Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
sounds like a fine idea gizmo, there was talk before of a swansea meet sometime, perhaps we should do that one...

which is easier for you from port talbot?

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
sorry i didnt get t meet before u left matty! hope all is well.

The weather has made me all sunny inside, lovely

All that is solid melts into air

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
but you did jason . . .

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
non - swansea is easier from PT,, so theres a few of us from near swansea eh,, when can we get together?..im easy :roll: lol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm near Swansea. My first free weekend is the 20/21st May... that is if I don't get talked into going to the Fire Gathering in Horsham.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
dang im going on holiday on the 20th, for a week, so either after or before,, :P .. typical eh lol

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
helloah i am from llanelli and would really like to meet aload of other spinners from around south wales.when is every1 gathering next?
EDITED_BY: i_love_jade (1147729317)

to many freaks to little circuses!

1,643 posts

Posted:
oh righty, sounds like a trip to swansea is definately on the cards for the near future... my next couple of weekends are currently occupied with tedious things, perhaps some time in June? on the beach? or somesuchthing...

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
yes everyone should come and gather in swansea,hopefully it isnt arranged for the 9th 10th and 11th of june because im in download,the beach sounds good or castle gardens would be cool.i know no other fire spinners in llanelli so im always spinning alone.adz !i have read that the cops ask some of you to move on from certain places for spinning,in llanelli they stop and watch lol.
EDITED_BY: i_love_jade (1147814849)

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
if there was a meet up around here id wonder down and watch. be awesome to see some fire poi on the beach, wouldnt even attempt it myself mind! im goin to download too so those dates are no no.

1,643 posts

Posted:
alrighty... 22nd-26th if also out, because it's.... PLAY! So that leaves 3/4th or 17/18th...

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
weekend of the 3rd if its good for everyone,some one can teach me how to do flowers with my fire poi if they would be so kind?

buggleberry_fairySILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
hello cymru people - i see theres loadsa stuff goin on in swansea n cardiff - but is there anyone round monmouthshire area? i know absolutely no-one who does poi round here - boohoo...so alone frown lol

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

1,643 posts

Posted:
no-one in the monmouth area that we are presently aware of... however it's very pretty, we could also do a meet there. There are also threads for gloucester/hereford meets though, if that's easier for you to get to smile

172 posts

Posted:
im stuck in abergavenny area...well between cwmbran and merthyr...sort of lol...

darn im all alone!

1,643 posts

Posted:
it's only a half hour from cardiff though by train in't it? presuming you can get to the train station. or else we can organise a trek to your house across the black mountains, mmm... be like Duke of Edinburgh all over again! smile

172 posts

Posted:
oooo poi on the mountains - that wud be cool...cold windy n rainy tho lol

when do u cardiff lot meet up?

n please tell me ur gud enuf to teach but not gud enuf to make me feel like an idiot - i can do that quite well on my own...got the bruises to prove it!

1,643 posts

Posted:
see the first post in the thread for regular meets, otherwise you'll hear about it here first. and the best way to learn new things is at meets and stuff, and everyone's gone through the bruises, so no need to feel like an idiot. we're a caring, sharing bunch on HoP smile

172 posts

Posted:
can't make the meets but will keep watching this space for gatherings smile thanks

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
i got pics in my gallery tell me what you think if you would be so kind please!adz.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hello all its been a very long tie, uni and work have stoped me having a social life but its the end of the year so yay bring on the sun. so how is everyone this fine rainy day

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

172 posts

Posted:
hey i-love-jade - the antispin buzzsaw pic looks well cool

p.s. im new so HELLO! wavehello

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hello to you to,im adz btw.thanks i think itd an antispin buzz saw.how are you?

172 posts

Posted:
hello adz - im gud thanx altho life sucks when college is finishin in 4 weeks and iv got waaaaaaay to much work to do...

how is everybody?

p.s. my real name is nat...just to make me sound slightly more sane! hehe ubbloco

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
well im good aswell thanks nat,i have no work to do for college woo im there tonight tho,you gonna come to swansea if there is a meet there?adz!

172 posts

Posted:
can't im too far away - boohoo - takes me and hour to get to cardiff and an hour and a half to get to swansea - so unfair! frown have fun...i'll go poi by myself

i need the sleep anyways!

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
 Written by: buggleberry_fairy

hello adz - im gud thanx altho life sucks when college is finishin in 4 weeks and iv got waaaaaaay to much work to do...

how is everybody?

p.s. my real name is nat...just to make me sound slightly more sane! hehe ubbloco

i know the feeling, except i finish uni on friday, and have waaaay too much work to do eek which is why i cant wait to go and get drunk on the beach, woo! (and possibly watch people doing poi!)

misskikibabenewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hey People,

You got yourselves a newbie here!!!

Im based in Cwmbran, but only moved here three days ago. Im from Haverfordwest originally. Im wanting to meet like minded people who love poi (and can teach me a thing or ten), going out clubbing, but people who enjoy the whole chill-out thing too. I love going to listen to live music as well as clubbing!! (My Dad is a singer/songwiter).

1,643 posts

Posted:
Cwmbran!! there you go, buggleberry fairy is pretty close to you.... it's all coming together.... Haverfordwest's great, my Dad's family comes from round thems parts, so been there lots...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Whats with all this welsh activity just after I leave . . . obviously waiting for me to go frown sounds like there is the makings of a good welsh meet-up now though

Have fun devil

Page: ......