Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I spoke to Rossco last night, he's definately watching the rugby match in it's entirety so I'll be in the pub watchin it with him. So I guess when it finishes is when we leave to meet at Coopers Feild. smile

He's also gonna try to go to juggling club tonight so you may get to meet him then

juggle weavesmiley

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
o thats got to be a kick in the nuts, a bike u made ur self one off gets robbed. i work in a youth centre in town and it may turn up here trying to get sold i will keep my eyes open if it does i will have grate pleasher in taking it back.

gd luck with the hunt.

i got some bad news to. my best mate just went in to hospital so i cant make it to no fit tonight but i will be able to go still on sat. cant wait. its getting closer and closer we need to get a kinda time going around or its gunna be sunday all ready. lol

keep me posted!!!!

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
to any one coming on sat.
does any on have a spare set of handles they want o sell no mater how battered no matter how much i just need them?

nice one

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If what feels like the start of the flu turns out to be my body fibbing to me I'll be there on Sat. I have a rather naff pair of firetoys handles that I never use that you can have pitman. I never use them because they have these clips that have sticky out metal bits that scratch my hands when I try to wrap them around to shorten the chains, but you are welcome to see if you like them. What do you want to hang on them? they have fairly light weight swivels on them that you might have to take off if its something heavy. Oh and they're nylon....

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
thanks the poi i got are heavy but ltes just see what there like. does any one know what time were meeting up yet on sat?????

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok, after the rugby in Coopers Field is the best timing I can offer at the mo. I might not be online again today so if you need to change anything or whatever give me a ring please Pitman smile

Hope to see everyone else there too hug

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hey mat!
has your mate got his bike back yet

1,643 posts

Posted:
after the rugby... ok.... well that should finish about 5.30 ish? so if we give you at least half an hour to get there... 6ish? or 6.30? meh... i'll just come straight from work, which may mean i'm crazy early or crazy late... cos i don't actually know what time i'm finishing tomorrow yet....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i am going to be there at about 4 today i am meeting a mate! everyone still up 4 it 6 is ok

1,643 posts

Posted:
ok... so how many people do you guesstimate were in Cardiff yesterday?? I'm thinking... 300,000...? apparently 110,000 irish came over and there was definately more red than green.... so i'm gonna go with that - plus maybe a bit more.... hope everyone came out alive biggrin

and what a flippin' night for the first Cardiff meet! Lovely to meet more Cardiff people, and Dunc of course biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah it was gd. i got in a fight on the way home and rapped my chain around my hand and batered him. i was walking home and because i was weraing a welsh top some irish guy tryed robbing my [censored] shoes. how [censored] sad. so i caved the little tea leafs face in. y do people think they need to do that? whats the point?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
What a weekend eh . . . Wales winning the grand slam and gorgeous weather all weekend .. I have even started my biker tan for the year . .I have t-shirt and glove lines . . .white hands.... mmm nice....

Glad you had a good meet on Sat shame I couldn't be there but mid wales was awesome....

and now looking forward to a 3 day week . . . excellent and then Falmouth . . . wicked

My firends bike has not turned up

Sorry to hear you got picked on pitman, some people are scum . . normally wouldn't condon(?sp?) violence but sometimes it is the only language some people understand . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
wave Hi everyone, was great to meet you all and can't wait for Falmouth for yet more fun biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
yay only 2 1/2 more dys until Falmouth! Woooooo Hooooo!

It was fun meeting up with you all. hug
We'll have to arrange meets more often and on days when I don't end up being chatted up by various different drunks at the station...... oh hang on that happens everytime I'm at the station..... damn!

1,643 posts

Posted:
yayyyyyyyyy i'm definately coming to falmouth!!!!! wooo!! what am i going to wear?!?!? eek hmmm anyway... oh on that note, anyone know of anyone who has space in their car to bristol/cardiff and is coming back sunday?

we should do more meets yes indeedy, but i there's always going to be a random drunk at cardiff station skully, so i really don't think you can avoid that... but i don't reckon there'll be a thousand of them all at the station again for a while, so that's ok biggrin at least they were probably happy drunks (mostly, apart from the one pitman met...) Cardiff was just one great big hangover today though....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
well some of my mate have been watching me do poi and there interseted so were all going back down to coppers feild this sat if the weathers nice. open to any one and every one.

what was the name of the guy with short curly hair. hes good!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
That was Rossco Bossco mate, he doesn't get on here much these days cuz he hasn't got a web connection anymore. And yeah he's a lovely spinner ubblove

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I think that most of us welsh dwellers and many of the UK HoP residents will be in Falmouth this bank holiday weekend, but weekends after that would be good . . .

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
wow, there is actually a cymru thread! eek

Thanks for saturday guys, it was ace fun and with wales winning the "double" grand slam, who could ask for a more perfect weekend biggrin biggrin

see you guys plus everyone else in fallymouth in a couple of days.

hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ROSS!! *points*

kiss hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Oooooo scary. Ross posted! Thats not right! He is meant to be kept in a small box under the stairs isn't he? Who let him out?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
He was out tonight in the hawian and we earnt beer by spinning, now that can't be bad . . . So excited about the next few days its going to be wicked in falmouth . . . .

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hey everyone. i just tought my self btb weave. i am so happy. just got to try with flames now.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ado-p maybe coming to visit us Welsh and Welsh-ish people soon (if I can talk him into it) I'll keep you posted on when and we can have a grand day out on the beach spinning and being silly.

Congratulations Pitman bounce

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yes yes

im coming.

give me 6 or eight weeks.

so am i sleeping on your floor skully?

do you have lots of food?

Love is the law.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yey for Ado! bounce I'll be there for sure unless something happens that stops me, then I'll only be there in spirit wink smile

Nice one Jay! Shame it wasn't a few days ago....imagine the surprise of those Irish fans if you could have clocked them with your back turned! ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ado-p if you can put up with my incredibly messy house you are welcome to a bed, hammock or the floor if thats what you prefer. As for food its well known that my fridge is always empty. I'm rubbish at all the domestic stuff..... I'll make sure I do a supermarket run just before you arrive.

Hmmmm I wonder if by May the weather will be hot?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
nice one dunc.see you there smile

you better get tidying skully. my house is an absolute mess at the moment and the last thing i want is to be walking into another mess wink

hot weather in may? you live in wales right? ubblol

mmmm food. as long as there is biscuits i will be a happy boy.

smile

Love is the law.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmm.... 'tidying'..... remind me, just what is that?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i tend to pick up whatever is in the middle of the floor an put in the corner (should i suddenly need the middle of my floor)

when i get sick of the middle of the floor i take whatever is piled up in the corner and spread it out over the middle again thus freeing up the corner (should i suddenly want to stand in the corner)

i think thats it.

biggrin

Love is the law.

Page: ......