Forums > Social Chat > UK free party shutdown

Login/Join to Participate

badly burned boymember
8 posts

Posted:
Most pissed off at the filth!!
Travelled all the way from london to the ridgeway in oxford to find 10 soundsystem rave, that got shut down. The pigs didnt have problems with it midsummer but now its coming to a close they are closing down more and more of the partys.
Have many of you other hardcore ravers out there experienced similar problems? -What can be done about it?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Move to sheffield. It's far friendlier. And, aside from the occasional helicopter and some berk leaving flyers behind incriminating a different sound system, no problem from the police that I've ever seen.

Meh

fizzabellemember
2 posts

Posted:
here in bath the raves nearby in like bristol and some sketchy somerset fields have been getting pigged all summer, not badly though usually the pigs just turn up in their cars, check it out for a second and are off again, no problem. The big ones have the army called in after some time but that can be expected. Theres been leaflets goin around in bath recently that warn people of gettin a beastin from the pigs, a few raves have had the pigs turn up and theyve started trashing the systems and laying into people, so its advisory to start wearing protective gear like goggles....helmets..even womble suits...whats happening to the british free partees!

*fizzle*

izzy

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Here's hoping the bad buzzin doesn't come north.

usually the police, when they do turn out, chat to a few folks and are promised that everything will be nice and tidy in the morning (which it is cos we's good pixies) and they tootle off again.

Meh

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I am in Bath too, I was at the party that got closed down just before Ashton Court and that was pretty nasty. Apparently the one the week after (in Bristol) got stopped too

Since then though I have been to a couple of good (smaller) parties and am looking to get as many as possible in before the end of the season

Mark P

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
As more clubs are shutting down because of lack of punters and more than a few people are getting rigs together and putting on free parties this kind of thing is going to happen more often unfortunately.

The free party scene is bigger than it has ever been in this country. It is getting as big as the free festival scene did in the eighties and look what happened then The powers that be will not tollerate us enjoying ourselves while making our own alternative communities/economies and not lining the pockets of greedy fat cats by paying taxes etc.

The Linconshire police have always been quite friendly as far as the free party scene goes. However they are cracking down on gatherings this year I have noticed. This is also happening in Northamptonshire. Notts police have always had a zero tollerence policy. C@ntus be warned this attitude is slowly creeping in a northerly direction.

BBB What to do about it? Never give up going to parties, and be free

Onelove Thistlefirepixie

Are we nearly there yet?

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003588

this topic is simular with some shocking fotage of a party being shut down wich im shure some HOPers were at not long ago.

badly burned boymember
8 posts

Posted:
First off let me just say that, i will always go to free parties as long as my legs let me. I believe It is very important to love those free parties, but also to help tidy up a bit afterwards. The powers that be, will not tolerate us screwing up the countryside, and we need to be careful not to piss them off!!
I am glad to hear that the scene is still hot in bath. Surrey police are cracking down, thats why we travelled to Oxford, but alas.
I must say though that all summer the pigs have come down and actually been quite freindly, even pointing you in the direction of where to park!! It is only recently that they have been shutting down quite a few, BE WARNED it may be a new initiative, lets just hope it doesnt spread too far!