Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
does any one ahve any gd fire poi there trying to sell. i got home made ones which are ok but i really want to get some cable ones and i'm a student and a youth worker so as u can imagin i have [censored] all $$$ willing to pay though. if not does any one know a cheep site to get them off

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

This Sat we are all going to a party in Bristol. Next weekend Dunc is coming over to see Rossco so we are meeting up. I'm not sure where yet but you are welcome to come along.

PARTY!!!????!!!???

Well suppose it is a mini one. ubbloco

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Ok so what happened to you , Non, a no show tonight eh ? or technically last night, but who is counting . . hope you have a good excuse . . . also found a regular fire night for the cardifians ,a little bit of a show and you get a beer, how good is that ???? and food is thrown in , and only costs 2 quid to get in . . . .

1,643 posts

Posted:
*tries frantically to think of a good excuse* ubbidea

dammit! there really isn't one, i was just lazy and didn't manage to get home from work, sort myself out and get back into town on time :P i shall have to think of a more efficient plan for next week... such as... taking my poi to work! Fire, beer and food though? nice one, how did you hear about that?

anyways... it's only about 2 hours before we get to Bristol!! biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
on thu can u spin fire or has it got to me normal poi?

is any one going this thu.???

how was bristol

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so whats happning this weekend? is any one meeting up. i also want to go to no fit stae circus this thu is any one else going?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: pitman

does any one ahve any gd fire poi there trying to sell. i got home made ones which are ok but i really want to get some cable ones and i'm a student and a youth worker so as u can imagin i have censored all $$$ willing to pay though. if not does any one know a cheep site to get them off

Hiya Pitman. There's loads of info here on making your won poi if you feel like being a little creative, it'll save you quite a lot of money!

You can buy ballchain from places like ballchain.com #13 stainless is good, but you can get different colours in other metals. They have clips and connectors and stuff too
Wick is easily made from towelling or again you can buy wick. Making them into a Cathedral wick is quite simple as is tube core.
*!!Don't buy cable!!* You'll really REALLY regret it in the long run, it sucks most triumphantly of the highet order. Ball chain is by far the best for spinning with.
Personally I'd say you can't go wrong with the stuff from here, postage etc isn't really much anyway and it's quite fast, I think the "value" for money is in the higher priced stuff, they'll give hours more enjoyment in the long run and higer quality flames etc.

Do searches for various terms I've used, on here and somwhere like google, you'll come up trumps and if we meet up you can always check out everyone elses kits to see how it all goes together nicely and get other thoughts and processes for making them form people.

I'm coming down on Saturday 19th. Will be around in the day and night time too so Coopers Feild could be a deffinate. Rossco knows where it is so I wont even get lost for a change! biggrin Should we sort out a time, would folks like daytime or nighttime fun? Or both? ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
about 4ish then we can do day and night. i got home made fire poi and there betty swolucks. but they will have to do till next pay day. thanks for the info. how much parafin we got for sat. i got about 3-4 L's but thats it dont mind sharing though if some one aint got any.
EDITED_BY: pitman (1110905741)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Dunc, pitman I'm going to try and be there but I can't promise just yet...... everything in my house is falling apart this week and it might take me all weekend to put it all right! *mutters* stupid flippin' washing machine, damn stupid sewing machine.....

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
thats ok we can meet up any time any way i really need to find people to help me progress i kinda got the basics with fire and normal poi. but need alot of help. Skulduggery do you go to no fit state circus on a thu if yes u going this week. what ever happnds i am but it would be cool if there was some one else who span there.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Nope I don't go. I live in the swansea area so by the time I finished work and got over there I think it would be a bit late (I can't drive so I have to go by train timetables)

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhh! shame. still mabey see u on sat

*mutters* stupid flippin' washing machine, damn stupid sewing machine..... lol

1,643 posts

Posted:
Pitman> Mattyb will probably most definately be going to no fit state this week, i should be too if i get off my lazy arse biggrin You can basically just turn up there, but first time i went i met matty in't pub beforehand, am sure that could be arranged if you want...
As for fire there, there is an outdoor space for fire i think, when i went there were people whipping things out there and not burning things... so *shrugs* i wouldn't bother lugging paraffin etc along if i were you...

in other news, saturday sounds groovy... i'm working until six though so don't start too early or you'll all be poied out before i get there.... and skully you have to come, tis only for a few hours!! and we'll make sure you get a suitable train back this time, so it's not an overnighter! biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
so what time will suit u for sat. and please remember i am a newbie not a pro not even gd lol. r well its all a learning curve. where to is no fit n e ways i know its near city rd i think. do u know little hal that goes looks like a grmlin. streched ears and lots and loats and lots of chains

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok this time I'm gonna tell Rossco if he doesn't go I'm gonna kill and eat him with lashings of mayonaisse. He livesvirtually next door so there is no excuse! spank

Pitman, there are no levels of skill, just personal plateau's we strive to leave wink

Skully if you don't come on Saturday you're off the christmas list and into the human sarnie, so be there or be b-b-q! tongue Plus, Swansea isn'that far and I have a car. I'm no taxi but I'll happilly drop you off whenever you need to leave. I hear there's a rugby match on Saturday tho, so no leaving too early or we'll be as jammed up as Paul Weller!

smile

I'll be in Cardiff from around 11am onward so won't have any problems meeting folks at any time really

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

Pitman, there are no levels of skill, just personal plateau's we strive to leave wink

thats deep biggrin lol

well if we go to coopers then we will have to use the back end because of the rughby but later on in the night or sumin it would be good to go and spin on the mini stone circle. is any one going to be filming?????

what times easyest for everyone i am free all day ubbangel free like a little birdy.
confusedor free like no one likes and doesn't want to come out and play. will any one be my friend ubbloco

nice one

1,643 posts

Posted:
ahhh... feck a duck, i forgot the rugby was on too.... and i cannae remember what time the match is... but seeing as coopers field is right behind the castle and hence very close to one of the main thoroughfares for 110,000 rugby fans, it might be worth picking a start time during the match, for ease of personal transit.... and then leaving a reasonable amount of time after it's finish but before the pubs kick out so as not to get beaten up or stuck in a queue... uhhh.... so next step i s'pose is find out when it's on...... i shall find out tomorrow...

Pitman> i don't recall anyone who looked particularly like a gremlin... doesn't mean he wasn't there, and i've only been once myself. It is on City Road, there's a road off to the right by the Tut n' Shive and it's in a community centre just behind there, pretty easy to find and costs but a quid. I'm sure your gremlin friend can take you biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah i know the tut i am band from threr for breaking my poor little best mates nose lol (sorry cheesy)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
kick off it at 3:30 so when does everyone wanna meet

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey all, Yep I will be going to the circus thing so will see you all there, never knew it was called the 'no fit state' circus you learn something everyday... also will be heading to the toucan after i think. . .

Won't be around this weekend sorry, I am of to Machynlleth, West Wales, biking for the weeekend, so I hope you guys and gals have some fun . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Typical rolleyes I come all the way to Cardiff and Matty isn't gonna be there! Have fun in Machynlleth, dont' forget to drop into the energy conservation place and have a go on the water powered lift!

PITMAN - I'll have my DV cam with me if we wanna do some shooting smile If kick off is 3:30 I reckon meeting at 4-4:30 will be good unless we wanna wait till after the rugger? I'm not a fan myself but I watched the last match and it was surprisingly really good!! I think Ross might want to watch it on the telly box.

Anyone else have objections to meeting during match time?

smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yeah sorry for raising hopes and then dashing them. THough will be in Falmouth the following weekend . . . so see you then ....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i love the rugby coz im welsh and were brainwashed at birth to do so. but what the hell i dont mind 4-4:30 seems gd any one else got objections.

matty thats sucks you cant be there sat but i will meet you tomoz any way.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
it doesn't suck that much I am going mountainbiking for a whole weekend , its going to be awesome . . ., but does mean I miss out on a spin .... however goign to do a whole lot of it the following weekend so not too worried .. .

And yep will see you tomorrow . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah you'll soon catch up at Falmouth mate smile

I don't mind delaying a little to get the rugger out of the way. Like I said Ross will probably want to watch it so we'll have to see smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
For those of you in Cardiff , my mates bike has just been stolen - here is a plee from him . . .

I have just had a bike stolen from the engineering buildings at Cardiff University. I put the bike together myself and it is very distinctive. The frame is a light green Kona Muni-Mula with red Manittou Axel forks, Diatech anchor disc brakes, a USE sus seat post and XT / LX shimano gear all round. As I said, being Green and red it is very distinctive and one of a kind! If anyone sees this bike about or a bike matching its description for sale then please please please put a post up here or better still contact me (Duncan) at dyno@dmanning.co.uk. There will be a financial reward of £30 for anyone who manages to sucessfully locate the bike.

Cheers

Duncan Manning

Please keep you eyes open cardifians

Non-Https Image Link

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Poor bike!! And anyone with a name as cool as him must be the best mountain biker in the world!! biggrin

I hope he gets it back and I promise to keep my eyes peeled while I'm there

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Does he spin? Could be the perfect opportunity to sway him into it wink

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
no he doesn't though he has been known to do a bit of fire breathing , he was meant to be coming on this bike weekend but now his weekend is ruined - the bike did have wheels before anyone comments

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
He can always come see us on Saturday if he can't find a temporary replacement and he's got time on his hands smile

Page: ......