Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
i'm from swansea
2nd be great

like a bit of fire not brilliant but i give it a go!!!! got a couple of mates that might be interseted too

hi

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am off to Budapest this weekend so I won't be able to make it , sorry smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sorry the 2nd is now not free for me. I have a whole load of stuff I need to do. Sorry.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
i know its short notice but how about sat 15th oct??? swansea bay???

hi

myfiBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
hello.. from the basic gist of this forum this is all based in South Wales? always... sigh.. well i am Australian but i lived in north wales and im going back to visit this november/december.. i love to meet up for some fire action.. tho i know the weather will be stunning.. hmm... mmm... maddie

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm in manchester on the 15th sorry.

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
did a fire"show" on the beach (swanseabay) sat anyone there??

hi

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
cool

glad to hear you had a good time . . .

any pics ?

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
lets meet up while the weathers ok ish!!
EDITED_BY: dizzybint (1130423834)

hi

1,643 posts

Posted:
soooo... it's official, i shall be back in cardiff on the 26th November... and since the next day is a sunday, i was pondering on whether or not ye have all actually conspired to start these sunday meets yet?

it better not be too bloody wet there... biggrin

becciPancake Maker
151 posts

Posted:
hmmmm...what an interesting idea... well seeing as miss Pink...? will be at mine that weekend and will need to be in Cardiff anyway to get her coach home, having a little early afternoon meet up type thing may be on the cards.

See NOn how have we coped with out you...well we haven't really, so YAY it'll be great to have you back in (wet) welshland.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
a sunday meet on the 27th may be good, that is also the day of the Prodigy gig, but that shouldn't be a problem smile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
cos i'll be in Cardiff as well! biggrin

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
looks like a plan then . . . .

1,643 posts

Posted:
ah-ha! indeed. the prodigious ones. presumable it's sold out? not that it overly matters, i have no british money anyway, but i'm sure i can scrape together a bus fare. does that make it an official plan then?

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
hello people,
been spinin for a couple years, oli was my guru! spent countless days at college pestering him to show me more. havent seen him for about a yr tho ubbidea
miss him lots n lots!
am at uni in cardiff n wondered if anyone was up for a spin sometime? left all my fire stuff at home but i gots sox.
anyhows, if u wanna meet up it'd be very very nice
wave

All that is solid melts into air

1,643 posts

Posted:
see above, 27th good for you? no fire necessary, except maybe for heating, as people will be off to prodigy in the evening...

sooo... what time does miss pink be needing to get the coach? and what time be gayle and co. arriving in cardiff? can we go somewhere with the prospect of hot tea afterwards... It's getting sooooo cold here, it's hard to imagine spending any time outside at all, but maybe it's better in cardiff with the nice temperate island climate....?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
wow! Non being organised ubblol what has Slovenia done to you. We will probably stumble over the bridge at 2ish maybe or earlier if we're needed. biggrin

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
The weather right now as I type is... well pissing down with high winds and localised flooding..... but thats Swansea. Cardiff maybe bathed in tropical sunshine with a temp of 32c for all I know ubblol

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Question for matt:

Would you be able to put me and Neal up for the night. That way we could have a few jars and go back home on Monday morning?? :hopefulpleadingpuppydogeyessmiley:

Gayle.....!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

The weather right now as I type is... well pissing down with high winds and localised flooding..... but thats Swansea. Cardiff maybe bathed in tropical sunshine with a temp of 32c for all I know ubblol

ah-ha! that's what i like to hear! i'll make sure i have my sun block!! *chipper, upbeat, lalalala...* ARGHHHH!!! RAIN!?!?...

hey, well done gayle you made the 500th post in this thread. have a jelly bean on me smile *oh... now i have to buy some jelly beans...*
uh... but i'm afraid it's not exactly organisation, it's uh.... anticipated general boredom and lack of employment biggrin

becciPancake Maker
151 posts

Posted:
i think miss pink said her coach was probably 3ish so maybe...and I know this is a lot to ask on a sunday morning...but.. is there any chance we could perhaps say meet at 11/12ish.
And yes Non it's still raining, but last time i remember us meeting up in Cardiff it snowed didn't it?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
bit of a push to get to Cardiff from Bath at that time on a sunday eek. We'll just turn up, when we turn up and hope to catch Pink before she heads off.

Gayle.....!

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
So, Where do you guys meet in Cardiff? I'm hoping to get tickets for the prodigy gig but its still uncertain. Any of you guys live in Cardiff? Jus met someone who is a very VERY fast learner, she's catching up and its scaring me!

All that is solid melts into air

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
I'm from Swansea, been spinning poi for about 3 weeks now, and staff for about a month, also been practising fire breathing(with water just yet) for about 6 months.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

1,643 posts

Posted:
that's a good question, where will we meet in Cardiff?... suggestions in a hat please.

As for time, well whatever for me, figuring that my personal time zone is currently one hour ahead, i can maybe manage to be up by 11 biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Where depends on the weather, doesn't it? If it piddling down we need somewhere that has a bit of shelter......or are we going to be hard core and just enjoy the sensation of being wet and cold?

1,643 posts

Posted:
mmm... true... i would suggest a nice warm cafe with good hot chocolate in that event, but i guess there wouldn't be much spinning possible... i don't think i want to be hardcore....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
ohh ohh lots of people in the cymru thread

wavehello bounce bounce2 bounce wavehello

Well that was a crazy weekend .... went to turnmills in london to spin - got back to cardiff at 8.30 in the morning...

place to meet for 27th :- stone circle in the park behind the castle .... ?

Weather - it hailed on saturday .... and is damn cold now.

Gayle - I am sure it won't be a problem but will have to ask housemates, so will get back to you

Hi to xorba and thumperabbit :hiwave:

There are a few poi spinners in cardiff that I know of - me and rossco from here and Non when she gets back here....

For places to spin and meet up :

Tuesdays at the Hawian on City Road from 8.30 onwards
It is an open mic night, £2 with a free buffet at 9pm ish and a chance to spin fire weather permitting... a few of us are there most weeks

Thursdays Juggling Club £2, 8pm till 10pm this has just moved to a new location in town... at Charles Street not quite sure on directions yet haven't been there myself yet but if people want to meet up before then that can be arranged...
It is just a practise space but it is always good to meet and share tricks. . .

so hope to see you all soon hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello Welshies! biggrin Really missed you guys at PiP this weekend, it was awesome but wasn't quite the same without hugging Rossco and making him do things for me frown Hope I see you all soon hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Page: ......