Forums > Social Chat > who can beat plastic fish?..

Login/Join to Participate

fizzlemember
15 posts

Posted:
whats the most interesting thing people have made their poi out of?
i made some make shift glow poi out of some fishing lures once hehe
and i saw someone at a free partee with these fat off plastic fish on the end of their poi...the wierder the better i say!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
I have been known to spin with a couple of real lemons on some string

Mark P

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Rats are good, and so are cannon balls, just dont hit yourself with either.......the rats get really nasty about it

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Do quad poi with rats and cats on the ends of the string. Get two points of force!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
how about a carrot on one side and a donkey on the other?, spins itself.

how about live trantula's, peaple definatly wouldent walk into you then!

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Tom_Brain - LOL! That's cool, you could do some awesome tricks by spinning 1 carrot and two donkeys...all sorts of patterns where the 'poi' unexpectedly merge and split apart to get the carrot...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
if you tie a piece of buttered bread to the back of a cat (incedently how ufo's work) that could make some intresting poi... anti-grav poi
... see antigravity feline butterology theory for more info....

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
hhhmmmm cat and bread fall on side, then cat cant get up because buttered side wants to roll over and land, and cat trying to roll onto feet the other direction. so cat stuck on its side. and they fall because they do, just what way they fall is determined.

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
My friend Brillo spun his pet ferrets a few times. I am now totally convinced that ferrets are completely indistructable.

When I still worked as a cook I spun two very large salmon. You people think that beming poi hurt, try getting hit with a 10 pound fish...

[ 03 September 2002, 11:59: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

MaDMouSeFiReBoYmember
49 posts

Posted:
I tried a set of spiky, solid iron, morning star type balls that i got from a replica medievil flail on the ends of some really thick rope........

.... smacked myself on the head...havent tried it again since! ....

Nuff said????

MMFB

Distorted sex drive in space was already known to be a sticky knoblem - BRASS EYE

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
on the idea of hurtin, try spinning poi woth peices of pipe. not good.

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I will spin anything lying around on the floor for too long. Have been know to take the plugs out of the sockets at work and spin those!

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark P:
I have been known to spin with a couple of real lemons on some string
Brilliant! Oh, cut them up a bit and they must smell fantastic when you wrap or whack yourself.

E pluribus unum, baby.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Have been working on a perpetual spinning machine. But the government keeps stealing my prototypes. Lately I've been sticking to spinning cats.

Benjaminmember
39 posts

Posted:
A guy I work with made a pair of tape-wad poi at work one night (UPS) and I was like "Poi!" He said you've seen this before? I said, "Yeah, I do it with fire." hehe... He's an E-tard. Also, we have little ball bearing rollers in the floor where I work for moving large containers full of packages around... I spend some night pulling the ball bearings out of the floor and juggling them.

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
was bored in calc, so i made poi outta masking tape, pencils and staples.(full size) and my teach got mad, cuz i wasted soo much tape.
i have also spun two small(3yr old) children on child leashes. luckily, we were related, or else their moms would have been mad.

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Trandsducers. Very expensive bits of electronica attached to long cables, waaay too tempting, waaay broken....

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

siliconslavemember
36 posts

Posted:
my mate works in IT support and after i gave him the poi bug he was at work the next day spinning power cables - untill he hit himself with the rather heavy spikey uk plugs and decided to give up on that idea

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
two sensitive 3d mice (you know, the computer pointers that have little gyroscopes that allow you to move the mouse in 3d just by moving it through the air) I got two hooked up to two computers at a lan party, reenforced the cable with a cord, so it wouldn't break, turned on mouse trails and put fireball cursurs on the screen, and spun away. made some really neat patterns.

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
Quote:

My friend Brillo spun his pet ferrets a few times

I hope you're not serious about this. frown I know ferrets are pretty much indestructable but spinning them is not cool in any way.

Donkeys on the other hand have no feelings so spin them to your hearts content beerchug

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
I just noticed that this thread is really old.

I guess my point is still valid: It's cruel to spin any animals smaller than donkeys wave