Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
same if i ent there by 12 means somthing has happened at this end and dont worry bout me

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well me and jade will catch the 12 train so will some one meet us at the station at 1 if its still on?

to many freaks to little circuses!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
i wont be online tomorrow, so wont know who posts what on if they are coming or not, so if i hear nothing by about 1pm today then i will take it that people are coming. i will definatly be at the entrance to the train station tomorrow at 12, no matter what the weather is like. i dont know what people look like, so hopefully pitman has checked out my pics on myspace and knows what I look like to approach me. but no matters, i will definatly be there at 12.

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
well guys it sunny in Cardiff so looks like a good day of spinning is about tio kick off.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly not a good day for me i had my wallet stolen last night by stolen i mean i found it empty on the floor outside with everything inculding my train ticket to cardiff in it and my id and its my 18th like on friday so i wont get served for my party plus i now have no cash card

Sorry guys

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
mike. the weather here has gone prity bad. so i would sugest you dont waste your cash just in case it doesnt happen.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
ok cheers man i apprcite u letting me know... how bout we organise somthing for next month?

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
i could attend next month prolly biggrin

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
prob be warmer next month as well

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Hello am new and just been to a full on Cymru poi session in the car park of Pontcanna

o/

Poi Padawan

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
aww poor mike. hope u have a good 18th tho.

yes if ur going for a day next month i shall try and be there.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
Put me down for another meet, oh and another maybe.

Might want to warn others of me as well however I'll be more prepared next time especially stock piling redbull and various other stimulant drinks.

My wrists ache I am such a poi n00b.

Poi Padawan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Ok well why dont we do the first weekend of next month is that cool with people? and then theres a months notice and hopefuly i wont get my wallet nicked next time and it will be warm and i will come no matter what lol.

buggleberry_fairy: Cheers i plan to the plan is a 3 day pub crawl if they serve me

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
'lo.

bad news about your wallet mike... next month next month, and i just realised your birthday must be the same day as mine... woot!!

I don't know what month it is next month, but i agree there should be another meet, bigger and better and with more fire...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
our birthdays are indeed on the same day non...I am sensing some kinda of huge party for next year lol... Next month is april what about trying to organise a weekend for next month?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
non of course there will be more fire. the only fire we did have came from lighting fags lol.

can we make the next meet for the 14th of April. coz I'm not free the weekend before.

its cool that we now know the parky. she was cool and she don't mind if we spin fire out side her house.

Dave and Stacey. nice meeting you guys and don't for get to practice. Stacey you must be able to juggle by the next meet and Dave you must be able to concentrate for more that 30 seconds next time.

everyone else. you to come. we got a nice little sound system. we know the bas and theres shelter if needs be. and its right near a main road so we can drive there if needs be,

laters

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Ok so its sorted for next month on the 14th

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pitman

non of course there will be more fire. the only fire we did have came from lighting fags lol.

can we make the next meet for the 14th of April. coz I'm not free the weekend before.

its cool that we now know the parky. she was cool and she don't mind if we spin fire out side her house.

Dave and Stacey. nice meeting you guys and don't for get to practice. Stacey you must be able to juggle by the next meet and Dave you must be able to concentrate for more that 30 seconds next time.

everyone else. you to come. we got a nice little sound system. we know the bas and theres shelter if needs be. and its right near a main road so we can drive there if needs be,

laters

ubbloco

My index fingers are both minced from poi-ing outside dam cord is like barbwire.

Yes I have been practicing I am now clocking 35 seconds.

Poi Padawan

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: MikefromGlos

Ok so its sorted for next month on the 14th

If people come from town its a pretty long walk if you don't know the way. I suggest a map be prepared next time.

If anyone wants to randomly meet up for some poi-ing send me a message and we will sort something am a local Cardiffian eager to learn smile
EDITED_BY: Spacky (1173037714)

Poi Padawan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I would be up for more if i lived closer to cardiff people come vist me lol

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
where did you three go on saturday then?sorry we couldnt make it,couple of things came up,was it a good day?how about a meet before next month lol,like in the next 2 weeks?

to many freaks to little circuses!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
This weekend is kinda bad for me cuz its my birthday and non's as well on friday

916 posts

Posted:
we went to pontcanna (sp?) on saturday adz, was great fun, shame no fire though frown oh well, always next time biggrin and twas more than 3 aswell... tongue

nice meeting you too pitman, you so weren't what i was expecting! lol i shall be able to juggle, since i'm not gonna spin for a few days since i've got blisters in between my fingers and my ass is killing from all the walking :s haha

yea, i can do 14th, for now anyways, its on a weekend right?

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
I'll be there for the 14th.

I've just purchased some socky poi as well to save my fingers from the blisters. I have 4 of the dam things now on my fingers and they sting to type frown

Poi Padawan

916 posts

Posted:
you BOUGHT sock poi?!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol i am proud to say i have made all of mine on my own although i am tempted to buy some off HoP because there led... New fire Poi first though

916 posts

Posted:
have made 2 pairs of sock poi so far, and have LED poi, and ribbon poi (even though i left them in England frown ) i want fire!!!

Spackynewbie
19 posts

Posted:
 Written by: xXemogalXx

you BOUGHT sock poi?!

Yes, I have money to burn.

I know mock me all you will but they are uv ones biggrin

Poi Padawan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
By fire not sock if anything

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
Stacey - your sock poi are way to heavy.

Dave - what ones did you buy. the only socks i have ever paid for are the white socks from here. there nice to use but a little to bouncy.

adz - when you guys came to Cardiff (with gums and gizmo and that) same field but the top end. we span in a car park ich was good as the field was boggy. Ryan and his misses cam down as well. plus little jess and her mum were spinning and juggling with us and not forgetting tom the dog.

next weekend I'm busy but the weekend after that i could probably meet for a few hours. i would recommend driving down as it will be better for you as its a bit of a walk from the station.

so next meet is the 17th at poncana fields at the car park. which shall further been known as cardiffs meet spot.

whats everyone up to. I'm in uni on my lunch. I'm falling a sleep. been a weird weekend. sat was good but yesterday my grampy was having epileptic fits all day. so had to sort that out.

Page: ......