Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
cool thanks for info, it has been processed and posted. keep it coming, anything else you find out... i need more details about swansea circus (temporary memory lapse on name...) but i have feeling it's already posted somewhere in this thread so i'll find it later and update that bit.

Gizmo> can you confirm, is it £2 for your workshops?

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
£2 quid for a hours workshop yeh,, but im in the middle of sorting out a more advanced workshop for those interested..ill update here when i know more wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
and in Llanelli is adz mate cant remember his name he does staff ummm.... rick mabey?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hey all,what about ricky lol???still on for the 12th in aber?what time are we all meeting there?does any 1 fancy waiting in the trainstation for me and jade please?

to many freaks to little circuses!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh dude,,we`ll meet up at the train station if yer like,, might have a lift like last time guys smile.. pm me ya number adz wink

1,643 posts

Posted:
darn it, stop posting so much people, i can't unearth the information i'm looking for, can someone give me clear, concise and more accurate details about circus eruption from the top o' their head so i can put it in the first post. Also i notcied whilst half-arsedly scrolling through all the posts, how many welshie HoPpers never came back after their first hello, otherwise we'd have entire mini circus groups in every corner by now frown

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
the people we are listing are just people who come to the meets, circus eruption meets in swansea lol thats all i know im wait for an email from them.

mike + adz yeah thats cool we will all meet in the train station. non are you coming up with us.

everyone else i got a pln to let me smoke in front of my girlfriend. ahe asked me if i had been smoking at the meets and i said just greens, which i havent i know but it works, at the meet if i give someone a load of rolies spark them up and give em to me as greens lol stupid i know but its the only way i can smoke but no 1 give me real greens at any cost thanks a lot for this point less excersise.ubblol

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah i know, but the first thread is for everybody and anybody who might want to spin poi in wales, somebody in swansea might want to join circus eruption... the HoP names are on there in case they want to contact someone who lives nearby to talk poi, or whatever, the juggling shops are for well purchasing juggling equipment nearby. It's not just for us but for anybody who comes across the thread but doesnae want to join the forum or something... hence the reason why i would like circus eruption times and place even though i don't live in swanseeeea smile

as for nxt weekend, i will most probably come up with you lot, what sort of time are you thinking of going? i have some things i need to do in town first...

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
got a couple of vids on my myspace of me on swansea beach playing with fire

CLICK!!!!

in the video section bit

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
well its ryans b-day so i think that were not staying over so if thats the case we will be going there about10 and leaveing on the last train. but i got to talk to ryan first plus we are gunna be very pissed or hangover coz we are going out to metros for his b-day party kinda thing. but i will let you know asap.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
aww pitman and ryan can't party 2 nights in a row so they are leaving on the last train so that they can get to bed before their bedtimes. ubblol

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lol... dudes,, i gots a plan ,,,,

we`ll meet up (train station or whatever) , then go to the beach spin it up with socks till sun down,, then break out the fire,, get vids sorted pics etc,,then if you all want,,around half 2-3ish or sooner or later,,we can go to gumsos and chill in his house,, theres space out side where we can spin,,and its easier to relax than on a beach i thought, food all sorts then init,,,anyhow, how does this sound guys?...:)

1,643 posts

Posted:
that sounds good gizmo, do you think it possible to also crash on his floor/sofa/bathroom floor? as i really can't be arsed to haul my tent out for one night.... What time is good to be there though? are we all meeting at train station at the same time?

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh thats what i meant ,,gums sed its ok for ya all to sleep there lk,, i dunno,,meet here at 3pm ??.. is that good people?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
non me and ryan will be getting the train about 11ish and i will try and convince him to stay over and every one i am curently the higest bidder on a new unicycle cross your fingers and toes

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
ooo,, consider em crossed mate :P.. what time you think you`ll be here pitman?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
um about 12-12:30 ish i think

i got a unicycle
EDITED_BY: pitman (1155233571)

1,643 posts

Posted:
you got a unicycle?!?!?!?!? bring it bring it bring it bring it....

i can't believe you guys complain about potential hangoverness and then say you will get a train at 11 in the morning... crazy. it's a bit early for me though as i have to do some stuff in town saturday morning, was thinking of leaving after lunch... in which case i guess i'll meet you there... train only takes a half hour though you may be earlier than you think... and just to clarify:

train station> port talbot parkway? head towards beach? is there phone signal at the beach? i.e. can i phone someone when i get nearby?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah you got my number non ring me but dont forget if you want a response you must first talk dirty.
lol but on a serious note ring me and we will meet you. im not sure if it will be here in time i have paid for 24hour delivery so it my be here before 10:30 sat if thats the case yeah i will bring it.

any ways im gunna watch a show about fat people c ya

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
alright peeps,so what time is every one meeting and where are we meeting?my cathedral wicks aint come yet frown wooo 19 yesterday i was lol.see yall tomorrow.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i'll be at the workshop space around 1.
if anyone needs a lift from the train station after or around then pm me for my number.

mike, jamie - your mini monkeyfist handles are both completed and you will be like omg those are nice

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lol..cant wait mate,, biggrin

we`ll be at the workshop space too at 1 dude,,same goes when ya arrive at the train station give us a ring,,we`ll arrange pickup if sage aint there yet :P lol

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
lol well you got my number so fone me or something because i dont have either of you 2s number,ill try and be at the station around 1 or something then.adios amigos

1,643 posts

Posted:
yooo... great day at aberavon yesterday, thankee muchly to the local hosts, Gizmo, Kim and Gums! Photos to follow shortly...

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh good day guys,, i had a laugh biggrin.. the wind was a bit of a bummer but it wasnt too bad eh,, sorry me and kim had to go last night tho, no sitter for keion frown ..

anyhoo,,cant wait to see the pics and vids biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
got some really cool pics biggrin 161 in fact... adz, perhaps a few too many fire snake pics to email huh? So i'll post them up on my webspace in the next couple of days and send a link smile

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
sorted,, hey those firesnakes of yours, adz, are absolutly awsome,,many thanks for letting me swing em wink

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah wicked day, the wind was a bit much but it was sill good. nice one non cant wait to see tbe pics

1,643 posts

Posted:
online now

stuffed into a not very attractive looking automated photoshop gallery but when i get round to doing my website i promise to do something more interesting with them. The selection has been severely edited but i only took out blurred, multiples and miscellaneous beach scenes so you're not missing much if it's not here. smile

There may be some video footage to follow, but i haven't looked at that yet, and i don't think there's enough for a full vid, maybe i'll save it as stock footage for a superfantastic walespoi super compilation video one day biggrin

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
great photos non! eek

we had a really good time
pictures and video to come shortly.

and my favorite non picture goes to *drumroll* Adz and his amazing fire snakes.

Non-Https Image Link

Page: ......