Forums > Social Chat > Long Lost and Forgotten About Cartoons

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
-I can already tell this is going to be one of those "oh yeh..i remember that..that cartoon kicked arse!!" threads..here goes...

does anyone remember a cartoon called Lone Star?
It was about a cowboy and his horse that had special powers e.g By the power of the wind or eyes of the hawk.....and he had loads of rocket launchers and stuff!!! it was an amazing cartoon!

and then theres touche turtle!

and dogtanion!

and wizbit! with paul daniels and that yellow star type of thingy..can you belive that i remembered the name of that programme only after remembering the star and having never thought about it for over 12 years!!

check this out:
Old Programmes!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
thats the one ubblol

CmkBSILVER Member
Justme
114 posts

Posted:
I also remember these

Pound Puppies

Transformers

Alvin and the Chipmunks

inspector Gadget

Kidd Video

Mighty Mouse

Space Ghost

Snorks

I watched alot of TV I think.............. hell I was an only child

Now I got theme songs in my head. ubbloco

Anyone know where I can get some of these eps on DVD or dowload or something. I have all the modern ones, Duckula season 1 and the 12 DM DVD's that are out.

really not earning cool points I know.......dont really care

weavesmiley

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
psammead
Non-Https Image Link
ubblove

and green claws
Non-Https Image Link
ubblove

just how old was that girl /woman confused ubblol
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1152363755)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

7,193 posts

Posted:
haha i remember 5 childeren and it ubblol it looked like the psammead was trying to have a giant poo everytime he granted a wish ubblol

mr ben was thge ultimate kids program

anyone remember grott bags??? hehe

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Here you can find all the theme songs of most cartoons ever made:
https://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=603

(You have to click on "Generiques de dessins animes" on the left to see the list.)

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Perraforde

But does anyone know what the cartoon was of a boy and his dragon? the boy used to wear a cap with a spinney fan type thing on top of it. I loved this cartoon and can not remember what it is called confused

I know this was posted a while ago but this one is Dungeons and Dragons the cartoon.It had a girl on it too with a invisible cape.

To add another one, Bazzle Brush - the old version.

Oh, and I notice Worzle Gummage was mentioned alot in the past.....

Are you up for it?
wink;)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Jace and the wheeled warriors and mask is on sky sometimes till..

Star Fleet - commander macarra (sp?) I think was the woman with the covered face/eye patch thing with another face in it. but that's from memory, not looking it up. 5 years ago I found a friend had an old video of it that got me really excited, I was surprised at how it fitted the Power Rangers modal (nothing works till big robot formed, win, rinse, repeat) that I hated so much when I grew up, but it was still 1,000,000,000 times better.

Battle of the planets was repeated a few years ago, but I had much more fun watching the DVD's a friend of mine got hold of last year, it was very funny to watch an eppisode of 'battle of the planets' and then watch the coresponding eppisode of 'science ninja team gatchaman'

the really, really annoying robot didn't exist at all, the bad guys get their asses kicked onscreen, cities destroyed with no warning were not effected by 'don't worry we evacuated them all beforehand honest', and the overall change in morals is funny as hell.

(not exact quotes, just running off memory)

1 UK : 'you mustn't push the fire button it would make you as bad as your fathers killer'

1 Japan : 'you MUST push the button, it's your duty, and the only way you'll honour your father, and be at peace to continue you life'

2 UK : 'the two astronauts were just unconscious and are now recuperating well'

2 Japan : '' muahahahaaa, I had a use for those dead bodies after all'

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Wow, about a month agop I spent a whole evening watching theme tunes of old toons on gootube. I nearly got all misty eyed biggrin It was one of the best internet nights i've had in a while. The tube has got most of the intro's

Heres one for the irish heads, I had completly forgotten about it

Heres a couple o other ones that got me smiling

MASK -

Thunder cats HOOO! -

inspector gadget -

knight rider -

gummy bears -

And one last one for the real dinosaurs amoung us biggrin

EDITED_BY: Mot (1168191088)

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Too damn lazy to check and see if it's in here anywhere, but...if anyone happens to run across the Looney Toons cartoon where Bugs and Elmer are doing the 'spear and magic helmet' gig...PLEASE let me know!!! I found my other favourite...which is 'Hillbilly Hare', but can't seem to find the other one!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
How is it that noone has mentioned power rangers, granted they aren't too old, but still one of the greatest tv shows in my opinion, I mean, superted was around at the same time! I know it's not a cartoon, but then again, neither are some of the other shows listed here

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I mentioned Power Rangers, but not in a good way tongue

I had all of Ulysses on my HD a year or two ago, but some got trashed in a failure frown

don't think I'd ever seen bosco.. thought the puppet at the end of the clip looked strangely familiar.

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
was snorks the one with the smoggies on the boat always trying to pollute their island for finacial gain?

astro boy was my first crush, aged about 4-5.

flynt mentioned chocky/chalky earlier on - the show used to terrify me to, although i thought i was kinda cool as a kid that you could gaze into a ligt bulb for a couple of seconds and when you looked away yoou got an image just like it (really it was just your eyes being burnt)

does anyone else remember the animated wizard of oz? it really went off on a tangent and had a character called pumpkin head.

Rhubarb was a grungy little cartoon about a dog.

i haven't seen anyone mention rocky and bullwinkle yet. not technically one of my fave's, but i still occasionally use the line 'hey rocky, watch me pull this [insert noun] out of my arse'

i have vague memories of lost cities of gold and ulyesses

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I trained with Iyan McKenzie when I was in Japan, he worked on astro boy, I was in awe smile

lovely guy.

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
we watched an episode of kimba the white lion (that's another one no-one has mentioned) which was made by the same people as astro-boy, and there is actually cross referncing - kimba goes to a museum where astro-boy is one of the exhibits!

Dr Suess

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
 Written by: fyrespirit

Too damn lazy to check and see if it's in here anywhere, but...if anyone happens to run across the Looney Toons cartoon where Bugs and Elmer are doing the 'spear and magic helmet' gig...PLEASE let me know!!! I found my other favourite...which is 'Hillbilly Hare', but can't seem to find the other one!!!

I'm not sure where to find it, but the title is "What's Opera, Doc?"

Best. Looney Tunes. Ever.

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
found "Whats Opera doc"

Search Limewire or another p2p file sharing programme.
Limewire found it in less than a minute biggrin

Are you up for it?
wink;)

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tillymoo

does anyone else remember the animated wizard of oz? it really went off on a tangent and had a character called pumpkin head.

Actually, they would have been going into the other "Oz" books which did have jack Pumpkinhead etc etc. Did you ever see the English movie of "Return to Oz" with Tic Tock and Pumpkinhead? It was really cool, and incredibly dark.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:

we watched an episode of kimba the white lion (that's another one no-one has mentioned) which was made by the same people as astro-boy, and there is actually cross referncing - kimba goes to a museum where astro-boy is one of the exhibits!

ubblol I mentioned Kimba the white lion in another thread a while ago wink it was repeated last year on bravo i think it was.

right this one shows how old you are and how oblique:

Choppy and the princess biggrin (more movies but hey still a cartoon)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

7,193 posts

Posted:
not sure if this has been mentioned but...........

TRAP DOOR

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
ahh Trap Door that brings back memorys

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
Jayce and the wheeled warriors

it's been mentioned before, but it's my favorite.
EDITED_BY: Mascot (1168286418)

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rozi

Actually, they would have been going into the other "Oz" books which did have jack Pumpkinhead etc etc. Did you ever see the English movie of "Return to Oz" with Tic Tock and Pumpkinhead? It was really cool, and incredibly dark.

that film TERRIFIED eek me as a kid! the scene where some of them are turned into antiques and dorothy has to guess which pieces they are, but if she gets it wrong she'll be turned into and antique as well still makes me want to hide under the bed.
i'd never made the connection before - i think i have wiped as much of that film from my memeory as possible

Dr Suess

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I would love to have a copy of the movie. I remember that one of the guys from Blue Peter was in it, and they did a big series on the making of the movie.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Anyone remember Gargoyles? the band of winged beasties that pledge to defend New York City akin to what they did for Scotland? biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
return to aus was HEAPS darker! what about the creatures with wheels instead of hands that were the witches slaves? eek

does anyone reember the awesomest cartoon called Super Ted? it was about a teddy who was put down the regect garbage chute at the toy factory and he became the protector of mistreated toys with his awesome side kick Spotty Man.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
SUPERTED! XD

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Points for anyone who (without using the internet to find the answer) can tell me the nme of Superted's arch enemy?

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
wasn't it Tex ?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
short for, texas pete ? I'm going to google it now but I wont post the answer smile

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireByNite

found "Whats Opera doc"

Search Limewire or another p2p file sharing programme.
Limewire found it in less than a minute biggrin

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

To you both....for the title and for the hint....I use Limewire and didn't even think to look it up on that....gonna do that now!!!

bounce bounce2 bounce

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Page: ...