Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
What time is people thinking bout meeting up cuz i need to book tickets and what time will we be going home... I might need someone to meet me at the train station if thats ok i have no idea where i am going in cardiff...

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
ill meet you no worrys. about 12ish or are people thinking later. and are you staying over night or are we just doing the sat?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Cheers pitman...Well i have no where to stay so i will prob be going back on sat.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
ill be up just for the sat as well i think,unless we find some where to kip,cool man,they are nice ropes,i might be a bit later than 12 as me n jade will catch a train if she is coming,girls getting ready,takes a while lol!

to many freaks to little circuses!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
cool. ryan will be coming over about 4ish i think. mike and adz can any of you juggling 4 balls i really cant get my head around it. all help would be good. thanks

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i can tell u how to do it and i will practise in a attempt i will physicaly be able to do it but at the very least i can tell u the theroy inculding the cheat;)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
lol. nice one. looks like its just the sat. thats cool coz i have to work sunday any ways.

mike was it your kid who was at the priory? or someone elses? confusing.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
me with a kid i am 17 lol...that was simions whos tent i was crashing in who goes to the local juggling club who i havnt seen since lol.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
you snor that bad then? lol and your only 17 i would swear you were soooooooo much older

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
right people i need advice,me n jade want to go austrailia for a couple of months n just slum it in a hostel or something and work a little to get by,because we have both had enough of south wales lol,how do we go about sorting it all out?any advice helpfull?thanks!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
ummmmmmmmm........ not quite sure. thats a big task. first try and price up cheep hostels and flights and find out if you need visas or not. after you got a rough guess of how much it will cost try and make a contact over there mabey from hop or something so they can help you hook up a job.

never done it but i guess thats what you would need to do along with a million other things.

why down under?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Jon has just come back from Australia. He was out there for 2 months. When he isn't busy fixing up a website for me I'll ask him to post you up a few tips and pointers about how to go about organising a trip.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
umm...erm..umm ubbidea
You will both need working visas (thats a visa that lets you work, not a functioning visa). and a passport. and money. and lots of suncream.

That is all I can remember...

And watch out for the dropbears.
devil / ubbangel

Its also huge, as can be clearly seen here:

Non-Https Image Link

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
thanks skully and others,i have looked up roughly and know i need a working visa and that i cant work with any one employer out there for more than three months and that sorta stuff.what website you making skully?pitman down under because its so so very different from south wales.those ropes are sorted pitman i had the links today,they spin very nice,any one heard from sage?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
nope, havent heard anything for ages.

so is everyone still coming down on sat. what time does everyone want to meet and mike can u pm me your number.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well ill be there around 1ish i hope,depending on the weather,if its crap then there is no point as none of us know of any under cover spinning spots!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
i'm still coming (well obviously, since it was me that asked for help! lol) and i'll be there about 12, so just tell me where to go and i'll be there biggrin

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well i am getting my train ticket to morrow and i shall know the time i am coming then. Pitman i dont actualy have a mobile number at the moment which sucks i know i shall post whats going on here before i leave.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
cool. if people want to meet at the station at 12 that would b e cool as long as its not raining. if its rains in the morning i think we should call it off. whos bringing para? i got none and no cash.

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah i'll come down for a bit... bute park is it? i reckon the wee concrete patch would be a good place, cos it will probably be muddy even if it's not raining... and i will amble along whenever i am required... pitman, have you informed rossco and co? maybe they will come down too. smile

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
What time would we be leaving because i have to book a return ticket.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
sounds good pitman mate,if there is rain its off yes?anyone got some nice new tricks for me to try?

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
aparently the bbc weather says its going to be rainy showers on saturday in cardiff are we still on or should i not book a ticket and come next month?

Edit: If i havnt got a answer by 3:15 i wont book the ticket as thats when i have to go and book it and wont have internet acess till tomorrow.
EDITED_BY: MikefromGlos (1172662287)

916 posts

Posted:
rightio, if its NOT raining then i shall be at the station at 12, and good idea non, concrete bit would be good place.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
as i dont want to waste money on a train ticket that i am not going to need as its probebly going to rain i cannot promise i will be there but if it does not rain and everything is favourable i shall be there at 12 if i am not do not worry bout me.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
there will be lots of people near that part on a saturday. if we go to poncana there is no one there and we can leave our stuff on the side. is any one bringing a video camara with them?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
if i owned a camera then i would lol i can almost do behind the back butterfly weave thingy,how is everyone?im well tired and achy after work,i got a new mobile number btw

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... well my only thought was that even if it's not raining pontcanna will prob be a mudpool, and there's only the grass to sit&put stuff on really. I don't reckon bute park would be that busy at this time of year, but whatever, i might not come down the train station, so will text someone to find out where you are. smile

how much rain needs to fall before you all decide to stay at home? confused after all one man's drizzle is another man's monsoon... if there were such a saying...

916 posts

Posted:
i dont even know where pontcanna is, or how to get there :s

i will most probably be there, unless its like, really heavy rain and high winds, you know, unbearable kinda weather, i dont mind a bit of rain really.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
meet us at the train station at 12. i will be there if its spitting in the morning. any more than that i wont be coming. but i will post on here about 10ish if i will be coming or not.

Page: ......