Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I would like to ask everyone to pray for me. (No I do not mean this as praying to the Christian God. I don't care who you pray to)

I have just recently gotten into contact with my biological father, after his dissapearance thirteen years ago. I am having a really hard time dealing with this, and I am afraid that it might interfere with me when i light up in a few weeks. I'm excited about that though. I will finally be lighting up. Wish me luck as I do my first burn. If anybody has any suggestions, on how to overcome mty aprehension, I am all Ears. Gotta go
Love you all so much
Zhai'helleva
Ashia

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
I wish you the best of luck. I can't imagine the feelings and emotions you must be experiencing! As for your first burn, just be free and do it!!! Only one word of advice: do not, for any reason, close our eyes. Okay, well that was more like 8 words but you get the idea.

peas & luv,
the caged one

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Jst out of curiosity (I know, Curiosity Killed the Cat. MEOW) Why should I not close my eyes?
Ashia

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
The first time I lit up, my first instinct was to close my eyes. In doing this (for a mere instant) my center of balance was off and the centrifugal force on the poi teetered towards danger. In other words, I'm a big klutz that has a flinching problem. Don't worry, as I'm sure you are a little more normal than I, than you won't have any problems! Bah. I'm a dork.

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sending warm light to envelope you (not burn you )

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ohhh i was so nervous two weeks b4 my first burn, then all of a sudden, nothing!
i just remembered how much i loved to spin, and how well i knew the moves, I practiced unlit with my eyes closed until i knew everything insideoutupsidedown! and then i lit up, and you know what? no burns, no brushes, and had an awesome time! soooooo, know your stuff and you;ll be fine! have a GREAT first spin! xoxoxoxox
*hugz*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You will do just fine.

It has been 2 years since I started playing with fire and I had my first singe last weds night. Nothing major, but I have a patch of hair with curly ends that was previously only wavy...

[ 31 August 2002, 00:47: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...