Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Jeanienewbie
2 posts

Posted:
I guess thats me then.Im pretty damn wales based.I am in the process of teaching my friends the limited amount of poi i know once ive got them going ill be looking for someone to get me up to fire level?????I live in the Llandeilo/carmarthen are and can get easilly to swansea.Luv Jean

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hey Non, Jeanie..... I met Rossco Bossco in Cardiff on saturday and he thought it would be fun to get a group of us Welsh people together. He said Dunc was coming over in a couple of weeks, so it might be nice to do it then. Even if its just us, ross and Dunc its always nice to meet other spinners.

Jeanie I live just outside Swansea. I'm not all that good yet at either poi or staff but I'm working on getting better. It would be good to meet up in Swansea sometime if you can't make it to Cardiff. My niece Hannah spins too.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

1,643 posts

Posted:
wow, that was surprisingly effective, i do half arsed post, other people reply, excellent!!

I have a sort of brain block at the moment, so i hope it'll suffice to say, woo!! yeah! and everyone will know what i'm on about tongue

welcome to Hop jeanie, stick around, and bring your friends, the more the merrier smile wave

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I shall come on the promise of a comfy floor.....Make it a weekend party or something...*hint hint - it's Skully's birthday soon*

Roll on Welsh celebrations....

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'll be down in a few weeks no doubt, not quite sure which weekend it'll be but we'll let you know fo sure smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

1,643 posts

Posted:
ok... what's anyone doing the weekend after next? 19th/20th february and can they think of a damn thing that would be better than spinning poi. someplace. in wales. with people biggrin

discuss.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Nope..... I can't think of a thing better to do than spin with other people someplace (probably cardiff) in Wales!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I going to watch Massive Attack and Portishead at Bristol Carling Academy. Should be wicked.

Gayle.....!

1,643 posts

Posted:
awww.... what? you're not meant to be able to think of something better to do.... ubblol

i want to hear, "Alas!! i shall be forced to go and watch massive attack that weekend, but i so want to come and spin with you guys in sunny wales!! oh! Woe is me!! *sob, sob*"

right? like that... repeat after me please...

biggrin

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
"Alas!! i shall be forced to go and watch massive attack that weekend, but i so want to come and spin with you guys in sunny wales!! oh! Woe is me!! *sob, sob*"
"Alas!! i shall be forced to go and watch massive attack that weekend, but i so want to come and spin with you guys in sunny wales!! oh! Woe is me!! *sob, sob*"

Something like that??

Gayle.....!

1,643 posts

Posted:
excellent work! biggrin it is with great regret then, that i must concede you must go and watch massive attack... so... i'll let you off.... but only this once mind! wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pffft Gayle! I think you should be made to buy us all tickets to see Portishead and massive attack. We all know what a rich biatch you are! You have a private road up to your house and everything ubblol

So Non where and what time? Tell me tell me tell me tell me...... that way I have time to bully/bribe other people into coming.

Free chocolate for everyone that comes!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Free chocolate for everyone that comes!

I wanna come now.....

We all know what a rich biatch you are! You have a private road up to your house and everything

Ha Ha Ha HA yeah right. My house is 10 foot square - not even enough to spin a 3 beat weave without hitting the lampshade, the walls, the floor, my head!!!

I think you should be made to buy us all tickets to see Portishead and massive attack

I had to queue for an hour in the cold and you were only allowed to buy two tickets. It kinda sucked! Shoule be a good night though. I'm off to a fire party on sat night, should be fun!

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooooooooo, Fire party...... I'm officially jealous now

*sulks and pouts and grumps and groans*

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have a niece and a nieces friend that would like to come along and meet up next saturday (19th feb). Both are beginners but not afraid of looking a bit silly or hitting themselves. Where and when do people want to meet up?

Remember if you come you get free chocolate! Mmmmmmmmmm chocolate....... you know you want it!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey there I am new to this site and am up for meeting people that do poi and the like in and around cardiff. I am not particularly good and generally hit myself with the poi quite abit but am up for learning, can do a few moves but am a bit rusty as have no one/ place to pratice . . .

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Go meet Skully, Non and Rossco. They are really nice spinners who tend to hit themselves quite a lot also wink (didn't mean it guys!!)

19th Feb is it guys??? - decided on a place yet or are you still as disorganised as ever.

I dunno these disorganised welsh people. wink

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:

wave Hello Matty, welcome to the fantabulous world of HoP. Gayle is right when she says I hit myself in the head still. I have a talent for it. Its about the only move I can do consistantly!

I'm waiting on Non to get back to me about the 19th...... I don't know anywhere in Cardiff that we can fire spin. I have to know soon too because one of my nieces friend wants to come too but her mum won't let her if I can't give times and places.

*pokes Non in the eye* Wake up girlie!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hello there, thanks for the welcome . . . My problem is I don't really get to practise that much . . . therefore anytime we have a party which generally means a bonfire, I end up doing poi and hitting myself.... It would be cool to meet some more people that are into poi, I have managed to teach my friends a few tricks now and again, but it would be good to learn some tricks of others and get some tips, learning from books is so much harder than actually having people to practice with..

1,643 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! i've been away!!! i've only just got back!!! um uh....

skully> have you spoken to rossco? and found out what he's doing?.... does he have any ideas??

'cos i know of a place that we could go but it's someone's house and it's up the valleys and it's not mine, so i shouldn't really invite loads of people there randomly.... and how much fire are we all spinning?? because there'd loads of places we could go in centre of cardiff am just not sure about whether fire is good there - i have a beach for fire but it's in penarth although that is only a short way away, or... behind the castle in cooper field there's plenty of space there, and if anyone says anything we'll just have to hang our head and plead our innocence... we could make it an afternoon->evening thing so if we're all going to be hitting ourselves, at least we won't be burning....

um.... uh... is that enough of a plan?? or do we want specific dates and times? hows about 19th Jan, Coopers field, from 3pm? speak now or forever hold your peace....

i have no idea for indoor places but if the poi spinning falls through due to inclement weather, there's always the pub.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well 19th of Jan would be cool but I really don't want to wait until Jan 2006 to meet, ubblol Feb however will be fine and 3pm sounds good..... now all I have to do is find coopers field.

I haven't spoken to Rossco....... I thought he would have read this......maybe I should ring him once its a definate time and place. If it rains a pub would be ok. I think Han and Sarah would get away with it (they are only 16 and 15.)

Matty come along if you can. We don't bite, and we promise to have a wash before we turn up biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks for the invite, but unfortunately am heading to Bristol for a big house party , my friend has hired 8000 balls to make a ball pit in one of the rooms and they have hired a load of DJ kit, so I can't really miss it . . .
I hope the weather is good for you guys and gals and I am sure you will find coopers field , it is just behind the castle, could recommend the stone circle as a good place to meet it is close to the castle and easy to find . . . and not a far walk to the pub if it starts to rain or if you get too cold. . .

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
With a bit more notice will try and meet you guys and gals soon . . .

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Can i come to the ball party? - where abouts in Bristol is it?

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am sorry it ain't my party and I don't know you yet . . would feel abit out of place inviting someone I don't know to someone elses party . . . Sorry, I don't mean to be rude . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skully

I haven't spoken to Rossco....... I thought he would have read this......maybe I should ring him once its a definate time and place

Rossco hasn't got any web access at the mo, so he only gets to check up here once every never so often. Probably best to call him and I'm sure he's up for some partying but he's off to Amsterdam soon so that might clash smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Just realised it's this Sunday (20th) that Ross flys to the Dammage but he'll be back next weekend, and if you're stuck for somewhere to spin (apart from Coopers field) I'm pretty sure he knows a few places

1,643 posts

Posted:
eek wow. ball party sounds absolutemally amazing. got to get me one of those!

so everybody's going to be in bristol someplace... well i'm not fussed if it'd be better to postpone until next weekend so everyone can come...?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
come to Bristol instead...You can stay at my house - we can stack you all up one on top the other. Should be fun...

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Non I was going to suggest maybe doing that because it appears on the weather forcast to be saying we will have freezing cold winds and maybe snow this weekend! Not that I'm a wimp or anything but I'm buggered if I'm going to stand in cardiff spinning in the snow freezing my assets (as small as they are) off!

Gayle can I sleep standing up in the shower? Or can I be the last one to be stacked. I don't want to be squished!

Page: ...