Why do these people do that kinda thing, was there a reason at all?!

This seems to have been totally senseless. The kid just seemed to have paniced. Apparently even his posse knew he screwed up and turned him in.

I guess I sometimes forget that for someone who can pick up a loaded gun and walk out on the streets to mug someone has already made some poor decisions. One more poor decision about pulling the trigger isn't that big a stretch.

I believe there may have even been family members of the 'gang' at the memorial service.

It's sad that a stupid decision amplified by a gun leads to something like this.

Sad to live in a country so proud of it's Second Ammendment... But I'll take that arguement off this thread.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Even if all guns were banned, you would still get them in the street gangs. There isnt really anything anyone can do.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by:

But I'll take that arguement off this thread.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
That was really sweet what was done. But sad about the occasion.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Such a tragedy.
Does anyone notice that the gentleman identified as her boyfriend in the first article doesn't look like the fellow in the second article?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
He does if you've seen him. The first photo isn't a good one. I'd say he looks more like the second but it's definitely him in the first.

One's face tends to distort when it's been pistol whipped. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I can't even imagine what he's going through right now! frown

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
At least she got a special send off smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
congratulations on contributing to such a beautiful memorial. i'm glad that you were able to work out how to do the outline the way you wanted to. were you friends with her? take care

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
No, unfortunately, I never did get to meet her. We rolled with the same crew though apparently.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]