Page:
robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
anyone else think they need to offer better HOP clothes? the t-shirt is ok, but how bout a long sleeve or a hoody. who needs an HOP polo? maybe more color variety in the t-shirts or something. i love this site and i would love to show it but im not partial to black and there is no way im wearing a polo.

just a thought.

roberts ubbloco

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
There was much talk of this a while back. Much much talk. There were competitions and tons of interest.

But I don't think many people would buy them.

You'll of course get TONS of people that will say they'll buy them but I don't think there'd be as many sales as you'd think.

That said, I've already bought one and would def be down for some more color selection.

The only thing is... the logo is embroidered on, which I think is a bit unecessary. I'd go for just some 'ironed on' HoP logo on the back of the TShirt. You can make em for less than $5. There's a guy in chinatown who makes em for my buddy for pennies on the dollar. Or whatever that is in your language.

So yeah. I'd love to see more selection as well. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

robertsBRONZE Member
91 posts

Posted:
hmm i guess you might be right about the all talk no walk people. how bout just making an iron on and having it be a low cost impulse buy when people order their other stuff. then we can put it on anything we want. HOP pj's would be fun.

roberts

if anyone orders Merlot, i'm leaving.

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
why not use something like cafepress, where you sell at markup, and there is no overhead.. that way, no loss if there are few orders

(not a plug.. there are many such sites, i just see this one everywhere)

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'd love some decent poi clothing- what about something that actually shows what spinning is instead of a tiny little logo, we can do so much better than that!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
yup - id by an iron on logo or sumthing - would be cool - would have to make a HoP tent and sleepnig bag to go with the pj's at festivals etc :P

back

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
i can honestly say that if HoP offered better clothes.
i would buy some for me and my friends.

I want something that says "I am a fire dancer" moreso than me carrying blackened poi from the bus stop to the gardens where we spin

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
yeah me too, there's so many possibilities for good design - just look at all the poi art that's around.

could be very cool.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
cafe press are ok, their quality is very good, the colouring on certain items is not the best but you pay for what you get.

I have a range of items for poiinthepark to help with the funding of the site but believe me the call for these is non existant, i hoped that rather than asking for donations for bandwidth for the videos this would also give some thing back to the members in return as well as getting videos from the site.

they dont however offer a range of colours but there are options for front and back prints etc.. i find the service they offer is good but could be better.

shameless plug!

Non-Https Image Link

my juggling bag as proudly modeled by the lovely littlefairyblue.

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
PK, can you really fit all your juggling equiptment in that bag?

<---has tons of stuff and a pretty massive bag that says "Converse" on it that she found at a thrift shop

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thats just my carry bag, i have a suitcase with wheels for the rest of them! wink

actually mech is the proud owner of all of my fire toys and my aerotechs and some juggling clubs, i have a box here with 12 sets of poi still packaged, my bag has 2 sets of poi and 5 juggling balls and sere has my suitcase with my juggling clubs, more sets of poi, my juggling rings and my unicycle in it.
Rob owns my old dura stilts and roo owns my other unicycle that he never paid me for and some other fire poi he also never paid me for.

so i guess nope! not many of my toys will fit in that bag, but my 5 clubs and balls and a set of poi will and i can sling it over my shoulder and ride my uni.

Those bags do fit a lot in them though, i love it and take it every where with me. Also it is my own logo that i designed a few months ago to go with the new website.

I want to do some more designs this year too, maybe another bag with my avatar printed on it... miss pink will love it i hope... i made my logo pink only for her, i dont like pink too much ubblol but i like my avatar.... plus im a bit girlie so it does kinda suit me.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Well I said it last time and I'll say it again.

I want a HoP beenie!!

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
this isnt sucha bad idea...

te pooka do stuff and i got a cute lil vest top with a stick poi person. see...

Non-Https Image Link

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Yeah my red top with black armpits says to other spinners that I'm a Poi spinner who does wrapsbut to the general public I'm a scruffy fecker on the bus. Even something that says Oi I'm a hopper would be top make it easier to find people when they dont have toys in hand!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

CloudscapeSILVER Member
62 posts

Posted:
I'd buy HOP clothing if the range was a bit better. What I'd really like though are t-shirts etc with some good poi artwork - anyone know any sites?

Remember what the doormouse said

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I like the idea of HOP clothing but it's just a tiny little logo. I'd definately buy a t-shirt if it said something funny and clever about being a firetwirler. It's too late at night for me to think of any examples.

I mean the hop clothing is great job and a great idea, it probably costs heaps to print etc... I feel bad that we're complaining about this...

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I have a HoP T shirt, and it is very good quality, I just want to get my avatar printed on the back!

biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The contest did well awhile ago, and no one bought the clothing.
Cafe Press comes in white and grey, sometimes black. All other colors need to be purchased in bulk.

I agree that perhaps an array of iron-ons for sale would be cool and then you can do with as you please...
However, iron-ons do not always last, especially if they take a beating or are overwashed, so then it could lead to quality complaints.

Screwed up one way and down the other.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
A radical idea might be... just make some logo iron on stencils and let us print and iron them on whatever we'd like on irononable printer paper.

That is to say "Here's the HoP logo, print it out yourself and go crazy" smile Or something like that.

I'd never print a HoP logo and make my own stuff without permission.

Maybe even just for one specific "Free Logo" which we can put on stuff.

I make my own iron on stuff all the time. I don't have any photos of Molly's stuff but those that I stayed with in London all got personalized iron-on NYC stuff. biggrin

I also have a HoP Tshirt.

I think one of the problems for the TShirt contest was that people voted for what design they liked the best. Not what TShirt they'd actually buy. I think a simple HoP logo shirt would sell better than a really complex picture. And the embroidering is totally unnecesary.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
i would love HoP clothes! naturally they would be ones you could twirl in. i need some new black trousers (hint hint)

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
it would be cool if some of the t-shirts had good pics that peeps have put on the site on. for example, some pics uploaded my hoppers that were really good, i would buy a shirt with the pic on..... would anyone else?????

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
just get some t-shirt transfer paper. couldn't have black shirts, but almost any other colour is good. print it out, iron it on, you're good to go!

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
It'd be awesome if we could have our avatar on our shirt. i'd buy a shirt with my avatar on it smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MissEgyptologyBRONZE Member
officially expelled from BYU
195 posts

Posted:
Poists do it in the park. I think that's a phrase that PK needs to print on shirts, or HOP. Someone needs to put something like that on a shirt.

"So Miss, I think you win the prize... A mormon egyptologist in a firespinning chat room... that's gotta be a record of some kind"
-NYC

Thanks, NYC,but I quit mormonism now XD

PoiToimember
41 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:sparkey:.

just get some t-shirt transfer paper. couldn't have black shirts, but almost any other colour is good. print it out, iron it on, you're good to go!

that's what pele was getting to..
the iron-on transfers are really por quality, i had one and the shirt maybe lasted 5 washes... another thing is that printers put down such a thin layer of ink that if the shirt isnt white or very light colored, you cant see it all or it just looks like you got drunk and wandered into a paint store....

i'd agree with the cafepress idea, though you can find local stores that will do the same thing and you wont have to buy in bulk for colors.... as we all know fire spinners + white clothing = botchy black clothing.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
unless you wear the botchy black clothing as a mark of pride. or have a phrase like "The darker the shirt, the more i wrap" or something.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I looked at the designs for the T-shirts and agree that the reason they probably haven't sold is they are not what people would really wear.

And can I just say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
make some skinny Ts, I think I speak for a lot of girls in that I never wear baggy T-shirts, they look awful on me! If you made them in girl freindly clothes more people would buy them. At all the festivals and gigs you go to its always the skinny Ts that sell the fastest. PLEASE!!!!

And I agree with the badness of iron on style transfers, they always seem to get ruined quickly.

soapbox (did I tell you to make skinny tees?)

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

munkypunksGOLD Member
enthusiast, but not enthusiastic
367 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

unless you wear the botchy black clothing as a mark of pride. or have a phrase like "The darker the shirt, the more i wrap" or something.

That's pretty funny - printed only on white or pale coloured shirts.

But slightly seriously, I just went to the shopping area to check out the clothes and have a couple of suggestions.

First, they're under the "glow/rave" category, and I never would have found them except that I became convinced that you guys simply stopped offering the shirts, based on the low sales discussion here, and went to "glow/rave" in search of shiny fish. So the marketing could be better.

Second, I agree with all the comments re pictures, slogans (I saw a bumper sticker that said simply "got poi?" that I thought was cool), or even a bigger logo. What about the pic that's on the home page? Obviously, it's already made and HoP already owns it. I like the stick poi spinners too, like the bag in this thread or Malcolm's avatar.

Last, I second pricklyleaf's request for "skinny" (I think in marketing parlance they're called "babydoll") women's T's. You don't want to spin in something baggy. Plus, they look better. smile

You can't fall off the floor, but sometimes you need a chair to reach the cookie jar.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
yeah i thought there was no actual clothing, til i read that, munkypunks.

- definately in black
- small sizes [aka skinny]

the avatar idea is fantastic, although that would cost more because it wouldn't be a bulk bought thing. Good idea for someone who wanted to do their own.

cool ideas though smile

SocksBRONZE Member
Arf! Can I have a biscut?
288 posts

Posted:
You can't make everyone happy with clothing, trust me on this. The best you can hope for is try 2 designs, and give some range to them in size and color if you can. It works other places, why not?

I really should get some HoP stuff tho. I want to support the place that *snyff* seems to like me so much... **sniffles** I promised myself I wouldn't cry! **runs off**
EDITED_BY: Socks (1112700783)

I'm weird. Just work through that and we'll all be fine.

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater suggest that he wear a tail." - Fran Lebowitz

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
maybe malcolm should sell socks?

Page: