Forums > Social Chat > What' are Meteors?!? and fire fingers and.....

Login/Join to Participate

Felicitymember
6 posts

Posted:
I was looking through HoP and I realised that there are so many different fire arts that I have never heard of before. Does anyone know what meteors, fire fingers, and anything else that sounds interesting is, besides the usual staff and poi?

And does anyone do any other circus arts, apart from fire stuff? I do stilts and juggling, but I would like to know what else there is to do out there! I love a new hobby!

FeLiCiTy :-)

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
i found there isn't one easy place to see a picture & minidescription of each toy, so i made a primer, click here

does that help you? we precisely wanted to help newbies, Felicity, lemme know!

and both HoP and lots of other fire places are part of a webring called Theatre Circus, so i wonder who here does both as well?

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Lots, & lots, & lots of peoples!!!

You can have a look at a set of meteors here, and find out about them here .

Fire fingers? Ask Ade, I know she has some. There is also some discussion here.

For some really scary looking weaponry, look here

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Felicitymember
6 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately the link didn't work, but I would still love to see the sight. Do you know the actual adress (damn this dodgey compueter...)

FeLiCiTy :-)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Interesting, I've just had a look at your site Mike, and seen the meteors bit.

Do you have any more pictures of them or know of any sites I could have a look at some, since I've never seen them before and they look really interesting.
Also, they're not what I know as meteors since they're two separate items like poi - I was under the impression that meteors were effectively a rope with a bowl of fuel (or wick, for safer people) at each end. having said that, I'm not exactly infallable.
I think it's quite cool though that regardless of any attempts to standardise terminology to make it easier to understand people, there's always some thing that people know under different names.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Have a look in the picture gallery Felicity, I've got a couple of pics of my fire fingers in there...
Ade