Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
thank you sage i shall see you in webm,those wicks you made are going to be nuts i bet they are pretty heavy tho?pitman if and when you get them you gota let me have a spin lol.how are we all?hello yto all the new peeps to

to many freaks to little circuses!

Tumnusnewbie
9 posts

Posted:
cheers sagetree, don't no when i'll next be about in monmouth, but when i am i'll get in touch biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
adz of course mate. hows the misses and n e 1 seen tai-poi-wales crew about i know they have been blazing all the fest's and i think they were running workshops at some too.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
cheers pitman,jade is brill thanks how about yours?check out hellfire 2007 on my friends list on myspace.they are the organisers of a fire festival in aug next year.hello emogal how are you?how is everyone else for that matter?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I thought Hellfire was Maus and Mags's baby. I could be wrong though.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah it is thats why falmouth will be no more after this one. but i will check it out n e ways. emogal if you want to meet up then i could meet u with ryan we spinn poi, staff and unicycke as well as every other circus skill we can fit in my bag of tricks where u from in cardiff how old are you etc i might know you. if you dont want to give that info out in public pm me and we can chat more.

Imaginary_GraceBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying i live too far from any of you to be able to get to a meet. I work all week bleh.... it's no fun being a grown up. Next week I think I'm going to be a Powerpuff Girl (the green one) just so I don't have to work! ubbrollsmile

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head....

1,643 posts

Posted:
reckons us nearby cardiff lot should get together for a couple of hours in pontcanna one day to meet emogal smile

and one day fear ye not, imaginary grace, one day aberystwyth, 'tis doable, although the trains do tend to take a slightly roundabout route, so we might have to send you in search of camping space/floor space. I'd like to come to aberystwyth, you have a great beach, i also want to go on the cliff railway thing biggrin

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im up 4 mission to aberystwyth. when do people want to meet up from cardiff mainly pointing the finger at emogal. im not going falmouth but im away on the next 2 weekends but apart from that im cool how u fixed for weeknights?

non hows the uni coming on i can rid no problem now and bounce down curbs but i cant mount without a wall but i can ride round the block a few times it dont make sence to me.

1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... well i'm in Cardiff for the next two weekends then away after that, so weeknight sounds like the most likely, maybe we can just all meet up one Thursday before nofitstate, and then go there?

i can't stay on the unicycle for very long yet, but then i've been practising my freemounting not the cycling bit (largely because i haven't got a wall to hold on to) and i managed about 2metres riding but then ran out of garden... am covered in bruises off it already though...

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
yeah me to i got shin pads coz i have been trying to bunny hop on things and keep spashing my shins and i got cuts all over them the other day i was taking my socks off and one of them was covered in blood lol and i didnt even know it happened. so shin pads are well worth it.

916 posts

Posted:
NOn, i also reckons you "nearby Cardiff lot" should get together to meet me! lolsign dont mind where, just try n make it not too far away please?! Also dont mind when either, start back at school soon, so either on weekends or in the evening?

916 posts

Posted:
PLEASE COME! [Old link]

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
new fire pics !!!

linkity link

yo mike send me that video link

916 posts

Posted:
wow! great pics sagetree!

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
nice sage where and when were they taken? and does anyone know where i can get a funky snowbording hat with mad stuff coming off it?

1,643 posts

Posted:
yeah, cool piccytures!!

pitman... depends what you mean by mad stuff, you can either try millets & all the other assorted surf and outdoor places when it gets a bit closer to winter, or you could probably commission skully to make one for you, cos she does make hats she does... then presumably you could have pretty much whatever mad stuff you want smile

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
skully it is. do you think she could make me one by the wales england border meet

1,643 posts

Posted:
don't know if she's definately coming ot not yet, she'll be at brizzle, but might be too soon. send her a pm and ask shrug

otherwise we can always do another meet in swansea and pick it up biggrin

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
sorry guys ive had some major trouble signing in,,but its sorted now,,anyway how are ya all?? good i hope biggrin ,,ive heared about the unicycle frenzy going on,,cant wait to see you all doing poi and cycling wink lol...

sage heres that vid from the festie i went to smile , and awsome pics man,,i really enjoyed that night,,was so chilled out eh smile

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=9197713027275226511

hope ya enjoy smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I have a request to make of some of you. I know this might annoy some if I post this, but I feel like I've got to ask.

Can you please stop using 'Text speak' and try to using some form of punctuation. I'm not saying this because I'm the spelling police or some kind of grammar freak. I'm dyslexic and I'm finding it really hard to read what some of you are posting. It all jumbles up on the screen and makes no sense whatsoever to me. A few full stops and some line spacing would really help me. I also use word pictures to read and text speak messes with that really badly and I have to sit for ages trying to work out what some of you are saying.

I'm not the best at getting what I want to say down in text, so if this sounds rude when you read it, it wasn't meant to be. It is just a request for a little bit of help so that I can understand what is going on.

Thank you hug

Now back to the topic of hats.

I do make hats. They are mainly crochet wool pixie and beanie hats, but I can turn my hand to sewn ones or crochet with fleece lining etc. I'm working on a few designs at the moment for childrens range, but I'll make commission pieces.

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
alright peeps nice pics sage and mike,when are we all meeting next? i got to get a good spin in i dont have alot of time to practice now im working.

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
check it out

we're not the only ones who don't mind losing a bit of armhair

link

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
haha,,,great vid sage,, looks like a football size tho :O

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
sorry skully i will post in proper english from now on.

sage: but we are real heros they all have gloves on and we use bare hands.

giz: nice one mate, good to see you are back.

adz: safe, how is the job? are you still there and how is jade?

non: do you need a lift to the boarder meet?
EDITED_BY: pitman (1157981114)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pitman hug

1,643 posts

Posted:
umm... becci did offer me a lift to border meet, but not sure if she is still coming, so probably yes please!! have you got a unicycle rack? ubblol

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
its good thanks pitman im still there and jade is good,how is your misses?anyone fancy meeting me some where so i can follow them to webm please?sage how are my monkey fist handles coming along and how are you and family?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
do u want to met us in cardiff and i wont be on here as much for the next few weeks as i have just got my new flat and have no net. but i will be in touch about the webm. non there will be 3 unis in the car in the boot we will be a travaling circus.

Page: ......