Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
mad angry mad2 Good damn it why are some people so bloody annoying . . . . Really makes me angry that you have to be so careful with stuff . . . I hope karma comes round and kicks 'em hard ... mad angry mad2

So sorry to hear that Dunc mad

Though it was a good night and good to see y'all again . . . on the positive side it means that we need to do it all again to get some footage again.... things we must do...

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
and here's a good opportunity:

[Old link]

Sorry to hear about that Dunc. I think i would be devestated.

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yeah good idea Gayle . . . Skully did you mention that there was a beach near you that would could try and spin at ?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Think she means Sandy Bay out at Weston. We could hire a caravan for the night and spin all day on the beach.

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
that could work . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
And I sure you can guess who we've narrowed the main culprits down to Matt. We're working on getting it back but I don't hold much hope. Gotta sort out a crime number with Cardiff police and stuff now too frown

Let's relight this forum ubblove

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
***sheeeepishly wonders in***

Ok, so i leave "anothers wink " house around 5am sunday morning to come find 2bags so i can get him home, i then realise i havnt a bloody clue where i am, so i wonder the city...................

4.5hrs later i find rosscos front door - HOOOORAY! but 2bags had gone.............

hahahah oh well i said to ross, wed better sit down and play ping pong for a while..............

Everyone i met over the weekend thank you all for a great time, Ross you and your house mates are fecking tops, Dunc you an interupting dude but i love ya for it - sorry you had to receive the camera news twice man, that was harsh.......... i did have one last look befroe i left sunday but decided Ross was the better man to find........... hope it turns up, if not the camera the tape!!

After realizing i can get to cardiff in only 2hrs you may be seeing more of me! smile

hug to all

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Thats not a bad time for finding your way back . . . When I was in my first year . . . one of my housemates didn't turn up till 3pm in the afternoon after leaving some birds house at 9am .... and he had been in Cardiff for 2 months ....

Still gutted for you Dunc . . . .

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
yeah, thanks to everyone who came, had loadsa fun (as blatently did strugz wink) apart from the above mentioned camera incident, see you all soon wherever the next meet is! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Anyone in cardiff fancy a good night out tomorrow . . . . Cherrybomb at the Toucan club should be good, it even mentions poi on the flyers .... I will be going along with several other performers so may see you there .. .

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah! cherrybombdabombdabomb.... are you going to circus thing first?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
probably going from 8 till 9 and then onto the toucan
what are your plans ?
Becci , are you still coming ?

becciPancake Maker
151 posts

Posted:
yeah i'm coming, train gets into cardiff at 8, so we will probably see u at circus thing first

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
ok I will see you gals later . . .

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
wink

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
So how are all of the Welsh spinners today . . I am starting to feel lonely . . .everyone keeps leaving

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Yeah Matt all the real Welsh spinners are off! It just leaves us imports..... oh well. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I think we need to start recruiting more . .. .. .. .. I need someone to teach me some staff tricks..... at the moment I have mastered dropping it ....

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
well go exeter this weekend and bristol when duncans here and ask nate nicely hes learnt loads recently

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

acidicjennyBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hello there! Have just discovered this forum, didn't realise there was so many other poi peeps in Cardiff! Will most definitely be up for any poi gatherings... but probably not for a few weeks cos of [censored] exams!! Might make it down to that circus skills thing off City Road on thursday though... depends how much work I get done!

Anyway just wanted to say Yo! Hopefully see some of you crazy monkeys around!! wink x

acidicjennyBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
Ha ha! Can't believe part of that post got censored...! lol!

1,643 posts

Posted:
well.... thinking of going to circus skills on thursday night before i go (and then doing lots of frantic packing on friday...) so mayhaps see some people there? huh? huh?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
yep i'll be there missy.....

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
i'm coming back to cardiff on thursday from sunny telford so i'll be at juggling as normal. Ive got some new staff tricks that i picked up from the birmingham juggling convention that i can show you matt. biggrin all thanks to mr strugz as usual. rolleyes

matt if you could adapt my sticks this weekend too that'd be ace, i'll PM you in a bit about that though. hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Okey dok, sounds good, will see you there

I think I might be modding mine as well to make them slightly lighter, am going to light my fire one for the first time too, so should be good fun.

1,643 posts

Posted:
on a completely unrelated note: i'm in slovenia!! eek

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
lighter umm what sort of crazy talk is that wave Hope your all okay not seen ya in ages and glad ya got there ok non

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
well im vaguely and sometimes wales based but up north. however mostly based in birmingham. ahh miss wales. will maybe be in cardiff for a week or two in august though coz of work. havent confirmed gig though coz i can only do 2 of 3 weeks so may not get it yet.

daisy x

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
oi! oi!

any of you lot crossing the bridge for this:

[Old link]

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Nah sorry Gayle, am in Pembroke for the bank holiday weekend . . . though hopefully will see you soon . . .

Page: ......