Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
awsome stuff stacey thanks lol me and jade will be coming up by train.exit ten are just class saaw them in dl last year.who are malefice? btw its monday the 21st not on wednesday.
EDITED_BY: any_suggestions (1179265909)

to many freaks to little circuses!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
okies, tell me what time to meet you both at the station and i'll be there biggrin malefice are just a really awesome band, quite metal-ish.

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
awsome well the gig is at half 7 so if you pm me your number ill give you a txt when we are nearly at cardiff station,that ok?

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

Yes tis I am still alive and still about little bit busy with things...Non read my little blurb on myspazz. Hope all are well smile

Poi Padawan

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
spacky. long time mate. hows the spinning coming on?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

916 posts

Posted:
adz: what happened to you?! was waiting for the text that didn't appear! despite not seeing you there (i prob did but didn't know it was you) i gotta thank you for mentioning it, it was a censored awesome night! i wasn't too fussed on whoever the second band ws, but exit 10 were amazing! i was like, right at the front, ryan screaming in my face, did you know some guy bit him to get at the mic?? he showed me afterwards, got some really bloody finger! lol

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well stacey i havent got your number lol,i asked you on here to pm me your number so i could txt you lol,we didnt end up coming coz of various things and im gutted now coz you said it was awsome lol but im glad you enjoyed it and we didnt waste your time.did they sound amazing?

916 posts

Posted:
hmm.... oh well, i did PM you it. bit pointless now. it got lost in the crowd monday night! lol yes they did sound amazing, even more than amazing. i'll post some of the pics i took sometime next week, when i can be bothered to upload them biggrin

916 posts

Posted:
okies, i got bothered to do them and have uploaded a few of the pics i took biggrin in total i took about 168, think i got carried away a bit! lol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
How many of you lovely Southerners are going to play?

My sister Cath, Jon, Beccie, Hannah, Dan and I are all going, but we only have 1 driver, so we are thinking of hiring a mini bus to go in, but it's only going to be cost effective if we have most of the seats filled.

I'm putting out feelers to see if anyone is interested in splitting the costs with us and coming on a magical mystery (well it is Cath driving ubblol ) bus ride to Play.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Skully!! hug

i'm def going, as is my housemate, and we are car-less so a minibus would indeed appeal if you get one. Which day would you be going up on though? I will be in Spain until 24th and not sure at this point when i am back in Cardiff! How much do you reckon it will cost per person?

There will probably be a fair number of folk going from Cardiff, as i'm pretty sure most if not all of Rossco's housemates & other assorted cardiff juggly people will be going as well as any HoPpers who want a lift. How many people (+ toys...!) does a minibus take?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
So far the best quote I've got for a minibus with 17 seats (but no luggage space) is £500... that's without the insurance excess option though so it might end up a bit more. The price it costs per person will depend on how many people are in the bus. If we do it we will need money up front from people. No money, no guaranteed seat. I think we will need to leave about 3 seats empty to get all the camping gear in. So if we have 14 people it will work out around £36 per head... depending on the insurance costs.

We will be travelling up on the Wed 25th and coming back on the Sunday 29th.

As I said before, we'll have to look into this a bit more if enough people show an interest in the next few days.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Would you like me to register my opinion here, or would you like me to learn across the sofa and tell you when I get back? tongue

I assume that the "Jon" is me? ubblol

Fire CensureBRONZE Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
I just got back to Wales and am looking for meets in the South Wales area. Is there anything regular yet or is it still sporadic? I'm in Rhondda and can get to Cardiff fairly easily so if you could tell me again where people will be, that would be great.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hello Fire Censure,

Welcome back to Wales!

Take a look at the list in the first post for regular weekly-ish events and we also have odd meets here and there. Just keep an eye on this thread for those.

916 posts

Posted:
skully: odd meets?? ubblol it'd be great if we did! last one was about 3 months ago now. we gonna all meet again before play then??

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
there hasnt been a meet in ages,download festival was awsome but no really goos spinners there,i was well dissapointed,why have we lost pitman,gizmo and who ever else has gone lol?LINKIN PARK WERE AMAZING I MEAN OUT OF THIS WORLD,take is easy guys!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
Pitmans here. just been busy. anyone in Cardiff fancy Afican drumming course. it starts on thu in Canton. £54 for 9 weeks. contact me for more details. (dont worry its not me running it lol)

so how is everyone. firegathering was not so good. some of the people were cool but others were so snobby. and on the last night there was a lot of naked people pressed up against glass.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Glass must have enjoyed that

biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
ah the wonderer ruturns,well one of them lol.im good man just very tired after 4 nights in a tent.how are you? gutted about fire gathering,you going to play?how have the ropes been treating you lol?naked people and glass not good lol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ok having looked at it and calculated numbers etc, we have decided against hiring a mini bus. Sorry Non.

We will be sending a couple of people on the train and the rest in the car. See you there smile

916 posts

Posted:
adz: grrr.... so while you were out @ download i was sat in a hall sitting my exams.... i'm pissed off! lol oh well, at least you enjoyed it. biggrin

916 posts

Posted:
its my birthday!! its my birthday!! i'm 16!!

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fire Censure

I just got back to Wales and am looking for meets in the South Wales area. Is there anything regular yet or is it still sporadic? I'm in Rhondda and can get to Cardiff fairly easily so if you could tell me again where people will be, that would be great.

Hellooo fire censure...

for a guide to geographical location, there be a few of us based in cardiff, so should you wish to get there it is very possible, watch this thread for details of meets, however Becci also lives in the Rhondda and thus is not very far away from you, however Becci has not appear online or on HoP for some time so could be rather difficult to pin down... I work in Aberdare in the Cynon valley which is not so far, but there's not a lot of spinning time available at work, but Ponty could be a convenient meet point for the two of us should you so wish... I think your best bet is to hop on a train and head down to cardiff of a day or something when the aforementioned "odd meets" occur... stick around and something will happen smile

No worries about the change of minibus plans skully, hopping on the train was the other option anyhoo... not that i have formulated anything quite like a plan yet, i just got tickets, i thought that was fairly advanced planning for me smile see you there!

In other news...

Happy Birthday ULG!!

Hello everyone else!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
happy birthday stacey.what you been up to today then?exams go good?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
As I understand if Non, Becci has moved to Cornwall. I think it was Jo that told me that when she was over here last.

Happy Birthday UCG. I hope you had lots of fun and cake. hug

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
happy birthday stacey..

Sorry bout not being around for a while been trying tosort out some sort of job type thing which gets money in to some bank thingy but i havnt forgotten u lot dw

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

916 posts

Posted:
thankyou peoples biggrin

adz: lots and lots of shopping, sorting out something to do on the weekend with my friends (settled on fountains, not much else to do :S) please dont ask about the exams! lol only 2 more left now biggrin

skully: lots of fun [check] lots of cake [double check] i get 2 cakes since my parents have spilt! lol biggrin woot!

mike: clap clap you havent forgotten us!!!! ubblol

stranger
8 posts

Posted:
A meet in in Bute Park? Is that Bute Park in Cardiff near the river? And did I read Saturday at 1pm or so? Count me in!! I don't have my own twirling stuff so will people let me use theirs? I do staff, double staff and occasionally devil sticks. A little bit of poi but I'm not that good. Let me know further details and help me get there because I'm not familiar with the concrete square thing.

stranger
8 posts

Posted:
Ok, I'm now officially confused. I keep reading old pages and getting my information mixed up. confused
By the way, some of the meet information at the very beginning of the thread is out of date, eg. Meeting at the Hawaiian on Tuesdays. It's confusing for newcomers such as myself. Is it possible to have a regular meet in a regular place that serves both wet and dry conditions where we won't annoy anybody? The group in Adelaide, Australia meets under a bridge in the city and there have been no problems with police and it's always dry there with lots of room. Is such a thing possible? ubbidea

Page: ......