Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
all is good. i soo want a nesbitt fire diabolo but they are like 80 quid. i played with one in london on staurday at oddballs. i will be leaving the country at the end of january and i would be very sad if we didnt have a meet before then so something must get organized and everyone must come and there has to be fire spinning and fire dohnut. and i mean everyone.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
welcome back cinderella :o) how are you?

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! fire dohnut! all the way. mate i will be very sad to see you leave. but on the other hand i will have a place to crash in the states lol joking. but if you do come back and need a place to crash the offers always there. im well up for a meet in jan some time. at the moment im so busy with work uni and xmass its stupid. n e ways were the hell is giz. he was talking to me on msn but i was out of the flast and when i got back he was go. so at least we know hes ok. unless he had been trying to contact us for help after being kidnapped by bandits loking for the paraffin booty and i just didnt realise.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
sage ill be sad to see you go also dude,we shall have a meet before you leave and it will be the best yet lol,giz has gone,where,? who knows lol.how are things everyone?

to many freaks to little circuses!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey everyone biggrin... im BAAAAAACK !!! lol.. hey sage mate we are deffo meetin up in january wink.. all of us should hire a hall somewhere and get some serious spinning done :P..

hey adz man,,pm me when your off work etc,,ill come to llanelli and pick me poi up,,im realllllly missin em lol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'll be in Llandybie over Xmas wink we plan to have a little play I'll be filming if anybody want's to pop over ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
he gizmo mate,ye deffo i bet your missing them lol,where you been?look at the pic of my new ropes in my gallery,thats an awsome idea about a hall im well up for that,hey mynci i could get to llandybie quite easily,when you coming down to stay?

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
yay a meet in january woohoo. oh how i hope ican come:)

nat

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey guys,, so whens the next meet gonna be?.. shall i try and find a hall for hire? here in aberavon or should we find somewhere else?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
dunno a hall is going to be a bit expensive dont you think. if you can find a cheep one im well up for that. merry xmas everyone

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
they around 20 quid ish man,, im sure we can all pitch in etc.. ill av a gander about,, merry christmas guys biggrin

172 posts

Posted:
merry christmas ya'll, woohoo only 6 hours!!!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
merry crimbo!!! ,,,its gettin close now eh biggrin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
merry christmas everyone,make it a good one!ill look in llanelli as well if thats ok with everyone?how are we all?adz!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
merry christmas all! hope Santa came and gave you all what you wished for??

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
where is everyone?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
dunno i think im in cardiff. so when we all meeting then? i need to get some good spinning in. i have span once over the winter.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
when ever we can ill come out for a spin anytime,im always stuck in my house spinning and it aint big enough!have a good christmas pitman dude?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
happy new year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont drink and drive smoke weed and fly!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah had a good one. it was a very very very 'white' xmas if you catch my drift. lol. happy new year everyone

1,643 posts

Posted:
hello, happy new year christmas and stuff... i wasn't in cardiff, i was in CZ, so hence no replies. Furthered any plans for January meeting then??

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
and to you non,nah no 1 is arranging anything!we need a meet soon!

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... shall i just say a date, and that's the meeting? :P

don't know where, it's all kind of muddy and wet and yucky outside... although there's some concreted bit in coopers field suitable for muddy day spinnage, where we've gone before, and it's not too far to seek refuge in a nice warm dry pub/cafe...

what about next sunday 14th?

unless anyone did manage to find a hall?

sagey> when are you leaving to colorado?

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
next sunday works for me

i'm off on the 1st of feb as of now.

if anyone wants to meet up any weekend b4 i leave just call or pm me and i can drive to you.

i got some clubs and i can juggle them pretty well now )) can't wait for passing

to all my friends on this thread: please know that if you ever come to the states you have a place to stay and a really cool person to hang out with. smile

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
merry crimbo and happy new yr to you all biggrin ..

adz ill fone ya soon bud, sage i am gutted your going back to the U.S frown, pitman, NON, hope your both well guys !!!

right then we need a meet eh?..i been lookin about for indoor places, but to no avail,, anyone else able to hire a cheep hall anywhere??... we can all chip in like.. anyhoo, speek soon guys smile

1,643 posts

Posted:
well by sunday is a bit short notice to find a hall... but there's always the 'brave the rain' option.... eek unless you can find one for the weekend after...?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
if i have time,and i remember i shall look in llanelli,any one mind the traveling?hows things all?its a shame your going back sage mate,stay with us lol!

172 posts

Posted:
heyo people, was thinking, are we all going to get together and take a fantabulous photo for the calendar competition...well just for fun really, but get some wicked photos next to some very welshy things...maybe? i don't know, just an idea. I take it nothings happening tomorrow, which is kind of good as im busy anyway! but hopefully every sunday after im free...

anybody found a good place to spin. i was thinking it would be awesome to spin on one of the black mountains or something...but maybe we'll leave that till the summer! I've got a hall near me, but no idea if they'll let us spin or how much it is, and im probably further away than all of you lot! i'll look into it nowhere else can be found.

nattio

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
meet this weekend,weekend after?ill look for a hall to spin in,if not i know of somewhere under cover and sheltered from the wind,come on you know you want to lol?how are we all any ways?

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey adz.. where is the place you know? whats it like man?

Page: ......