Page: ......
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
just a space really . . . there is no lesson structure for juggling club yet, but they are trying to get classes running eventually.... They have some acro-balance and trapeze lessons so far, well maybe meet you at some point. . .

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Okay. I might be able to make it this week actually, seeing as my rehersals haven't started up yet and my exams will be over then - thank God!

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Matty B

Hello anaya, welcome Tis true there is a bunch of us that got to the juggling club in town . . . though haven't seen Non there she is a bit on and off about when she comes along, she still hasn't seen the new place atall . . . as I promissed Anodyne I fill sort a map out . . . . hang on a tick . . .

ubblol on and off?? methinks using the present tense verb 'go' for my attendance at juggling club is a bit ambitious. I am.... slack..... i admit redface but i can't recall anything important that needs doing this thursday..... so maybe, maybe....

Hello ananya! welcome are you at cardiff uni or uwic? xorba is also in uni in cardiff, but uwic methinks. how rude of halls to give you no garden space though...

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
I'm in Cardiff uni, but I don't really care about all this UWIC/Cardiff rivalry. I had enough of that with the whole 'are you a red or a blue?' thing back home, when, to be really honest, who cares? Heh.

Well, I live in Talybont which is the largest student residence, and there is some green space just behind my building that I'm scoping out for doing poi in, but I'd rather drag someone to the park really. With it being the largest student residence there's always about a thousand windows for people to be looking out of and thinking 'what is that weirdo doing?' Tehee! Especially since I don't pull the most attractive faces when trying to teach myself new moves. Not to mention the whole hitting myself in the head thing! Come to think of it, the nervousness from a thousand windows watching me practise may not help the whole hitting myself in the head thing...

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yup xorba is in uwic, but I don't think there is much rivalry . . .

Yep everyone come to juggling this thursday. . . I will bug you with texts Non, will text xorba to and try and find out where rossco has gone, I seem to have misplaced him...

I used to live in taylbont, but I didn't do poi back then. . . are you a northy or southy . . .

Anywayz everyone have fun and hopefulyl see you on thursday...

Anodynenewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Hey Anaya welcome
i should be going thursday with a mate. we're both total newbies so no worries.

1,643 posts

Posted:
so everyone's going on thursday huh? nows you're all trying to make me feel like a lazy rubbish slacker, i guess i'll have to come, but feel free to bug me on thursday matty, just to make sure biggrin

i wasn't aware there was a rivalry of anykind, but then i've never been to uni in cardiff, it was more of a location/social issue, as i kind of presume that people from cardiff don't really know the people at uwic?... umm

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yup you must come and show your face on thursday miss Non . . .

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Yeah, well I'll show up Thursday, even though I'm not going to be able to make it again for another month or so... le sigh. I'll probably be the girl standing in the corner looking a little lost and too scared to actually get my poi out of my bag.

And I think the limit of UWIC/Cardiff rivalry is seeing who can shout loudest in a club when the DJ asks 'is there anyone from UWIC/Cardiff here?' And yeah, NOn, I know like... two people from UWIC. I work with one of them and the other is a friend of a friend. More of an aquantaince really.

I went to have a little spin in the park on my way home from town today. But it was dark, which is good because I've got light-up poi, but rubbish cause I get scared being alone in parks at nighttime. I heard some woman on the phone at the complete other side of the park and decided it was time to go after like five minutes of spinning. I am a bit of a wuss. *Hangs head in shame*

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
hey hey, so I hope people are coming to juggling club tonight, I am meeting saz (anodyne) in the Union bar near Virgin at 7.30 pm for a beer beforehand if anyone fancies ?

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
I'm coming tonight. Just finished my last exam of the semester and have a lot of excess energy to kill!

1,643 posts

Posted:
hey i made it! why did i miss the goddamn post about the beer though.....?.... pants and that. Next week i come again, armed with poi grenades to seek my sweeeeet revenge devil biggrin

1,643 posts

Posted:
this is probably not the time or the place to gloat... but I'm in bed on HoP!!!! laptops are brilyant!! biggrin

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
That they are. I miss my wireless internet from back home, though. They make me use a cable here and it only just stretches to the bed.

And, hmmm... I'm considering making some sock poi after realising how long mine are so I may add to your ammunition supplies.

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Matty - how do you loose Rossco? You must have been trying - but then that makes no sense as why would anyone try to loose the lovely Rossco? Perhaps a game of hide and seek went wrong... confused

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Maybe someone stole him along with my Radiohead and Specials CDs! eek

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GelflingBRONZE Member
Watcher of 80s cartoons
665 posts

Posted:
Well that makes perfect sense - "...whilst we're nicking these CD we might as well nick this spinner..." happens all the time - SPINNERS BEWARE!!!

>What do you think about the state of the Earth?
>I'm optimistic.
>So why do you look so sad?
>I'm not sure that my optimism is justified.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
have found him again now, though he is still hard to get hold of as he does not have a phone anymore,I don't know his grandparents number and he doesn't have internet . . . so just have to wait until he turns up somewhere, which he did to the juggling club on thursday.....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
hi all long time no see aint been on this site for months last time i was on here there were only 8 pages to this thred. non do you remember me i met up with you and a few othere at coopers feild last summer.

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

1,643 posts

Posted:
yes 8 pages, those were the days.... we procrastinate a lot here... it takes roughly that number of pages to make a meet.... however we are still i believe breaking the Meet Others thread record, go wales!!

hi pitman, i do remember you, although that must have been in... march as i've been away for six months and come back biggrin still poi-ing? go to juggling club, scroll up for further details.....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im confused whats the juggling club? and i go to uwic and never new there was a rivelry

1,643 posts

Posted:
well we haven't figured that out yet.... the only way is to get a UWICee in a room with a Cardiffee and have you fight it out.... ubblol I never suggested it was a rivalry anyway, you all keep mentioning, maybe you secretly want one! *imagines city wide rioting in cardiff uni/uwic disagreement, and i'd be the one who caused it....* eek

Juggling club is run by no fit state circus, 8-10pm thursday nights, £2, it's a hall in which to do poi, or juggle, or staff, or unicycle, or all of them with other people who are also doing those things... and that is basically that... matt posted directions somewhere up a bit, last page or the one before....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
isnt that the one off city rd?

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
nah it has moved. . . . there is no longer a juggling club off city road it is now in town at ebenezer church at the time Non said . . . .maybe see you there sometime . . .

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
is anyone going to the hawian tonight my mate said theres a load of fire juggling and [censored] there might go and cheek it out.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I should imagine that I will be making an appearance with Rossco and the other fire jugglers that go there. . . .

the buffet is at 9pm remember

so should see you there

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
im in uwic right now and board out of my mind my tuttor kicked me out of class because i have done the work else where so im all on my lonsome does any one go to uwic cyncoed campus (i know its spelt wrong) on a tuesday and wanna meet up for a spin im only up here on a tuesday and always seem to have 2 hours or so to kill. wouldnt mind meeting new people while im here and yes i know im suposed to be doing work but [censored] that. uni is for fun not for learning.

im gunna pass my course, im gunna pass my course

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
hello welsh people, hope you are all well and fine and dandyness. i'll see you guys at the hawaiian tonight aboot 9o'mo clock for some firey goodness. biggrin hug

and no i'm not lost anymore, at least i dont think i am.... hang on what is this place.... who are you all??? did someone just say PING!?? biggrin wink

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
yes you did! PONG! biggrin

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
god damn it women . . . do you have stoner radar or something . . .

Page: ......