Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
YAY! LAND OF MIKE!!! lol true fairy, you should need no persuading, it should be an automatic yes! lol

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Unclassified: Im in St mellons. where are you?
I think were planning on going to pontcana park not roath, is that close confused

Aberavon avon is up by Port Talbot. I only know that coz i just looked at multi map!

it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

1,643 posts

Posted:
Hey all.

Aberavon is indeed by Port Talbot, and thus it is possible to get a train there, we have done it before. And even though we got a lift from the station before with sage, i have reason to believe the beach is within walking distance. So yes Giz, i think we should indeed have a meet down aberavon in the sunnyshine!

Ok so we can meet in Pontcanna, I was just saying that in Roath Park i quite often happen along some fantabulously clever juggly poi types who aren't on HoP, and thus if anyone wants to go there on a sunny day, they may also meet them... and me probably too, since it's closer for me, and my garden's not really big enough for practise...

So THIS weekend is the 20th and 21st of April, and i propose that meeting on Saturday would be a good thing, in Pontcanna fields in the afternoon. so who's in?

As for the other exciting summery things>>

buggleberry, there will be hundreds of lovely people at Play, it's about the loveliest festival ever, so you should come anyway, and i think butterfly and 3 beat/2 beat is going to be the best place to start for your guides, if they manage to crack that, you could move on to doing behind the head butterflys giant butterflys and other butterfly variations... if they crack that... windmills... Having a look at the order of the HoP lessons might help you plan it...

Pitman, how are you getting to Firegathering? Driving? If i go, i can get the train although would prefer to avoid getting train through London if poss, as it makes it 3x more expensive... and will def be seeking a lift from the train station smile

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Im in!!! From what time??

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i wont be coming to cardiff this time,its a fair way to travel for me,why will no one come closer to me for a change,i know i go on lol but just once in a while would be cool,

to many freaks to little circuses!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
this meet is in Cardiff next is in....

is abber ok with you and jade. i dont think hats to far but i havent really got a clue.

non- we could possibly make a run to the station to pick you up but i am sure we cant give you a lift all the way sorry. ryans car is a bit weird and has no room in the back plus his speakers plus tents food and toys.

giz - [censored] hell its been a long time mate. you need to come to cardiff this weekend.

all - someone bring parafin with them i am hardcore broke and want to spin the new ropes i got from adz which area amazing by the way. everyone should by some.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

916 posts

Posted:
frankieB: i'm in llanrumney, so majorly not far away from you!

non: rightio then, train to abber it is biggrin looking for a train buddy now then... lol yep yep yep, i shall be coming this weekend on saturday about 1pm :S

also, no one mentioned to me that cardiff games sold fire poi.... they're getting all their stock in about 2 weeks, which is fire poi, glow poi, possibly sock poi, juggling balls, diabolo and loads of other stuff biggrin

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
ULG: happy to teach you the weave if I ever manage to be free to meet up! It sucks because I'm free during the week when you're all working lol.

the king of the land of mike: im leaning over the 50% mark for coming to play. by the way do you have to pay for it in advance and stuff. doesn't really mention it on the website.

NOn: thank you for the useful info. I doubt they'll be that good to get too far, but ye butterflies are prob the easiest to develop with them.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

916 posts

Posted:
buggle: i aint working in the week...... so it may not be a big meet, but i'm sure we could arrange something with a few others on a weekday if you like? i also noticed that i can't get many payment details off the play website, i think you can pay on the door, although its prob a bit more expensive. i've kinda learnt loads of butterfly stuff now (and a few other lil things) so i'm looking for different things to learn now.

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Hello! Well unclassified, your only round the corner or 2!! If you ever fancy spin PM me. My garden is big enough for a couple of spinners if you ever fancy it or if your stuck for somewhere to practice! Id offer to show you some moves but ive only been at this for about 5 weeks so maybe you could show me?? So your coming on Sat then? you need a ride there ?

1,643 posts

Posted:
Adz> yeah of course we can, but you've seen how hard it is to get cymru people together for a meet, i'm happy to go anywhere for a meet as long as i have advance notice of where, when and whether other people are actually going to turn up! smile These days i seem to have to plan my weekends as well as the rest of my week...

stacey> I have listed Cardiff Games in the very first post and mentioned a fair few times throughout the thread... the guy in there told me he spins too in fact. But i bought monkey fists from there and they broke pretty quickly, so might be good to ask him who made the stock if you're buying fire stuff.

PLAY> you can buy tickets in advance, but they are not on sale yet as far as i am aware, check the Play thread for details and updates on that one. It's best not to risk buying on the door, as there are only 500 tickets available and it pretty much sold out last year...

Saturday> 1pm, Pontcanna

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
whats cardiff games?last time i came to cardiff it was only me and pitman lol, no 1 else showed,saturday 12pm swansea sounds great lmao.

when is play?who is going?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
adz - i may come to play got to look at cash first

non - spoke to ryan and he said that he can do a run for you at the station and a few others if they need it but he wont be able to take you their like i thought.

saturday - right 1pm poncana, next to the parkys house, all toys welcome and ryan may actualy turn up on time to this one. and is anyone bringing parafin????????? confused

firegathering - whos going confused confused confused confused

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: any_suggestions

whats cardiff games?last time i came to cardiff it was only me and pitman lol, no 1 else showed,saturday 12pm swansea sounds great lmao.

when is play?who is going?

Cardiff Games is a shop... that sells games and juggling stuff...

and yeah, i know, i said i would come down later but pitman said you'd both left already...

play is from 25th to 29th of July, it's on a farm in Shropshire, and every HoPper in the UK is going (practically.) Tickets will be £35, there will be a Play bus running from the station and there will most likely be a wiki site again for people needing a lift or offering one, as well as providing all sorts of exciting information about workshops etc. And the Play thread, website and newsletters will variously contain every bit of further information you could possibly want. Type Play in the search and you'd probably also get loads of photos of exciting things happening at Play... and i repeat EVERYONE IS GOING TO PLAY... biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i wont be able to come on saturday, my wounderful parents have invited themselfs down for a meal. that i have to cook. take away it is then. i will deff come to the next one as it is basicly in my back yard.
EDITED_BY: pitman (1176891525)

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
PLAY is like wow last year it was 5 days of sunshine this year is even bigger then last year 2 stages, Amatuer performer of the year award, a huge renagade, me hopefuly doing all the devilstick workshops and loads more cool things get urself to play

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

916 posts

Posted:
frankie: good that you have a big enough garden, since then if only you n me are available we can use your garden instead of trekking into town biggrin i've been spinning a bit longer than that, about mmm.... properly its been about 4 months, but i'll be happy to show you anything you dont already know biggrin yes, i am coming on saturday, i was going to get a bus into town since i need to grab a few things first, i'm going to be there about an hour or so before anyone else, so if you gave me a lift you'd just be watching me shop! lol unless you shop aswell??

non: may i mention that i only came into this thread at about page 40, you think i'm going to read all the other pages?! i think not! lol thanks for the heads up bout the monkey fists, i'll defo ask him biggrin i would really be quite angry if i went to play hoping to buy on the door and ended up being sold out!!

pitman: grr..... is ryan still coming or not then? have fun with the parents and the take away! lol

mike: whats a renagade??

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
renagade is a basicly like open mic but you can do anything u like on stage.

916 posts

Posted:
ooooh sounds like fun... biggrin and if you do a devil sticks workshop then i may possibly join in, since i've been told its impossibly difficult lol

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Unclassified: I think I'll give the shopping a miss this time. Im going round my friends on friday night, Im sure its going to get messy, so shopping or town will be the last thing I wanna do!! but thanks for the offer.... biggrin.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol who told u devilsticks where that hard i mean i havnt been doin them for 4 yeears and ent that good

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
d.sticks are quite hard, i can flick them about a bit but cant really do that much with them.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i aint even goin to try devil sticks,2nd pair of ropes almost complete,hows things everyone?anything good happing with anyone lol?download line up is getting better every week now,oh yes!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
everyone you musy by these ropes from adz. there are sick!

916 posts

Posted:
frankie: fair enough then biggrin maybe next time wink but do you want to meet me at the train station so i have someone to go to pontcanna with??

mike: everyone i've asked has said that d. sticks are hard, dont try and fool me! lol although saying that, i havent tried yet...

adz: since pitman is pushing these ropes they must be good, how much u asking roughly? things are pretty good thanks, and with you? nothing good happening with me, getting the dreaded exam timetable tomorrow, exams on my birthday = not happy bunny! i cant believe the line up now! censored amazing or what?! and bloodstock aswell, loving to see lacuna coil again biggrin i'm just waiting on the timetable now to see if i can come to download, praying i've got no exams for the couple of days before and after download biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
unlassified: gutted about the timetable.

everyone: i am well gutted about not being able to come on sat but we need a meet asap after that.

916 posts

Posted:
well, i'm free any weekend, so throw in some dates and i'll come biggrin best to make the most out of the lovely weather while it lasts

1,643 posts

Posted:
Frankie & Stacey > seeing as it looks to be just us three on saturday, how would you feel about moving meet location to Bute Park (the ickle concreted patch for ease of finding each other)? As i will probably also be going into town on saturday, and it's a lot closer than pontcanna. Having said that, i may also be late as am possibly getting my new camera delivered on Sat morning, and it says it could be anytime up until 1pm on the delivery info... Frankie, I'll PM you my mobile number too in case you need it to find us smile

916 posts

Posted:
sure, i dont mind that at all, the concrete thingy it is then biggrin

and can i ask, are there any festivals or events happening the last weekend of june, or the 2 weekends after that??

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
right stacey the ropes are 40 squids.well worth it tho ask pitman lol,line up is getting better for download i must say cant wait to go now,blood stock what is that?things are great thanks,nout much happning this end either,im up for a meet any weekend as long as its closer to me.

Page: ......