FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
okies, so its three thirty, im at work for two more hours and im bored beyond all reckoning! Where is all the work, you say?
i have done it!

Pleeeeease some one write me, or i shall die a hideous death of IlBordinium, similar to... um... food poisening, im sure. Either that or i shall take up my threat to write poi poetry, and then you shall all suffer! Mwhaa haa ahaaa! *evil laff*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm, poi poetry, sounds scary indeed. I have taken it upon myself to throw myself on this granade in order to save the rest of the discussion group.

Ahh the joys of time zones, for me it is currently about 1:30 am.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
HEH HEH! brave girl!

i see you are from Nu Yoik? whats it like there? i'd so love to visit, but will my poi be mugged from me when i am walking down the street? and are my chances of spotting winona ryder shoplifting whilst on a bus tour, any good at all???

seriously tho, someone did ask me to write a poi poem once..... *Shrug* apparently i can write ok?

128 posts

Posted:
New York? It's the most exciting depressing wonderful hideous place on the planet. New York is all about knowing the right places to go at the right time with the right attitude.

I live in the 'burbs and commute in for school so I'm not constantly exposed to it, which seems to be the best way to go (the amount of black clothing I wear is directly associated withthe amt of time I spend in Manhattan). It's a great place but it really can get you down how big and anonymous it can be. I don;t know what it's like outside of the US, but really there's nothing else here that really compares.

And I guess if you /really/ want to write a poi poem who am I to stop you?

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

128 posts

Posted:
a poi haiku perhaps?

-Emerson M Pugh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
a haiku? *shudder* nooooo dont make me write it!

umm ok, so heres the thing. I write poetry when im not particularaly happy.. not depressed or anything, dont get me wrong. just when im feeling detached from everything, thats where i get the best ideas.

with fire i cannot be detached.... it sucks me in, it entrances, intoxicates, envelopes me, and i cant stand back from it and say, "this is just poi" like i can with everything else i write about..... so i dont see any poetry coming yet, and to be honest, i hope i can never detach from fwirling to the point where i can write poetry, cos i think that would mean i wouldnt enjoy it anymore, and i dont want that.....

having crapped on about that for long enough, i would be interested in reading other peoples poi pomes??? perhaps YOU could write one here? lets make em short tho, only an hour and a half to go....

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
yeah, ok, sorry that was boring, .... meanwhiles at The Spark! i just found out that im' mere 26% lazy! and im definately a female, the spark has confirmed it....

128 posts

Posted:
I think the Spark decided I was a very effeminate male last I checked. Wow, I have actually finally grown out of the need to take every online test known to man!
I'd write a proper poi-a-riffic haiku if I could remember the proper beat pattern, as is I am far to lazy to look it up.

-Emerson M Pugh

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
that was a very nice start to a piece
i often become very detaced from the poi and thats one of the reasons i like them so much as i use them as a means of clearing my head out and relaxing as i think all day and am so tired at the end it is the perfect thing to relax me. hmm intresting that

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

128 posts

Posted:
*nods nods* totally understood. Previously the only thing that centered me this much was yoga (tho yoga has the benefit of not having the occasional high speed collision to distract you from your centered-ness )

-Emerson M Pugh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean ajtag, but i would call that becoming emersed, not detached. I can detach myself from the world whilst i spin, but not from the poi, as they become extenstions of my own thought/movements.

Quite often i will have a mad spinning session, totally wear myself out, break fingergrips, stretch keyrings, ect, and at the end, collapse exhausted, yet, totally at peace with myself and life again..... Poi has mental re-energising capabilities! Hoorah for poi and all other fwirling arts!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
on a more serious note:

Enrique Inglesis is on the radio....

can someone shoot me please?

oh! and has anyone seen Sparx that lazy buttlick on here lately? i miss him, now that i not living in the same state anymore..... ` ` `

128 posts

Posted:
Meep! Now you've given it to me! First rule of having to deal with bad music, don't pass it on to others!!!!!

Wait... I think... ahh, there, cancelled it.

-Emerson M Pugh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
goshdangit! im sorry.....

*stops humming kylie minouge "cant get you out of my head"*

*hides in her corner.....*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
HOorah! tis twenty past five and i can shut fings off and wander home HOORAH hooray!

*sigh*
i am going to write a poi poem tonight, i seem to have rambled on enough about it, and its best i do it now, when i havent spun for a week with fire...... otherwise i will forget the words and just get lost in the roar...

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
there is a close line there i think, you could call it either detached as my mind absoloutly blank even without poi learnt t do it with muscle memory
but yes you could think of the poi more like a shell where you can leave everything behind

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A