FireKittenSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:

Hey guys, you might remeber I posted awhile ago asking for idea's on newbies moves, and stressing cuz I couldn't do the weave. Well after about two solid hours of practise it finally clicked!! It must of been a lucky day beacuse aswell as that I learned the butterfly and corkskrew about 10 mins after! I have three moves I'm good at, Any other ideas to progress now? Me and Kate have run out of move ideas.

xX Twist and twirl to trance and techno Xx

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Hi! Glad you got it at last!

I find that once I get one move I can get a few more just because I'm in the 'new move high'!

Just to let you know that there is a 'new move thread' about somewhere that you should post in to. I can't find it at the moment though, so no help there.

Have you tried working though the free lessions section on the site? It should help you with some new stuff. Try searching as well - you'll find a load of people have been stuck before!

Good luck!

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sym_

Just to let you know that there is a 'new move thread' about somewhere that you should post in to. I can't find it at the moment though, so no help there.

(It's a sticky at the top of the page)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
D'oh! redface

What does one need to search for to get it to come up? Or do sticky topics not come up in a search? That would be very silly!

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
I don't know, actually.. but don't worry about not seeing it, I've done the same thing myself many times wink

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
If you've got the corkscrew the windmill is practically the same thing but upwards instead of flat.

Try learning the weave backwards and how to turn - once you can do this then you can dance around with your poi smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
dont forget to wiggle

smile

Love is the law.

Disc0annoying boy
160 posts

Posted:
i would say reverse weave. and turns. then you can dance!
after that; check the windmill and the transitions between weave/reverse/windmill and do some fountains smile it's one of my favourites!

fire is just light and heat.
it's you friend!

FireKittenSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
Fountains? oooh tell me more.

xX Twist and twirl to trance and techno Xx

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Forward weave -> reverse weave and back in a big circle i.e. going from forwards to reverse your hands move across the body down low and then on the way back they come across up high nearer your head.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Disc0annoying boy
160 posts

Posted:
ditto
they aren't so hard, but first you must know the transition between forwrd/backward weave, and then going back

fire is just light and heat.
it's you friend!