Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
yep! biggrin

but just cos it's you, ping?

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
pong, this will help philosophising

cheers meee deary

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Is anyone up for a Swansea or Neath meet in a couple of weeks? If Swansea I reacon the sand dunes, if Neath then next to the castle. Can't garente we won't get asked to leave by cop's though if the meet is in neath. I'm not amazing at poi, but i'm pretty much into fire breathing now. I can proberly get a few mate's of mine to come, complete beginners (kinda like me) but their a laugh and will give anything a try. So what do you guy's and gal's say?

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

1,643 posts

Posted:
in principle yes, we promised a swansea meet a while back, but in actuality, i don't know what weekend time i have off, coming up to the end of february... so will have to get back to you on that one...

278 posts

Posted:
Ok cool. The only day's I got off work between work and college is on Wednesdays and saturday afternoons

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
unfortunately I won't be able to, not having any free weekends in wales anymore frown

three weeks to go now...

278 posts

Posted:
Three weeks for what sorry? There's no set date for the gathering as yet, so ya never know you might be in luck

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Sorry to be confusing. . .

three weeks till I leave wales. and I don't have any weekends free

278 posts

Posted:
Ah dude sucks, where you off? Sorry for being nosey.

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I might be convinced to make that. I could do with seeing some more of S. Wales while I'm down here.

278 posts

Posted:
Yeah that'd be cool. And to sooth the bruising and burns everyone can chill out at the Monkey Bar. Most likely gonna rain (being it wales) but what's more fun then spinning in the rain?

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Singing in the rain?

Nah.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hi guys and dolls, you crazy bunch of guys and dolls. When are you partying? because, Non I love you, and I also love Rossco and Matty B and lots of other Welshies, I want to come and have some old fashioned loving with you biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

1,643 posts

Posted:
you can come down anytime baby wink we want your loving, and... (i was going to type something about dolphins but decided it might not be entirely appropriate on a "family forum" and this is my first post this week, so i don't know if it has already come up... insert your own dolphin joke here.)

As for our neathy/swanseay meet... i'm mostly off sundays if i have a weekend day off that is... so that's not working before the end of february, at the moment.... and hey what's all this rubbish about rain, it never rains.... ubbangel

278 posts

Posted:
......You kidding NOn? lol. Either way, rain or shine I'll complain my butt off. I love complaining. The only day I have off work and college is wendesday. I work the etire weekend and college til about 2:30-3:45 on college days (part from wendesday)

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
well when there's something going on, let me know, I'll gladly come over for love and tea!! xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

278 posts

Posted:
Not sure what date it is gonna be yet, I know my mate Ben will come, he's very interested in staff and fire swords. Carl will be into the same thing. Oh Oh Oh If we meet in neath then we can go to the coffee shop Entice. They do amazing Hazlenut Cappachino's.

1,643 posts

Posted:
well....... uh... i don't know, i have entirely forgotten what i was going to post, but for some reason i am continuing anyway....

SkullyMcDuggery, i'm going to put you on the hotspot, when would be a good time for a meet thing in your beautiful neck of the woods, where we never quite made it to before, bearing in mind it's either a wednesday or a saturday afternoon umm actually wednesday's a possible.... except i don't have any of those off coming up either...... ermmmmmm....... but i finish work on the 16th of March, and plan to get a more convenient job with weekends off biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
umm..... Right now I'm un-able to think. My brain has boiled inside my skull. I went to sleep feeling tired but ok and I've woken up with a temp of 102F. It's gone down now with some meds but to be honest right now I'm only up for sleeping, curling up under a duvet and whining a bit. frown

As for whether to go to Swansea or Neath that would depend on what you are looking for. Swansea has beaches, shops, cafes, bars, night clubs (all yucky)..... Neath has..... um....... a train station..... about the only reason I ever go to Neath is to use the train station ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

278 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Neath has..... um....... a train station.....

Lies. Neath has Entice, need I say more? It's like the non hippie Monkey Bar of Swansea. Still very relaxing. Plus we can spin in Victoria Gardens. Possibility of getting chased by Pigs, but it's all good :P

_Matt_BRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi All!
Im trying to get started spinning Poi, but keep finding my arms/legs/back/neck/head/testicles keep getting in the way!
I'd love to meet up with like minded people in Cardiff who could hopefully show me a thing or two!
Is there anywhere you guys tend to congregate? What should I bring?
Thanks!

Matt

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hi Matt . . . welcome to HoP welcome there are a few spinners here in cardiff and there is a couple of places we meet:

Tuesdays : Fire/glo Spin(semi-peformance) if the weather is nice. At the Hawian on City Rd. There is an open mic night there that we do poi/juggling etc at.... starts at 8.45 and there is a buffet at 9pm costs £2

Thursday : Juggling Club at Ebenezer church on churchill way in town. 8 till 10 pm £2. It is just a spce to come and learn circusy skills and there is generally a few people there (though it is not on this week) so will restart in March

Would say hpe to see you soon, however this is my last week in cardiff so unlikely, esp as the juggling club isn't on this week... due to a performance on the weekend..

But hope you meet Ross and Non

(Non could you put the info about the hawian and the juggling club in the first post so I don't have keep repeating it for people , thanks me darling..... hug)

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Directions for the juggling club

Written by: Matty B

Right . . .no luck finding a map that is of any use so here goes on a description

1. Queen Street (Main shopping street)

2. Find Charles street (opposite whsmiths, there is a burger king on the corner and if you look down it, there are big next signs sticking out of the left hand wall)

3. Walk down Charles street until you get to the church on your left.

4. There is a side street to your left here walk down it a bit, until you reach a gateway into the church grounds.

5. Step down the one or two steps and then head for the door on your left (it is green but it is difficult to tell though) and come on in , cos you found the juggling club.

It is part of the No fit state circus - https://www.nofitstate.com

Juggling club is from 8pm till 10pm and costs £2.

Hope to see you there. . . .
Matt, let me know if any of you decide to go and I will make sure I go to say hello . . . (PM me if you want a phone number just in case you get lost)

1,643 posts

Posted:
hi matt, you should come to juggling club, week after next indeed! you should also rush out and buy tickets or nofitstate circus at the Sherman theatre on the 24th and 25th February, cos me and rossco are in it, and it's great.

and smooth harry, i daresay that is a fine and sensible idea, about sticking all this in the first post, i shall endevour to do so right about now (...funk soul brother, in the sampled words of fatboy slim...) biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Good work NOnoNononNonONONOnonoooonnnnn hug

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Damn... this is why I should check this website regularly. Looks like I missed the performance in the Sherman, which sucks. However, my play is finally showing next week (7th-11th March at the YMCA theatre, if anyone is interested in coming to watch) so the Thursday after that I may be able to make it back to the juggling club!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Happy St Davids Day cymru folk biggrin
here is a leek!

Non-Https Image Link

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
YAAAY! only a few months til I'm going to glamorgan uni see! Then I can join you lovely people all the time for spins and tea and cake.

I cant wait to be welsh!!!

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
It is like a trade I leave and more turn up . . . good work on keeping the welshie numbers up miss stroo

1,643 posts

Posted:
woo yeah! a new recruit, have some more leeks, you will need the leeky strength to cross the severn bridge intact, and it will also you will be quicker absorbed into the welshlyness....... biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Page: ......