Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
i will be in cardiff this weekend... could be up for a bit of a spin after about 3pm on saturday if folk are coming down... or sunday i suppose, is also possible. smile

fire censure> pontcanna is not far from cathays, and i live in cathays, so if you're around there i can show ya! Pontcanna is just a big field, but there be many places around, bute park, roath park... and there is also a juggling club (indoors) that happens on thursday in the centre of town, best thing to do is let us know when you're coming and where you will be, for sure i can find you a few spinners to play with anytime, anywhere smile

and stacey> i did recognise you, just slowly, wink your hair looked different, straightened mainly, longer?!? that's why... smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so yeah, poncanna feilds 12-1 ish, i will have a lot of circus stuff as well as my midi dirt bike. i havent taken it on a feild yet so i cant wait for that.

stacey and dave you coming?

giz - how did the test go? you coming down?

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
mike: laptop is censored atm, so getting it repaired, which is why i aint on msn, its taking a while to fix, not sure when i'm getting it back yet. people, this is what happens when you let your sister use your stuff... it gets broken! angry

adz: i shall be in cardiff (well duh, i live here rolleyes) seems like weekend at the yurt is what its gonna be then biggrin

NOn: yes, my hair was straightened, and down, which is probably why it looked longer, since i dont think you've seen it down. its also a red/purple colour now biggrin

pitman: same place as last time is it?? i'll be there bout half 12 then biggrin ubbidea don't suppose we can have fire this time?? yes, me is coming, need all the practise i can get! lol

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I wish i could coome i am in london though lol... Still waiting on those idoits from abbey farm on the yurt prices etc

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
i passed !! biggrin.. bring on the summer lol

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
congrats mate. u got a car yet? lol.

stacey - u will be meeting adz at the station i will meet you guys by sophier gardens as i have my bike with me.

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yeh got a car i can use ,,til i buy me own,, so whens this next meet?? and its at the place we met before?

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
lol all missed,it was yesterday and we were only there a couple of hours.how are ya giz?

to many freaks to little circuses!

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

so yeah, poncanna feilds 12-1 ish, i will have a lot of circus stuff as well as my midi dirt bike. i havent taken it on a feild yet so i cant wait for that.

stacey and dave you coming?

giz - how did the test go? you coming down?

Might do, am getting use to this no stress thing atm.

hehe, plus non owes me a bevvy she doesn't realise it yet.

Poi Padawan

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
i made a new video from some old footage of me lighting up my fire diabolo for the first time.

first light

ok its short and boring but at least it was taken in wales )))

sage

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley
Hello all you cardiff people. I didnt realise there were so many locals! Is anyone interested in meeting up for a spin? Ive been teaching myself for the last month, but seem to have got to a point where I could do with some help, I'm finding written instructions hard to grasp! and really want to move onto the next level. So please get in touch and show me some moves!!!! ubbrollsmile

it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
do try using text to learn. i will organise a meet ASAP. so peopel throw some dates in the air. poncana, no motor bike and no cops. nice day and a bbq

1,643 posts

Posted:
hi FrankieB! Welcome to here smile Come along to a meet! or if you can't wait for that and are on a random poi spinning jaunt in cardiff at any time, PM me and maybe i will come along and join you... smile Where you living? what do you do? and other such enquiries?

uh... so folks, been lots of nice weather lately, who's been spinning huh? I have, and have presently discovered that the last 3 times we went down Roath Park on a nice sunny day, we have stumbled across other juggling folk who we know from the juggling club at no fit state and on the odd occasion, even the elusive rossco bossco!... Therefore I think you should all start coming to Roath Park... it's much prettier than Pontcanna, plus juggly folk!

in other news, it's british juggling convention this weekend and i'm not going so i think some spinnyness this weekend could be a good thing... thus i shall at some undefined point be in Roath Park... I can however define a point if anyone should so wish and make it a 'meet'...

also, i was not aware that i owed dave a drink indeed, but i will be nice and buy him one anyway, that is, if he has been using his now stress-free time to practise poi and has cracked a 3 beat weave wink

oh yeah, and apparently no fit state are doing sunday skillshares now too, from 2 until 4. Although have not been and have no definate word on that... will add it to the first post later as and when confirmed...

twenty thirdly, i remembered that there are some awful nice beaches about, and maybe we should all go for a trip down barry island! ubblol or invade aberavon again sometime...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i will go to a beach but not barrt, that place is a dive. i think a trip to aber would be good as it is central to everyone (or near enough)

non- thats a very long post

everyone else talk more. anyone else going to firegathering now. looking for south walesy people to meet up with

and whats happning to the WEBM aka non's festival aka rainy-man festival.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Welsh english border meet few problems with the people from the campsite and now they wont email me back ethier so i will give them another week to pick up there phone or email or i shall try and find the next location lol sorry bout this folks but i am on the case might have another possible location in gloucester

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
HI Pitman,

Im am trying to learn from the tips on this site. Actually ive learnt all my moves from the DVD I got with the Poi, but now Ive learnt them all (I just need to polish up) Im a bit stuck and reading how to do the more complicated stuff is tricky....! So a spin in the park is in order!

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Hi NOn,

I am living in (east) cardiff so im available for a spin any time. I have a nice 9-5 job so my weekends and evening are free! poncana is good. So do you live in cardiff? your locations says ffidac? I think thats right? is that local? I dont know outside of cardiff very well as im not from cardiff, i just live here!

Im not a brilliant spinner (yet) and can only do the few basic moves, hense needing some guidance! PM me if you wanna set a date, Pitmans up for it to by the sounds! now we have some great weather we should make the most! cool

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i live in canton so i can meet most places, next weekend might be ok with me i will have to check my work on monday. you back in work now as i am free tomoz mid day for a few hours.

1,643 posts

Posted:
hello... yes it was a long post, i haven't used the internet for a few days, had to get it out of my system or something... smile

Frankie, ffidrac is cardiff backwards... mainly because i have to be awkward. I live in cathays and also work Mon-Fri, so weekends and evenings (although a bit later in them... after 6.30...) are cool with me too smile

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
God im bored!

where is everyone tonight??

Whats this i hear of the firegathering? Pitman tell me more??

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
https://www.firegathering.co.uk/ its gunna be amazing there are of us going from cardiff we are trying to make adz come, if non has nothing on she must come. its the festial run by firetoys.co.uk this is my first year and i have heard good things about last year it did cost £30 for a while thats when i got mine now they have gone up to £40 but thats a small price to put on happyness my friend. lol

i would make a good sales man.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hey hey hey.meet soon,swansea yes cool love it.how are we all?payment went through fine thanks pitman dude,tell the rest of these lovely people how great my ropes are please lol,i might come to fire gathering,depends on many things atm.ill deffo be coming to webm no doubt about it!

to many freaks to little circuses!

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Ha ha!! Very good NOn, biggrin i like your thinking!

How does next weeknd suit? You free saturday or sunday afternoon? (21st 22nd) weather permitting!! Piman you free??

1,643 posts

Posted:
Next weekend sounds good to me! Up for that for sure. Who else??

Pitman, fire gathering does indeed looks tres cool. Need to check finances first tho. How are you getting there??

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
ryan. me him and my misses are going. they have a suna and tai chi. plus dan the hat is doing a workshop i got the guys dvd hes amazing. its going to be good. and everyone must come.

FrankieBnewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Thats a plan then!
I've no particular plans sat or sunday afternoon, so name the time and place and ill be there biggrin biggrin biggrin

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
anyone up for aberavon again sometime guys? biggrin weather is good thesedays wink

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Aww I'm busy this weekend and next weekend lol. Still planning on trying to make the play festival though - pursuading my mate at the mo...

And of course the wales/england border meet if I can finally be free!

I need to spin. My poi have been in hibernation and desperately need to come out soon as I'm supposed to be teaching a few basic moves to the guides at the end of April...dun dun dun. What do you think is easy to teach? I can only think of butterfly and 3 beat weave (or 2 beat depending on their ability).

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
non: i wont be able to go to any meet at roath park, my dad lives near by and i really dont like seeing him, sorry frown

frankieB: where exactly are you in cardiff? e.g. not east wales! lol i'm going to be very available for a spin soon since study leave is coming up! woot woot!

pitman: dont have a clue where aberavon is, but can guarantee that i have no transportation since my mum hates driving me (something to do with loud music :s) may possibly come to fire gathering, depending on a few things, see what i can do though biggrin

mike: awww! i was looking forward to the yurt! lol

buggleberry: i'll pay you if you teach me weave!!! lol (but no, seriously......)

what is the date today? have i missed the 21st then? i dunno, if i havent then i'll be along to the meet, if i have then hope y'all had a good time wink

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Unclassified: still waiting on a email from them but hay just gotta hope.

Fairy: where is the persuation come join the land of mike at play

Page: ......