Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
oooh and wrap up warm, it's snowing...... yay it's snowing!!!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
happy St Davids Day You Welshies xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
I went to wales today! biggrin

I went to support paraguay in the pre world cup friendly footy match thing at the millenium stadium. And I had a fantastic time. The welsh folk were very friendly. There were 12000 welsh fans and about 50 paraguayan fans! The score was 0-0.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed your welsh land, thanks smile

hug

Jake the Juggler

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
oooh i love wales i do! im actually gunna have leeks for lunch just to make me feel more welsh. BIG LOVE YOU WELSH GORGEOUSES! x

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
oops I forgot to come and say Happy St Davids day. Ah well! It was probably because I was still a bit traumatized by the boxer shorts my sister gave UCoF to celebrate the occasion *shudders*

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Heylo all, I've come to be irritating and do advertising for my play. People in/near/able to get to Cardiff should come see it because (hopefully) it'll be ace and tres amusant. Pretty much all the details are here , but I'll just copy/paste a bit from the advertising email I've spent most of today sending out:

...we're performing for 5 nights from tuesday 7th march in the YMCA theatre ( map )

...doors open at 7pm (show starts at 7:30)

...tickets cost £5 for students/concessions and £6 for adults

...refreshments available during the interval

...to reserve tickets send an email to murder@act01.co.uk with details of the night you wish to attend and how many tickets you require...

If you can make it, please come, there's no poi-ing, but there is a poi-er (me!) and it should be a good laugh (fingers crossed!).

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
so, as i cant be bolloxed to read through this thread. does anything much happen in swansea?

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
*Awaits harsh comments*

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
see there is another swasnian, maybe he will know .... maybe you can all orgganise something now there seems to be a few bods there ubbidea confused ubbidea

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
smile True enough. I did attempt getting a few people together a while back, but I didn't really follow through with it.....

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

skwairBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
fair enough. not quite poi, but does anyone know of any psy trance events around here?

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
going to wales close to cariff anyone want to play only been poizing for about 7 months but love to play

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
When will you be here Flicky?

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
umm a week on tuesday leaving on the friday !!! so excited

1,643 posts

Posted:
 Written by: flicky

umm a week on tuesday leaving on the friday !!! so excited

mmm... what date is that confused i'm in slovenia until the 10th april...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I've just been there for the weekend,

It was ace, we went skiing

tongue

*throws sock poi at Non*

tongue

1,643 posts

Posted:
argh! there's no escape, even cyber sock poi get me!!

what do you mean, you went skiing?!? on actual snow?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
yup.... there were lifts and everything, lots of fun . . . have you seen me bruise in the gallery, thats what I got for dicking around. . . .

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
11th -14th ... took me a whiel to work that one out

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
any playing before friday?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm not in Cardiff but both these events should be on :-
Tuesday nights, 9pm (ish) at the Hawaiian club on City Road, you can play with fire and glo things in a semi performance kind of space, with lots of food and drink and stuff.

Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

unless that is they break for Easter......

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
thanks you much sos

RumpleSTmember
61 posts

Posted:
Well, flicky has been and gone now, we did both of the things you suggested skulduggery and it was great, I love the hawaiian bar, its very cool. Went to the thing at ebeneser church on thursday, the people were very cool, we went out for a drink to Tantra afterwards, it was much fun. Thanks for the info! clap sunny

Its a big ol mish mash!

1,643 posts

Posted:
argh! sorry flicky, completely missed your arrival and departure, had a couple of hectic days and then found myself on the way to falmouth on thursday! Hope you enjoyed the poi sites of Cardiff though. Come back and play regularly smile

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
Howdy poeple. so sorry I've not been around for a long while. been busy playing 'art student' and doin all that goes with it. spun fire for the first time in absolutely ages last night, loved every minute!! how are you all? hope all is well? biglove x

All that is solid melts into air

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I left frown

1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning xorba! how's the being an art student going? it's it important that they also spin poi you know wink adds to the uh... artyness...

matty has indeed left, and I have been a slacker as usual (although with mighty fine excuses...), but fully intend to go to juggling club this week, where hopefully i will find mr Rossco and business continues as normal in the world of cardiff spinningness, so come along to juggling club or summat. smile

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
hey guys just found this thread,,a lonley port talbot spinner here,, :P

is there any meets or clubs for poi in south wales at all?.. biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
check the first post of this thread, thats all we know at the moment

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
ahh cheere matty,, but come to think about it,,, considering the weather is startin to brighten up, we should all get together, in either swansea or cardiff,,??

anyhoo let me kno what ya rekon smile

Page: ......