Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
well if you ask nicely, we might let you back in the country... biggrin but you'll have to be a good boy at border control and not bring any alien fruit, veg or animals

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
 Written by: skwair

Written by: buggleberry_fairy

hello adz - im gud thanx altho life sucks when college is finishin in 4 weeks and iv got waaaaaaay to much work to do...

how is everybody?

p.s. my real name is nat...just to make me sound slightly more sane! hehe ubbloco

i know the feeling, except i finish uni on friday, and have waaaay too much work to do eek which is why i cant wait to go and get drunk on the beach, woo! (and possibly watch people doing poi!)

yeah me to uni finished yesterday for me but i still got essays to hand in next week. what uni do u go to im in uwic studying community education (zzzzzzzzzz) boring i know biggrin

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
how long has every1 been spinning poi?im doin a sort of performance the weekend after download woooohooo!how is every one today?

to many freaks to little circuses!

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I've been doin poi for bout a month or two...the painful stages where everything tangles up and hits you in the face/leg/arms/eye/head etc.

Hello miss kiki babe - im in abergavenny - and finally found someone close by!! woohoo - bet ur better than me tho, so i wont be able to teach ya anythin - wud b cool to meet up or something maybe! You can teach me a thing or two!

i dont do clubbin coz im only 17, but chilling out is my speciality!

tell me a bit about urself...

ooo maybe we can start a cwmbran-abergavenny group...hmmm may need to get more people lol...but its a start

p.s. YAY NOn lol

p.p.s any way all or most cymru people could get together like once a month or something??? - mini community! - because i cant get up to cardiff on tuesday and thursday evenings - it would be cool - like a mini party...i'll bring choc..and nutella and marmite

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
i tried doing poi last summer but failed miserably, so am just sticking to watching at the moment. might try again this summer though.

1,643 posts

Posted:
There was talk way back down this thread of regular sunday meets for wales lots, perhaps alternating between the locations of swansea and cardiff every 2 weeks or so (i'm a bit flakey so weekly is a litle too much), if people are interested we could resurrect this idea and get some sort of rotation going on between cardiff, swansea and newport. I think we need more people though to make that worthwhile, otherwise it's a potentially long trip for no reason if nobody turns up, however it would be nice to have a regular meet that anybody could come along to. trouble is it's a bit difficult because we are actually covering quite a big area... so don't know how well it'd work....

plus at the moment, the potential swansea meet has 3 people, one of whom is mainly watching, anybody else??!

172 posts

Posted:
that would be awesome - i would be happy to go on an hours journey once or twice a month to congregate and have loads of fun...anybody else interested?

also - where would it be held?

1,643 posts

Posted:
location... is the problem we've had in the past, in Cardiff we usually go to the park behind the castle so it's nice and central... but never had a meet in swansea or newport... problem with outdoor meets is the weather though, especially when it's like this, so somewhere sheltered or near a pub/cafe is good.... as long as it's easy for everyone to find wherever they are coming from, and has a dry option, it's good, but that can become a more detailed discussion as and when people are up for it...

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
only 3 are up for a meet in swansea?its a shame there are some nice places to spin,but id be happy to travel to cardiff once a month not that i know any where in cardiff lol. my new set of led wands have arrived,some one please leave a comment on my pics and tell me what some of the things are.come to swansea all.

1,643 posts

Posted:
The point of the monthly thing is that it doesn't always have to be in cardiff... but there is so far only seems to be three for this weekend in June, trouble is a lot of the people who have visited this thread have vanished again, which is why i think something more regular would be good so that it doesn't rely on people checking HoP.....

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've been absent without leave, sorry Non biggrin

I think it would be good to have regular meets and it would be nice if we could make it regular to get as many people coming as possible. So far we have been very flakey about setting dates and times. There may only be 3 people so far agreeing to turn up, but it could build from there. 3 is better than none ubblol

What we need is a place that has options... dry and wet ones (as Non already pointed out). It's also no good arranging to meet on a weekend that has a big festival on at the same time. If we can get it started and build up numbers we could then occassionally arrange whole weekend meets attracting a few non welsh people over the boarder to play. I can house and feed a fair few, for a couple of nights, if needs be.

So what date are we talking about for starting?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

172 posts

Posted:
I'd be happy to come along once a month...so that makes it 4...i work on sats tho, and got something on on sundays for a while...but i can work around it

hmm places to spin...need to have a look around...

should we organise something for end of june, begin of july - plenty of time to publicise (lol) and find somewhere to go...hopefully...any ideas? - what about the park behind the castle as the first place?...anywhere to run from the rain?
EDITED_BY: buggleberry_fairy (1148586042)

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i like that idea of getting as many as possible for whole weekend meets.who are the three or four up for the meet?is any one going to send a video in for col 06?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm up for meeting as long as it doesn't clash with anything else and aslong as health is willing.

As for entering the Col 2006... I'm not a good enough spinner for people to want to be watching.

1,643 posts

Posted:
i agree. with all of it, my head hurts, so that is an expansive as i shall get.

but i think 3rd/4th june is too soon, and i'd quite like to spend that weekend sleeping... is there another June weekends after Play?

172 posts

Posted:
no more june weekends, and im busy 1st weekend of july

what about sunday july 9th - i am totally free...what bout everyone else?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'll be at the EJC in Ireland on the 9th July... hopefully.

What's wrong with the 17th/18th june weekend?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
count me in. i meet up with everyone last summer when dunc came down (at coopers) and that was really good so well up for meets in cardiff and dont mind traviling else where
EDITED_BY: pitman (1148725898)

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
awsome more people are interested again.well i can meet any time i think,is any one going to download on the 9th of june?could some 1 leave just 1 comment on 1 of my pics please.how much are the tickets for the ejc?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
the only time i cant do is 23rd - 27th june as im taking my girlfriend to barcelona for her birthday

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
sorry matty, i meant i'm sorry i didnt get to meet u again before u left. I've still not been to the hawaian! I have spun a few times at Howard Gardens(the art school) which was nice.

everyone keeping well i hope!!

I'm going back to devon for 4 months next friday! gutted

xxx

All that is solid melts into air

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

What's wrong with the 17th/18th june weekend?

don't know actually. what's wrong with that weekend anybody?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i can make that weekend so no problems from my direction,i got new pics!how is every one?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah no problem are we meeting in cardiff first?

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i'm living in wales and would be down for some meeting up.
i spin poi almost everyday, but i just started about a month ago.

172 posts

Posted:
im busy 17th - workin and 18th busy 2-5 - which basically rules that out - will def try and make the next meet if there is one tho frown

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so where u from then sagetree

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

yeah no problem are we meeting in cardiff first?

cardiff or swansea? please re-state your preference. if it's cardiff then maybe some folk from juggling club will also come, but i don't mind really so long as i don't have to get up too early smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i would prefure cardiff as i going on holiday the weekend after and need all the cash i can get but if worst comes to worst i will travel as its only fair on everyone else

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I prefer Swansea because it's closer to me but I'm not all that bothered one way or the other.... oh yes I am. I was forgetting how strapped for cash I am until I hopefully sell all these Hoops at Play.

Page: ......