Forums > Social Chat > Can i steal your Signature??

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Please please? beg beg grovel grovel

I have noticed some really groovy sigs around lately, in particular, Rozi and Lolli, and i was wondering if you could give me permission to use them on tshirts? i will quite happily print you a tshirt as well, and because i am only a small time printer, its unlikely that you will ever see anyone else walking by wearing it.....

As a struggling (hehe) small time shirt maker, i am quite often on the look out for nifty things to put onto ppls chests...

However, as this is a technicality of copyright, i cant just blatantly rip off your fab signature, nor would i, so i hereby request permission to use your sigs to make shirts.... and if you guys come up with any neato (clean) slogans, and give me permish, i'd love to make it into a shirt! (and will of course send you a shirt with your slogan/signature on it>...) `

Currently on the right side up of the world.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
sorry, mines already on t-shirts. I knicked it anyawy, lol.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
well yes, lol, theres always that, I cant use them if they are already "shirted" hehehe
`

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
My permission granted, but credit where credit is due, it is from a movie called "The Monkey's Mask", starrng Susie Porter. Well worth quoting!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Durbs has a tshirt with his name on it and a velcro patch underneath so he can write any message he pleases on it.

When I met him it proclaimed that he loved marmite. I hear tell he also likes spoons. But Bender tells me there is no spoon so now I'm baffled.

~

I have a hat that says C@ntus on it so you know who I am.

I'll be wearing it in London next Thursday. So if you bump into me I'll be the one with my hat on.

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I've always wanted a tight white t-shirt that says "don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

would love to observe the reactions...

heheee - it's soo deep on sooo many levels!

*Don't hate me, because I'm beautiful and therefore it's not good to hate me

*I'm beautiful, but don't hate me for it

*I'm beautiful, you're beautiful, we should all love each other

Saw a t-shirt the other day that said in big letters "Wanna Fuck" and in little letters under it "Off". Cracked me up! Was gonna buy it, but couldn't go past the Barbarella Space Cowgirl number.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I have a lovely white tshirt that has uv sensitive writing on it. In the right light, it says "wash your mind out"...

Clymeneymember
16 posts

Posted:
I had a pin made up that said

*TO forgive is devine, But revenge is so much more fun*

Want to have that on a T-SHirt

Clymeney

To forgive is divine, but revenge is so much more funWhat? When? Where? Nuts, I missed it.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hehehe ok, perhaps i should use this as an oppurtunity to advertise....

if you want tshirts made up, i can make them for you!
yes! really! i can! and they arent half bad either! `

umm, but, i cant use stuff thats copywrited, so *sigh* Rozi as neat as your sig is, that means i cant use it. Anything you think is original and stuff, i can make up for you, and am happy to do for the cost of the shirt plus postage, so usually only $10 for shirt, and whatever postage is.....

or! free if its good and i plan to use it on other shirts! `

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
actually, i could be wrong on that copyright issue... i will have to look it up, i think when it applies to overseas copyrights, then its got to do with how MUCH of the "source" you copy it from.... just so long as i dont go round making shirts that say NIKE, i might be ok....... will look into it! xoxox

` you guys should see the awesome SNOTFACE shirt i made for my sister.... the first shirt i ever made, and have got near six hundred orders lined up for when i do a big print run of it... `

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to get round to printing my own t-shirts for ages, but it's far too easy to sit around doing nothing.

The one I really want has the words 'Are you Plagued By Flying Monkeys?' on the front, then a cartoon flying monkey on the back.

I also want one with a monkey wearing a superman type outfit, but with the bovril logo across his chest instead of the S emblem, but I can't draw anything good enough to be recognisable on a t-shirt.
Anyone want to volunteer to do me a favour and draw one?

Flynt, if I got permission to use the flying monkey on a t-shirt, would you print one for me? I don't like the idea of just paying cost and postage though, I'd have to give you a bit extra for the time you spend on it.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
My friend bought me a T shirt from Glastonbury with the words "SICK F%$£" on it, now as nice as the centiment is I have trouble finding places to wear it, esp as there is a law called Profane Representation.
Did wear it at Glasto though and there's a photo of me talking to Mark Thomas whist wearing it which was nice.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Flynt, you are fantastic!!! I got Snotface on the back of my Year 12 jersey (graduation year, everyone gets a footy jersey, & they can choose what name goes on it). All the teachers had been really careful with all the guys, making sure no one get anything rude, confiscating anything that was slightly risque. But whilst their attention was elsewhere...

& I have my logo tshirts. One has the evian logo on it, but has the word reversed. It usually takes a while for people to realise what is going on with that one. The other has the twisties logo, but is "twisted" instead.

I have always loved this one from C@ntus:

The pitter-patter of tiny feet? Help!! I'm being stalked by a milipede!!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
logo t's.... gotta love them. my fav is the tank top i found in new york with the coke logo, only it says "enjoy cock"....

not appropriate for everywhere, but i enjoy it

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
tis all good with me sweety

its from a randon sentence in a David Eddings book, not sure if thats relevent or not

hugs and fluff
lolli x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I gotta heap wich you cant have, sorry, but one is

"arnt you tired of reading this yet?"

to go across the front of a tight ladies t-shirt.
N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
How about:

Places to go, cereal to kill...

Meh

Loleenamember
25 posts

Posted:
I had an idea (not sure if its been done b4 tho ) I was going to make me an my boyfriend a t-shirt each, kinda like his an hers, his to say 'DUDE' an mine to say 'DUDETTE' I thought that was a wicked idea.

Lolee x

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead, where there is no path an leave a trail

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'd quite forgotten that one Rozi.

I should point out that everything I write is original. On those odd exceptions when i use someone else's material I credit them fully.

Original thought costs nothing. Stealing ideas is cheap.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
All this time I've been looking for a button and it was a lever all along.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've always been quite partial to

Opening the doors of perception to see if the milk has been delivered yet

Meh

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
life is fire, so twirl.

I just made that one up a while ago like my first ten dayz of bein on the board but i never used it i like the System Of A Down quote better
put the words in old english like. that would be cool.And have a semi-clear picture of yourself twirlin' and put it under it.
i think that would be cool.

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
I used to have the black shirt i bought from wal-mart that had a really cool toaster with flamrs on the side. And under it it said "Toast" in small white letters i think you shold make one that had an "ed" added to it
He-hee that would be silly.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I have a white t-shirt with "I like Caribou" printed on it.

Those in Oz might understand if they remember the John West adverts with the eskimos.

Do you see any lemongrass?

*Fades back into shadows for another indefinite amount of time*

[ 02 September 2002, 00:32: Message edited by: Bendy ]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
BENDY!!!
it's been so long man! I'm sorry about the midget!!! I swear I'll pay child support!!
how ya been man?

Here's a surprise, I use humourous t-shirts to hide my nakedness too!

Non-Https Image Link

my favourite humour tshirts are the logo pisstakes! alot are aussie only logos, like coca cola.
I'm still looking for a place that sells the pringles (once you pop you can't stop) logo with 'pills' where it's supposed to say 'pringles'.
indeed, all your base are belong to us.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
There are so many clever and offensive T-shirts I want to get, but unfortunately I'm broke as a joke so I can't actually afford them.

Here's just a few:

Anthrax - The other white powder

Beat your children! It's good for them.
(and God says it's ok)

I f*cked the girl from Hanson

*picture of a cartoon monkey*
"I fling poo"

"suicide bomber"

And the shirt I absolutly must get doesn't actually exist other than in an episode of the simpsons, so I will most likely have to get off my lazy ass and make it:

Homer, after being singled out as an American in a forigen country (Brazil, I think) asks: "How did you know I was an American?"
As Homer turns around he is wearing a shirt of Uncle Sam taking a huge bite out of the earth and the T-shirt reads "Just try and stop us!"

[ 02 September 2002, 08:26: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hmmmmm so if i borrow other ppls ideas im cheap???
raises eyebrows at C@ntus....

anyways... moving right along.
if you guys want shirts done, email me, and if you post something i really like here, i will do you a shirt for free ` that kinda depends on whether i'll be doing other shirts with that design too....

Cheers lolli and Rozi *hugglz* i will let you know on copyright issues, and when i have finished the shirts! `

BovrilMonkey darlin, it depends on how stencil like your pic of the flying monkey is... i dont have the facilities for multi colour prints like they do at a printing factory, mine are all stencil based... ie: Block prints. But if you can find a pic, i would love to print one up for you! and no, i wont accept anything more than just costs, grrrr...

Anyone else who wants a shirt made up, email or message me, and i'll get back to you on whether or not its do-able! ` xoxoxoxxo oh, or if you want to see some of the stuff i've done... `

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought it was a good quote. Did you not like it. I wrote it on the spot. I was really proud of that.

Read it again.

It has severawl levels to it. Read it pretending to be from various social classes. Pretend you're reading it out of context.

Like it yet?

You can use it if you like.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Did you really take offence?

Did you not notice the full stop after the previous paragraph? Was that not a big enough clue that i'd moved on?

Sorry. You need to work on your mind reading.

Meh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
lol, i never disliked it C@ntus.... i just chose to adapt it to a situation where i could raise my eyebrows

i like my eyebrows...

` as for mind reading.... is it an ace of diamonds? I no complain...

seriously, no offence taken, im still trying to figure out where to take the offence from!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If you don't hate me too much, I can do some of your art work for you if you need any. I'm quite good. ask anyone.

I owe Mr Phule a tattoo design but after that i'm kinda free.

You can check out of some pictures by me, and of me (and some muppety stuff) if you click here.

Meh

Page: