Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
possibly - will do some asking ....

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
wooo, snow!!!!!

All that is solid melts into air

1,643 posts

Posted:
it's snowing!! i mean here... uh... i am unsure of the situation in Cardiff, but SNOW, REAL SNOW!!!!!! oh, how exciting.... more, i want more!!!

as for inside, we should take over the museum... or queens arcade... or the CIA... umm

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
Its gonna snow, real snow, here in Cardiff at the weekend!! woooo! spinning in the snow! with hats and gloves and big wooly coats!!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
it has snowed, we have snow woohoo, working on somewhere for indoor spinning but looks unlikely . . . .

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
We have snow too and no buses running. If thats so around here I might not be able to get to you on sunday. Fingers crossed that they bother to get the snow ploughs out soon biggrin Then again it may have all melted by the end of the day ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

becciPancake Maker
151 posts

Posted:
Our snow man has started to melt already ubbcrying

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I can't come on Sunday ubbcrying

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
boooo

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
snows melting frown was looking forward to a spin in the snow

1,643 posts

Posted:
so can anyone give me a speedy lowdown on the plan for tomorrow, 12 at stone circle? nevermind about the snow, it was rubbish anyway, (trust me) but we can do a poi excahgne to slovenia maybe for the proper stuff biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Gayle will be getting to mine for about 1pm ish and we will head down after she nad neil get here, so I guess we will be there about before 2 .. . .. so will see you there . . .
rossco should be there too

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
So.... we actually managed to get a sunday meet together eek It must have something to do with Non being back! Yippeeeee!

I suggest we quickly build on this fact and arrange the next one fast before everyone goes back to hibernating. How about A sunday spin in Swansea on either the 4th or the 11th?

1,643 posts

Posted:
ha ha, so i DO have some kind of organisational powers, woopdidoo! I say yay, if you give some advice how to go about getting there, train or bus easier? and oooh, whichever date...

Thankyou for my hoop skully, i have been wiggling today and found i can actually get it to stay off the ground, but to go up, i need to go faster?? or slower, i cannae remember....

And for everybody else hope the prodigous ones were prodigously great, and that you haven't been mocking rossco with it too much... you will make him cry.

smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
The train fare is £8.80 return to swansea from Cardiff central and on sundays it runs hourly to swansea at about 15mins to the hour (Check that though, incase of track maintenance).

The buses leave every other hour, on the odd hours, at quater past the hour and return on the hour, on the even hours, up to 6pm, costing £4.70 for off peak.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: NOn

And for everybody else hope the prodigous ones were prodigously great, and that you haven't been mocking rossco with it too much... you will make him cry.

smile

We didn't need too. He came with us. The Prodigy were so wicked, fecking ace night. Haven't danced so much in ages...Rossco was steaming when he came out...

Was good to get across the bridge to come and see everyone. I had a great day....

Thank you to Matt for putting us up and your housemates are wicked. Hope Ross made it home and the chat about rapists and muggers beforehand didn't scare him too much..

Gayle.....!

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
They were indeed 'fecking ace' in fact I've not been able to move since that night.................... eek...............my face has not moved from this expression yet either!

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
The prodigy was indeed one of the awesomest nights ive been to for ages!!

Thanks for the great day/night guys, you all deserve a big hug

as for the swansea meet, i cant make the 11th but the 4th is with me wink biggrin

and for Gayle, i made it home without being knifed or raped, all is good biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
The 4th is this sunday. I might still have the lurgy then. Fingers crossed it goes away soon because I'm bored of aching and blowing my nose. Pesky lil viruses. (although I have had a day of work today because of it, so its not all bad ubblol )

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
ok if the 4th is this sunday then i cant make that either sorry, my megabus doesnt get me back to cardiff until 7. sorry i thaught we were still in november. redface

i'll still see you before christmas though. hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol Rossco hun, I ubblove you! ubblol hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
All you welsh type people and incomers, if you want your Christmas card you better PM me your postal addresses or I'll just have to put them up on my mantle piece. Oh apart from Non as I have hers already biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
you do? cool. i don't have yours, send me yours smile

anyone jugglig club tonight? i have spare energy

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
hello! not been on HoP for a few days... How you all?

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: NOn

anyone jugglig club tonight? i have spare energy

yeah........ i didn't go..........
(because i watched five hours of black books) rolleyes

hello xorby, how was your essay? or are they being elusive with marks and not telling? I'm pretty cool anyway, how are you?

up for a trip to swansea at some point? people? huh? huh??

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Looks like my days in Cardiff are numbered, I am out of here at the end of feduary . . . frown back to cheltenham for the Matty B

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Also didn't go to juggling, think Rossco went but I had just got back from sheffield (uni work is sucking right now)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Cheltenham is closer to Telford than Cardiff biggrin See it's not all bad wink hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
Don't go!!!!
(not tellin me my essay grade.... they suck!)

1,643 posts

Posted:
you're going WHERE?! ... WHY?!?!?! what's cheltenham got that we haven't? huh? huh?

alright people, gather the chains... you're not ALLOWED to leave Cardiff (except for six month jaunts to slovenia of course... redface)

Page: ......