Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
ok dude, thanks, i'll text/phone you then if you're not online. meeting in cardiff is ok, let me know what time you guys are planning on going, i may have to take the afternoon off work or something... otherwise i won't be back in Cardiff till 6.30 shrug so depends when you want to get there. smile

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
oh [censored] i are we going up on the friday?ill txt you to pitman lol to sort things out.what are aero techs or hyper lights i want some?could you tell me how i go about getting the public liability insurace?tc all

to many freaks to little circuses!

1,643 posts

Posted:
aerotechs are very expensive glowy toys, they look like this. couldn't find their actual website... Hyperlights are still in development but will i think be released fairly soon, they are made by hyperlight here on HoP and i don't know how much they will be but they look f*cking cool, i'll take some photos at fal biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
This is the aero tech site

As for me going to the boarders meet, well that depends on health, wealth and a lift from my sister. I'll let you know.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey sage,, did you make that vid from when you come down ? smile

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
Hello again everyone, I know I tend to come and go and rarely have any useful information, but this may interest you. On Friday nights there is a band night in Howard Gardens, the Art school in Cardiff. Basically the guy who runs the bar has said its cool if anyone wants to bring their spinning equipment (Fire or otherwise) The nights are open to the public and the atmosphere is always pleasant. The place is just off of Newport road not far from Queen street, behind the macdonald holland house hotel. for any information on the nights just go here: www.myspace.com/thefamily_hg

All that is solid melts into air

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
mike - no not yet, that video from solfest was niceness
i have some good footage from falmouth

thanks xorba i might head down there sometime

non - thanks for sharing your sand covered mat, nice to see you again wave

looking forward to WEBM !!!

adz - your handles will be done by WEBM, family is good, dylan had a blast camping this weekend.

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

This is the aero tech site

As for me going to the boarders meet, well that depends on health, wealth and a lift from my sister. I'll let you know.

tell your sister, there will be unicycles (multiple) and that we can have races therefore to convince her to come, wealthwise, the campsite is 4 squids and if you've not got enough i'll happily pay for you, plus a share of whatever food i have going, so all you have to worry about is having good health hug smile and thanks for finding the aerotech site.

i didn't have batteries in my camera so there are no falmouth piccys of hyperlights from me, but am sure there will be loads appearing, they are looking cool especially in hyperloop socks! hurrah!

and yay, thanks xorba, new thing to put up in the first post, hope to see you along soon at something in cardiff! I might even go to juggling club this week... i might...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im gunna start going but have to get my flat and cash in order i would happily spend my food money on juggling club where as my misses whouldn't be so happy about it.
EDITED_BY: pitman (1158653433)

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
[Old link] for some fire spinning saturday night at falmouth

1,643 posts

Posted:
happy birthday pitman!! I'm guessing it's tomorrow, but we're on HoP time, so it's already your birthday! hug smile

tell your lovely ladyfriend it's only 2 squids which you would otherwise spend on beer, that should work wink

1,643 posts

Posted:
another nice video sage, all your vids are totally chilled out, they're pretty to watch smile

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

how old are you anyway?

1,643 posts

Posted:
awww.. that pretty!!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
thats awsome sage i like it alot,cant wait for webm i have got the friday off work to prepare lol,dont know how im gonna find the place tho please mett me somewhere and dont say in cardiff coz i dont know anywhere there to drive to lol.

1,643 posts

Posted:
adz> uh...

gizmo> ...?

uh... i'm getting the impression in the WEBM thread that Mike is driving/ has a lift, maybe you can go in convoy with adz from Port Talbot or something? that would probably be easiest. How many people does everyone have in their car for WEBM at the moment? (i know this ain't the thread for it but what the hell...)

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, and i just remembered the reason why i came to post here, which is because i just realised i missed the train to go to juggling club again, can someone next week remind me when it's thursday?!?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well i will follow some one from port talbot if any one is driving from there. because i will get lost if i have to drive in to cardiff to meet any one,in my car is just me and jade but i have no boot space so all our gear will be in the back seats.i finally learnt that crosser move earlier im well chuffed lol.

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh it's ok, i just wondered what time you might be arriving because MikefromGlos and co, might be needing a lift about 4ish, and i thunked that if you had space you could pick them up on the way through abergavenny? especially if you guys can go in convoy and squeeze them in somewhere between your cars...? ubbangel if not, no worries, someone will just have to go back and get them after ubblol

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
nice one sage. im 20 now (still a lil kid)

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
ok adz,, pm me your mobile mate,, come to port talbot,,and we`ll go in convoy ok?..;)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
then meet in cardiff to make the convoy bigger

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
oO not sure will have to talk to my driver wink

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
wow sage that is an absolutely awesome happy birthday greeting!!! wow.

hello to you all, my computer had a breakdown for the last two weeks, so i've been resorting to the tv...not so much fun.

But now I'm back and looking forward to WEBM although it took me a while to work out what it actually meant lolsign

Happy birthday to pitman for whenever it was, and I hope you're all well and coming to llanthony in LESS THAN A WEEK!!! YAY!!!

nat

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
txt me on thursday or something giz so i know when are where we are meeting for me to follow you up,how are we all?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
everything is good ma and ryan will be joining the convo with mike's dad hopfuly so alls good. has n e 1 got a welsh flag? we had the idea of the cymru baby, yeah camp (basicly we all put out tents next to each other lol

1,643 posts

Posted:
ubblol i haven't got a flag no... i think the tents won't be all that far from each other anyway though biggrin Are you all sorted now then for getting there and stuff... my phone number is on the WEBM thread if you haven't got it and get horribly lost or something, as is the one for the campsite, which you'll probably be better off phoning, because they know where they are better than i do.... Bring lots of lights (torches) people, i have a feeling it may be very dark round by there...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i got my head lamp so i can still use both hands to rack up a line wink

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
racking up lines?.. torches??. god this gets better an better :P

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
alright guys,good seein ya all again,us lot shall have to have a closer meet again some time soon,what was it like after we left?

Page: ......