Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
oh, and i was also wondering, is there any possibility that we could make a regular time for us wales people to meet up? like the first saturday of every month or something (that was just an example btw)?

i realise that sometimes people will have other plans, or there will be something going on or whatever, but like a general thing and if loads of people can't go to one of the meets then we can reshedule it. just an idea so that we can have more meets.

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well i lost my job today so things aint looking to good on the money front for now but ill make the next meet,but no play fest or anything untill i get a job or some more money in,BUY MY FIRE ROPES YOULL BE DOING A MATE A FAVOUR AND HELPING THE SOON TO BE POOR LOL!ill see you there on sunday then stacey pm me your number n ill txt you when we get there?

to many freaks to little circuses!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Bad luck on the Job loss. I hope something turns up soon for you. If not, you look like someone that can make things. Get creating and start selling stuff online.

You do know if you volunteer and work at Play you will get your ticket money refunded? I know you have to pay upfront, but if you do a few shifts you'll get that money back.

How many people from South Wales are going this year? Could you lot Car share to cut the costs of travel?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

916 posts

Posted:
adz: damn shame, guess what? i ain't getting paid either! lol i was meant to get paid on monday (meaning that i could borrow the money and pay it back on monday) but coz of the bank hol they've decided to skip this months pay and give double next month. meaning i'm skint till june, so unfortunatly can't go on sunday now angry fortunatly i can still go to play coz the ticket is a birthday present biggrin

Skulduggery: me is going to play biggrin and everybody knows i'd car share... if only i had a car (and a license lol) i'm going by train it seems

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
how do i apply to work at play then skully?thanks for the compliment lol,my job loss couldnt have come at a worse time but ah well the road through life is never smooth,gutted stacey maybe next time.how are you skully you aint been to a meet in a good while.

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Hey stacy,
Sorry for not getting back to you this week, I went away for the weekend last week and decided to stay for the rest of the week, hence not logging on...

How you been? not so good by the sounds of it, frown I read you lost your job, sorry to hear that, im sure you'll find something else pretty fast. I believe everything happens for a reason. So it may not be all that bad. biggrin

So when you free and up for a spin? Im not really free over the weekend, have to entertain the mother inlaw, as its her birthday tomorrow, and also got some redecorating to do, but next week is ok, either the park or the juggling club on thursday if your up for it? juggle

NON, Hello, how you doing ? you going on thursday??

it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
To work at play you just need to contact Dunc/Strugz/Durbs/Bluecat..... They will be able to let you know what you need to do.

I've not been to any meets lately due to crappy health. I'll have to get Jon to drag me along to one soon though because I've all but forgotten how to spin.

I would offer people a lift to Play with us but I think we have 5 people in our polo already. My only other suggestion is put up a request for car space on the play thread. There will be a whole load of people going from Bristol...which isn't as far by train. Maybe one of them will have space for you.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I think Dunc is without internet

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hey guys,

roxy is only 18 months all and she has this lump. we have looked at the PDSA as there is one near us but they told us we had to be on benafits to claim or "find" someone on benafits to blag it for us.

Norway this weekend all paid for by you lovely people (council tax) lol

Firegathering next weekend. paid for by the misses

and im still skint.

biggrin

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Helloooo.... hope everyone had a cool bank holiday weekend! i went to blowout festival down cardiff bay, which was fun, although a tad wet... how was the camarthen one?

seems the weather has turned rubbish again for the time being, hope that firegathering turns out nice though for those of you going!

Frankie > not sure about thursday yet, don't think i have any other plans, so it could be a good opportunity to go if you want to, send me a text or something, will ask nat also. Of course if it gets nice and sunny again by the end of the week it might be nice to go to the park of an evening instead smile

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well we didnt go to the carmarthen thing lol couldnt be bothered,what was the one in cardiff bay all about?when is the next meet,dates people dates.well excited download fest only 4 weeks away its going to be absolutly funkin ace.anyone looking for a maid cheap rates ill do most household jobs?

916 posts

Posted:
frankie: woot! applying for a job in blue banana, went in yesterday to get another piercing and saw that they're hiring! yay! lol well, the big ol' GCSE's start next week, so i've got a lil' time off during the day, how bout weekend after next (Saturday 19th May)? unable to go to club on thursday, going to hospital for an MRI frown

adz: you able to come next weekend? and shut up about download ffs! lol its bad enough with exams on my b'day, without you rubbing it in my face that you can go to download and i can! wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
adz
mate i have a few jobs you can do. i start work at 9am and finish about 8-9pm i work with very difficult angry kids. i will pay you £2.50 an hour to do it. it you are willing to make me coffee as well (considering i work down the rd from my house) you can run to my house with a cup every half hour or so i will pay you £2.53 and hour.

everyone eles
hello... firegathering in a wekk and a half cant wait tickets sold out so should be 300+ people

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
lmao i aint that cheap dude,enjoy firegathering hope its all good,advertise my ropes lol,hows your ferret now?

i should be able to come up next weekend stacey whats the date of that weekend and depends on who else is coming up.what piercing you having then?

916 posts

Posted:
the date next weekend is Sat 19th may (not the weekend coming up, the one after that) but i can do the saturday, or sunday (20th) or both?

i got my left ear cartilage pierced again, since i can't have my industrial done until my left ear is healed, i thought i'd get another one done on the same ear biggrin i had cartilage on left ear done on friday, then cartilage on left ear done again on tuesday. in the past 6 weeks i've gotten another 6 piercings ubblol bit overboard maybe??

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
only your ears you got pierced isit?i want the back of my neck done and by my collar bones,i should be able to make that weekend,come down to swansea or something go on lol?been up to much?im well bored now i aint got a job.

916 posts

Posted:
yea, 8 in ears atm, but i want lips and tongue done aswell. you should totally get that done, i'd love to see it, possibly get that done if i like it biggrin lol unfortunatly i can't come to swansea, my exams are on then, so all the travelling means i won't get as much time to revise. i've not been doing much to be honest, loads of work, doing my progess file, revising, all end of school stuff, tying up all the loose ends and getting ready to leave.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
lovley stuff lol,hows your poi skills coming along learnt anything new?i might get pierced in download becaus they have a place that des it there,see how i feel at the time lol.

916 posts

Posted:
mmmm..... i've been trying, but need a bit of help. and i swear, if someone doesnt help me with a weave then i'll go crazy! i'm so annoyed, i've been trying for ages and still can't do it! its not that damn difficult! lol and with the amount of alcohol you'll be drinking at download i'm gonna guess that you'll feel good enough to get the piercings done biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sorry to be the sensible one, but getting piercings done at festivals is not a good idea. For one keeping it clean after it has be done is not easy in a field and 2 in big crowds of dancing people it's very easy to get a new piercing caught on someone else and ripped out. OUCH!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"the amount of alcohol you'll be drinking at download i'm gonna guess that you'll feel good enough to get the piercings done"

ubblol ubblol ubblol

Any decent piercer will NOT pierce anyone who has drunk alcohol in the past 24 hours due to the blood being thinner, and the client bleeding all over the place.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
good point Jonner!

and I agree with Miss Skully, even having healed piercings at a festival isn't that fun, especially in the mosh pit! (do kids still say mosh pit?)

my friend had 4 piercings ripped out of the tops of his ears at Reading. eep!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
allo allo!!
have to butt in... any suggestions, i got my neck done in cardiff, have it done at oriental arts by simon, he's awesome.
DON'T DON'T DON'T have it done at Blue Banana (sorry ULG i think you said you wanted a job there... they did my neck the first time and seriously ballsed it up...) and the nice ginger man in splot (who's name or place i can't remember, but his business card has a duck on it) is lovely but said he only did it with a straight bar, and that went a bit funny and grew out after a month and a half. but he did say it would.
but i'm sure it will be lovely having it done at a festival as well.
*steps down off soapbox*
hello everybody! i joined a while ago then lurked for a bit then didn't talk to anyone... but i went to juggling club for a bit before easter then stopped cs of exams... and to be honest hadnt been for a bit anyway... but, then i am pmd about a meet (thank you ULG!) so i'm here to gatecrash!! if that's all ok by everybody. so there biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
wow didnt expect all that attention from my lil post lol.i dont know what to say and i cant be bothered to type much.when is the next meet where everyone is going?

916 posts

Posted:
UCOF: aww..... but its no fun without the blood! :P

jo: yes, we still say mosh pit wink lol

cinders: since when has gate crashing been followed by asking permission? ubblol

adz: as i have said, this weekend, and it seems like me, cinders (possibly) frankie, and if NOn and pitman get online before then i'm sure they'll tag along aswell biggrin *crosses fingers*

1,643 posts

Posted:
*is online*

Pitman's at firegathering this weekend, and depending on the when's and where's i might be able to come for a bit, but not guaranteed as it is big birthday weekend in my house (2 of my housemates birthdays) and thus i will be mostly drunk, hungover, or tidying up... so what exactly is the plan?

... and can we please not talk about piercings in my thread in such detail, it's oh so offtopic... but mainly because i'm quite squeamish about them, i don't like needles and the idea of any bit of metal being ripped out of skin, almost makes me want to vom... thankyou muchly please, bye bye now biggrin

916 posts

Posted:
lol NOn okay then, no more piercing talks biggrin meet at pontcanna fields about 12pm ish, as usual lol

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
my dad has the back of his neck done. its natural he had two big pours there and he just oushed a ring through them (strange i know)

simon in Cariff is quite good. his tats aint that good though (my left arm will never been the same again lol

unclassified - getting anything done at a festial is not a good idea i have had loads of piercing done and at the best of times they can get infected so thing of all the mud and grime. uggggggggg!!!!!!!

everyone else - hello!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
pitman enjoy fire gathering and finland when you are going lol not please with you tat are you?, didnt see you as one for being squeamish non,learn something new everyday,i might be in cardiff a week wednesday as a band i like are playing in barfly,anyone know where barfly is and direct me there please?
hello to everyone else.

916 posts

Posted:
adz: i'll pop to the gig, never heard them before, but anyways, how are you getting here coz i'll meet you and show you biggrin oh, and is anybody going to see malefice on mon 28th?? i want someone to go with!!

Page: ......