Forums > Social Chat > What is the best move/combo that you have?

Login/Join to Participate

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
i dunno why, but im curious to what u all have hidden up ur sleeves. tell me ur best move/combo. i just started and mine is currently doing 360s (i.e. fwd weave, 180, reverse weave, 180, etc. etc.) tell me urs!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
dunno mine could be forward 5 beat weave, reverse 5 beat weave, 4 beat windmill, 6 beat corkscrewthen finish with alternite butterfly combo or something like that

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
I like to do the behind the back weave, (forwards), into a 180'turn to doing a back wards weave. i also like to do leg wraps with one poi, to get them spinning in alternate directions, turning 90' in either direction and then going into the butterfly.-----------------------"most see the world as it is and ask why?some see the world as they want to and ask why not?"

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
although i get it right once every blue moon i'll post it anyway - i call it 'weave-in-orbit' because it looks like (and is) a weave orbiting round my body wink :Start with reverse weave, go directly into a btb weave, then btb turn, then btb reverse weave on the other side and finish with going directly into a forwards weave, windmill and reverse weave on the other side (back where you've started from!)... maybe it's not my best combo but it's certainly more challenging that the others i can do; i still need a lot of practise to get it consistently right, let alone trying it with fire... most of the time i screw up with the btb turn!!! oh well, i'll get it one day!!!happy swinging,Simos

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Chase the sun to the same move only staggered off the top of my head to chase in the horizontal plane while spinning/turning.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."I prefer not to go where there is a path but to blaze a new one!"

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Pele,Can you explain that move in a little bit more detail please? Sounds cool but I'm not sure what you mean by
quote:
staggered off the top of my head
Cheers,Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
LOL Finn! exactly what I was wanting to know (except I didnt post - cz I've been spending too much time posting and assisting with doof organisation and chatting with funksters etc etc wink)Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
at the mo, my favourite is....Giant butterfly to b/h the head buttefly to giant butterfly with 180 degree turn to behind the head butterfly (repeated for effect).Josh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Josh,LOL smileWhen you do that 180 degree turn do you go into a reverse butterfly rather than normal butterfly?Regarding Pele's move...I think I've worked out what she meant. Pele please correct me if I'm wrong smileBy staggered off the top of the head I think she means that you keep your poi in the same allignment as you do while doing chasing the sun (ie. shoulders width apart) but the poi are moving around your body in a horizontal plane.If I'm right it means you have to undulate your body a little bit (swing your hips) to help the poi around.Josh, being a boi this one might be more tricky for you :PSo Pele, am I close or completely off track? If I'm right, this is a fave of mine too. smile

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
My fave combo atm is 360 weaves but doin windmill in between forward and rev weave weave, then 360 weave again. it looks as tho u r spinnin round your whole body. b4 this it was alternate butterfy combis.OneloveThistlefirepixie *8)

Are we nearly there yet?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I've started doing a move I call the 270 (described in "new moves") with a fountain thrown in the middle. I haven't seen myself doing it, but I think it looks pretty good.Executing the btb weave-turn cleanly is always a good feeling.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Finn and Josh,Hmm..in thinking it's very much like a same direction windmill, except that I actually rest my wrists on the top of my head, so one is going in front and one is going in back of my head at all times but they are moving in the same direction from the same pivot point on my head. It looks really neat. I was just at a loss for a description earlier.Sorry!!!! blush This is all verticle plane and you still try to maintain that equidistance you have during CTS.And Finn, the move that you describe later, the horizontal one, is the one that I go intoafter the chase the sun off the top of my head. And yes, you kind of have to move a bit, I actually do a dance turn here that will take me fully around in 4 90 degree movements.I am working on a video.Pele[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 20 March 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
hey thistle,when ur 360 weaving, r u still goind fwd/bkwd?"My fave combo atm is 360 weaves but doin windmill in between forward and rev weave weave, then 360 weave again. it looks as tho u r spinnin round your whole body. b4 this it was alternate butterfy combis."The TRUE Super Saiyajin,SsJ KaKaRoTtO

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
FARK - I left my move book at home. So many nice sounding combo's smileFinn, um it goes giant to behind head to giant with a 1/2 turn to behind head in less than one rev. kinda tricky, but not once you get it (like most moves).it can also go (and this is a bit trickier)b/h back 'fly to b/h head buttefly (without going in front) to 1/2 giant with 180 turn to b/h head 'fly to b/h back 'fly. now THATs a good combo smile))(and probly the most challenging series of movements I know).Josh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I goin forward weave to backward weave, then windmill and then forward again. I suppose this not a true 360 weave is it? Still, looks good and feels great! Have u got a simple nickname coz I just dont understand your name?Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

SsJ KaKaRoTtOmember
26 posts

Posted:
oh, ok.i get it now. now can u explain 2 me how do u do a windmill. that's hella confusing. "...then windmill and then forward again."thanx.The TRUE Super Saiyajin,SsJ KaKaRoTtO

megstarmember
5 posts

Posted:
this one is an old fave, ea-zy. I do an alternate butterfly, but with my arms further apart. I just change where my arms are - above my head, in front of me, wide out in front, alternating one or two twirls - it's my dancing move, I guess, because it's easy to follow music and go faster or slower and move around within in.my other easy combo is a lot like the windmill and corkscrew moves: I start with my arms out so I look like a cross (in theory, anyway!) and spin my body clockwise (though it doesn't matter I suppose), then I turn my arms into a corkscrew with the poi spinning in time with each other instead of alternate tempo, while I keep spinning. I come out of it by going into the windmill. I like this move because it makes me laugh and sometimes makes me dizzy....blessed be!