Page:
NucleopoiBRONZE Member
chemical attraction
1,097 posts

Posted:
hey guys,

are any of you thinking of coming to the leeds convention?

i went to the bradford convention on the 29th january and i noticed the immense lack of devilstickers and poi spinners.

it is hard for me to come to conventions in such places as falmouth due to the problem of distance with me living in north north england.

when nobody really turns up in these disciplines it makes it very hard to share and learn new ideas and tricks.

come on guys help me out here.
you know you wanna come...! ubbidea

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Most of the Manchester peeps are going to shefield i think, tried to tempt em, but it's just bad timeing. I'll be over to catch up with my uni buddies so early morning ain't looking likley either! Looking forward to meeting some yorkshire spinners, I was too shy when I actually lived over there!

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I demand more people come to Leeds.

There's some good jugglers in the show there.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Well, when you see a sparkly bottle-green and yellow AJA devilstick, come and say hi, probably with fluorescent green handsticks.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Spinning

Bill, contact staff trickshare
Al, Poi trickshare
Kat from Bradford, Intermediate poi, moving on from the basics.
Plus others

Spinning workshops!

Willy - is bad for your health...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
i should be there. not sure how early i'll be able to make it, i just hope the car doesn't brake down anywhere. Can I stay at someone's house afterwards? don't really fancy driving back down at 1am to London!!

bounce2 juggle

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

605 posts

Posted:
yay, will's coming!

Luv 'n' Lemons

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

Can I stay at someone's house afterwards? don't really fancy driving back down at 1am to London!!

If you wanna come back to Hull, you're more than welcome to stay in my halls... I can provide a camp bed, complete with sleeping bag...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

NaomiVnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hello

Lemon-Aware, Devlistick-wielding workshop would be lovely smile
We'll put a big poster up on the day, just jot down what you want to do and when, it'll all be most gratefully received!

From the train station, it's a pretty straight line to walk up to the Uni Sports Centre (~15mins). There will be directions for cars (light blue, says JUG CON, has arrows and doughnuts!). I will try and put some from the train station for pedestrians/unicyclists too (similar style + walking person).

The lovely peeps from Leeds Fire Circle were really enthusiastic about coming along too, and the Lincoln Fire Art Soc are coming, so there will be plenty of people spinning - Hooray! Come and meet new people, learn new things, show off your stuff....!

There will be chance to play with fire after the evening show, so bring your fire toys and paraffin if you have it handy. We were thinking in the park (2 mins walk from the Refectory where the show is), but it may be at the party venue (still t.b.c.). It's pretty informal, so we'll see what you're all up for on the day.

Costs - Not free, 'cos we can't get all the stuff for free, but it's only £6 for whole day (incl. show), or £4 if you're under 10 (bring a responsible adult if you're young!). £4.50 for just the show. Whole day includes lots of cool stuff (free doughnuts!). Check out the website and our forum: www.juggler.net/leeds (also has directions).

see you Saturday! I'm really looking forward to it!!
biggrin
Naomi
PS: No fire allowed inside, for obvious health & safety reasons, but there's a cool dance hall with sprung floor for practicing!

605 posts

Posted:
Na, thanks for a wonderful convention. The acts in the show were even better than I was expecting to be (they've obviously all been practising since April). Lots of doughnuts, and it was good to meet and remeet all those people I see at other conventions!

Luv 'n' Lemons

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
fantastic convention guys!

Thanks to Dave for introducing me to his metores (sp?), tim for a sneeky pre-show burn, bill for being a beautifull contact staff man & everyone else for being there biggrin

& if anyone took part in being photographed, they're online now:
https://photobucket.com/albums/y103/mikebridge/

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

Page: