Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
wow lush pics non. lookin forward to meetin ya'll in sept - woo!

r we doin a sept ordinary meet b4 then?

nat

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
more pictures

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
sweet pics dude,, man dillan looks the shnizz with those staffs ! lol

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
Hey wave thanks! this will be a real big help!!!

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

1,643 posts

Posted:
hey hey, glad you like 'em. Yours are good too Sage, mmm... nice photo light smile
This is my favourite fire snake picture, even though they were burning out...

Non-Https Image Link

although the one of gizmo looking a bit like a phoenix i also like...

Non-Https Image Link

and this one's not your favourite sage?... everybody say aaahhhh smile

Non-Https Image Link

uh, but enough of that now, or there's no point in having them on a seperate website.

Pitman> how's your unicycle going? is it like this one?

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hey guys the meet was awsome nice seeing you all again,cheers to gums for letting us kip on his nice comfortable sofa and for getting us the lift sunday morning,the pics are awsome thanks v much non.some more to add to my gallery.that pic of me with out the fire tho i look like a right coont and a poser.shame you all went home but me and jade enjoyed alot,the pics of dylan and the lil staff are well cute,you lot will have to come more down this way next time there are some nice spots here. mike its no probs lmao you can spin them all you like same to all of you lot lol.

to many freaks to little circuses!

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
video posted [Old link]

nice spinning everyone, we're awsome biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: any_suggestions

that pic of me with out the fire tho i look like a right coont and a poser.

ubblol sorry mate, i thought it was funny, but that's because we've all met you and know that you're not a poser smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
cool video sage! love the way it seems to slow down on various bits, and Mike's stalls with those snakes look wicked on video! biggrin (oh, and thank f**k i'm not in it wink)

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
lol. awsome viddage dude,, muchos kudos on the editing and tune choice ... we`re getting a little collection on the go nowadays biggrin..

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
thanks non lol.ill be putting new pics in my gallery now have a look k n thats to all of yous.any 1 know where newport pagnell is?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
way hey seems like for ever since i have been on here.

non - yes its the same and the same company as well you took amazing pics.

sage - wicked pics and vid and yes D. does look so cute spinning. he will be better than us all before he can talk properly.

Mick - nice one amazing as always get in touch with that guy from Swansea soon and we can go spin with that drumming circle.

adz - safe say hello to jade for me and the snakes look amazing. i was looking at stilts and there out of my price range for now but we will tall fire spinners one day

and who is xXemogalXx - any ways hello to you.

and to everyone i have named my uni "Timmy" and i can ride 2-3 meters on it in my house my nan wont let me ride it out her garden untill i learn to ride it in the house which is fine by me as i would rather fall on carpet tan concret. but shes only thinking of her flowers ubblol

c ya

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
pitman whats the name of the website your setting up and the fire group with you ryan the devil sticks dude and me if the offer still stands lol? hello emogal btw

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
fire mulisha (cant spell it lol) the website aint up yet but it will be very soon just need to get to my dads house its on his pc.i need a load of pics of you spinning and the guy who does devils dtick is cyber dave (dont ask) but hes very unreliable at the moment so its only me u and ryan who are definelty commited.

whos the new job?

1,643 posts

Posted:
see my link for adz spinning. you're welcome to use any of them so long as i get photo credits smile I can also email some higher quality images if need be.

1,643 posts

Posted:
bounce i just bought a unicycle, i just bought a unicycle, i just bought a unicycle bounce bounce bounce biggrin biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
awsome just so i know the name for sure lol,its well good lol the day flies by and most the ppl are tidy.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yah non ryan just ordered 1 as well we have been playing on mine all day lol

1,643 posts

Posted:
we can have races! hoorah!

1,643 posts

Posted:
i got my unicycle i got my unicycle i got my unicycle todaaaaayy!! i also had to have a filling, so one made up for the other (guess which way round that is) I managed to ride about 2m... once... and then realised the garden is not going to be big enough to reach Level 1 on the unicycle progression thread, which means you have to cycle 15m... i think i might have to get my arse in gear attending juggling club for spaaaace...

sagey, can you steal me some pretty holographic label stuff from your work, because i want to make my unicycle purty and holographic? i only needs a little bit if you have some leftover from your staff... pwease? ubbangel like this

in other news, i just noticed pitman registered on my birthday... unless i've told you that before in which case i didn't just notice it and i forgot smile

anyone want to do another meet before Falmouth? perhaps in a park with a sort of waist height rail?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i dont think i can make it to falmouth coz i just got a new flat and that is costing me ££ and i mov in 4 days b 4 so i got to sort stuff out.

but on a good note ryan got unicycle and i have been pimping mine i got flame stickers for the fork and a bright yellow tire ect and shin pads coz the [censored] pedals hurt.

how is everyone any ways. and no u never tole me that b 4 non. the sprits wanted us to be conected in some twisted way.

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:
Morning ladies n gents!

i got given my first ever poi for my birthday... today!

am having much fun hitting myself in the head, but wanted to see if there was anywhere where i can watch people do it better than i (not hard), and possibly give me a few pointers so i can, well, not hit myself quite so much.

I live in Cardiff in (whispers) *term time* as am a scabby student there, but have never heard of anything juggling related in the area, maybe just haven't looked.

This seemed like the best place to ask

thankyous!!!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Take a look at the first post in this thread Cinderella.

welcome To HoP hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

cinderella456newbie
22 posts

Posted:

thank you skulduggery!

are they all still going? and, which is the easiest to join in with? as a complete beginner, which will be most friendly?

cheers for your help

1,643 posts

Posted:
Greetings Cinders! welcome

Everything in the first post is indeed current, nofitstate's juggling club is lovely, plenty of space to just do your own thing, and always a few poi people there to help out. I haven't been for ages because i've been busy, and i'm not sure if there are any HoP regulars going there too often, but if you want to go along and you want some company or directions, let me know and i'll see if i can come smile Lots of other exciting things to do aswell as poi!

On top of that we have been having a few off the cuff S.Wales HoP meets all over the place lately, see photos of the recent aberavon trip at www.stuffandnonsense.me.uk/aberavon/index.htm and this is the place where we plan them, so pop in for a cuppa whenever you can smile

There's big-'uns coming up, like Falmouth, Bristol Juggling Convention and Wales/England border meet, so this is the place to be for the up-to-date walesish poi news!! If you're not here yet (because i assume it's not quite term time) then let us know when you are, and if you want a nice easy way in to HoP life, please come to the [Old link] nr. Abergavenny (about 40mins from Cardiff).

Welcome to Hoppity Hop, stick around hug

Tumnusnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
helloooooo!
i have just joined HoP, and i was jus wondering if there was anyone on here from around the monmouth area? cool

1,643 posts

Posted:
helloooo! welcome to the lovely land of HoP, Tumnus...

have a look over the first post, it contains the current locations of active walesish HoP people. It depends where you are in monmouth, but we do have miss buggleberry fairy nr. abergavenny, and mr sagetree who lives near usk, and if you want to venture out of Wales eek there is also a thread for hereford and gloucestershire in this forum someplace smile

But i shall also draw your attention to the Wales/England border meet which is linked in the post above yours and will be happening at the end of september not very far from you smile

So where presactly are you? Hope to see you at a walesish meet soon biggrin

Tumnusnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
i'm from monmouth itself, but at the mo i'm workin in norfolk but i still go back to monmouth, so hopefully at some point i mite be able to get to a walesish meet biggrin

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i made some monkeyfist wicks with mini monkeyfist cores. their big and awsome smile

Non-Https Image Link

next on the list is triple headed mini monkeyfist wicks
(adz are you coming to WEBM, ill probably have your handles done by then)

Tumnus i live close by in usk, pm me if you want to meet up for a burn or a spin smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sage mate i need a quote and to put in an order (regrdless of price) for tripple headed monkey fists lol so basicly 6 fire monky fists please but can u find a way to put a link and top and bottom please. hows things everyone? hello to all the new people. so gutted i can got to falmouth but will be going to webm deff.

Page: ......