Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Glad to see you arrived safely in slovenia, I hope you have an awesome time whilst you are out there . . .

fussymember
82 posts

Posted:
WOW! a thread for Welsh people! im welsh! im a Welsh person! i can go here, aww, i have a place! grouphug hug2

any one in Pembrokeshire?

feel free to carry on......

daz

stupidity is not a crime, you are free to go!!!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the Cymru thread . . . Hope you have a nice stay

Whereabouts in pembrokeshire are you from . . .

I am heading down to Newgale over the bank holiday for a surf trip ...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
So anyone left in Cardiff or is it just me confused confused

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
wave i'm just across the water nearly.....and i'm still here!

Gayle.....!

1,643 posts

Posted:
aww... Matt is on his lonesome?? not good, ye must seek and find new cardiff poiers then convert them to the cyber world of HoP... I propose you do this by poi-ing in the middle of queen street, followed by a stint in the hayes, where you can't fail to clobber somebody and draw their attention to the honorable art of poi. GO FORTH AND CONVERT!! biggrin biggrin

My poi crusade in Slovenija, has in fact required very little effort i am finding so far, nearly everyone in Art Center has at least hit themselves once, and i found a little poi community in Metelkova... but the flippin' dust is making me socks all dirty... umm

Anyhoo, where's Rossco, these days, has he now officially fled to Telford? how terribly rude! wink hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ross has been stolen by the evil Duncan. I think Duncan plans on cloning Ross to make his very own tribe of telford spinners. They will all have Uber long eyelashes and have an urge to Hug Duncan very close.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yes, last i saw of Rossco he taught me some contact staff moves (two infact) and then fled back to telford. I now have to force poi on unsuspecting people in the Hawian on Tuesdays which is where I have just been .. .. ..

There must be more people in the 'diff where are they

littlespacebugBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
i really should come down there one tuesday and meet all you guys, ive only been in there one to see a band but i thought it was more a restaraunt type place? ubbrollsmile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Well there really isn't that many of us, but it is some fun, infact this week there was only me and a juggler. d'oh

Though if you want some tips on spinning, heading down to the community centre behind the tut and shive on city road is a good bet. There are people of all abilitys there. . . Come down and say hi

1,643 posts

Posted:
ahhhh!! there you go!! there's a cardiff poi spinner!! *points and waves* littlespacebug, you have to help keep the cardiff spinny goodness alive!!

44 posts

Posted:
i will i will, i'll try and come down to the Hawaian next tuesday! ubbrollsmile

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

Come here:

[Old link]

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Spammer! ubblol hug I'll be there. You can slap me for not coming to your house warming.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
well it just highlights that there is something going on in the near vincity, hopefully enticing more unsuspecting people to come and play with us and have wraped memories installed in their minds for ever more! ubblol

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey Spacebug, didn't see you at the Hawian last night ? did you make it and I just didn't see you ? Or were you lame and not make it ?

Should be there next week too . . . though unsure how good the music will be . . . .

44 posts

Posted:
yeah i'm lame! sorry i missed it i got caught up doing stuff....
next week though redface

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yes Ross is in MY house now tongue

The surgery is complete, I've changed him beyond all recognition....no seriously we now have one very hairless Rossco ubblol He doesn't even have his moustache any more! biggrin

And last week he was in Cardiff ALL WEEK and totally forgot to go to juggling club on Thursday. I will happily spank himfor you when i get home tonight, especially if he hasn't done the washing up biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I didn't go to juggling club either though last week, went to see Roni Size instead, he was ace though... So Ross missed out on some dirty drum and bass which is probably worse . . . You can tell him that I could of fixed his staffs too if he had asked . . .

Also Dunc, do you want some more people to help out at PLAT festival, I have met a girl called Becca who does face painting that would be up for helping out and her bf is apparantely quite a good juggler . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Face painting is sorted thanks, (Ms Skully is our resident Phizog artist) as for the rest pm on the way ubbrollsmile

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, look whos popped in to say hello! biggrin

hope everyone is well, duncans trying to change me by stealing my hair so he can weave a blanket for the baby. he might have taken my hair but i still got loads more than him so i'm happy. wink

oh yeah matt, thanks for clearing up my, who the f**k is Baxter and why is he in my friends list thing, nice one.

Whats PLAT festival? is someone competing with us now?
wink

i'll see you guys in Cardiff some time soon hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yeah well i thought I'd change it just to confuse the hell out of you Rossco . . . I think most people managed to work it out . . . thought it was easier than having another Matt about the place as there always seems to be tonnes of them

Have you not heard of the PLAT festival before . . . no neither have I oh well , you know what I meant

Hope Telford is treating you sweetly....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Oh and I am on your friends list - ah cheers buddy hug

I'll change the name again soon just to screw you up...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Oi Ross get off my computer and get a job! spank tongue

Written by:

he might have taken my hair but i still got loads more than him

Yeah but yours is all over your back and palms wink ubblol

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
you boys not tempted to come play with us on July 2nd???

Ross - am i on your friends list? ubbangel

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Always tempted, but I'm busy that weekend sorry smile

434 posts

Posted:
my hairy palms and back are a genetic thing anyways, duncans jealous because he wants my back hair so he can cellotape it to his shiney bald haed and not look as weird as he does now. biggrin wink

Gayle - yes you are on my friends list but i'm still not coming on the 2nd because thats the day duncan will be having his hair transplant, thats why he said he's busy. tongue

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
pffft..... who said all you evil Telford people could post in here????? You are not welsh-ish any more! Go get your own "Telford spinners" thread wink ubblol

Ross how could you move from the gorgeous Wales to TELFORD of all places! rolleyes

434 posts

Posted:
Telfords only a suburb of wales, i can see wales from here anyway so i dont miss it too much, plus im back in cardiff about every fortnight so i'm still there in spirit and you know what they say-
"You can take the spinner out of wales but you cant take wales out of the spinner"... well its something like that anyway.
biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rossco

my hairy palms and back are a genetic thing anyways, duncans jealous because he wants my back hair so he can cellotape it to his shiney bald haed and not look as weird as he does now. biggrin wink

dude - you just made my lunchtime, ive chuckled lots biggrin

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: ......