Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

LinziJstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hiya, Ive recent;y moved to cardiff, are there any meets going on that I could spin with, I'm a bit stuck now and would like to share moves....

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
it has made me sad that we have let this bored go to this bad of a state. we used to be one of the top boreds every single day. we have had only 3 posts in 2009. this is all going to change.

if adz was here he would kick our asses or ram them with his spikey hair laugh3

if your about, make yourself known. we are still meeting every week at at city hall on the grass on a sunday eve. would love more people to come down.

plus people, just post to chat again, say hello to your fellow countrymen.

grouphug

love, peace and circus

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

nadistranger
3 posts

Posted:
hey,

i am glad to find some other poi spinner in cardiff. i am new in this area and looking for people to meet up and share moves and stuff. are you still meeting at the city hall in cardiff (when the weather is not like that at the moment)? I would like to come to see you soon.

nadine

xorbaMIA
147 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'm a bad person. I moved to Cardiff in 2005, made some posts, met a few guys once and then lost touch all together. I've been thinking about starting up again on the poi front so I'll see if I can bump into you guys on a sunday evening perhaps.

Jason

All that is solid melts into air

any_suggestionsGOLD Member
enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
oi pitman why bring me into it lmao,how many people are meeting up now?
we could be back in wales in 3 months so ill deffo be up for more meets.have you had any new gigs?
i made some monkey fists out of nylon rope a few weeks ago i was so bored after work,looked quite good to!
are those ropes still going strong?
take it easy matey!

to many freaks to little circuses!

welshpoiboistranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi guys new on here and new to poi but is there ant thing still goin on in south wales? im in brecon but would travel to cardiff/swansea?

bondpoistranger
1 post

Posted:
hi ive just moved to cardiff and im learning poi - does anyone know of any workshops/lessons going on?

DanKenyonstranger
22 posts

Posted:
Hey all, im on the Newport side of Cardiff boo i know, was wondering if any spinners in Newport but im in Cardiff a lot and want to meet up with people to try and improve myself

gizmo2009member
146 posts

Posted:
yo yo yo peeps!!! where is everyone?? sage?? adz? pitman!!??

come back!!!! grin

lets shake the cobwebs off and revive this lifestyle grin

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
hey hey mikee,how are you mate?
its been so long,where have you been?
im in nz now so wont be spinning in wales for a couple of months but pitman is still around look him up on face book.
good to see you back dude.

Igneas TempestasGOLD Member
Just a few more minutes... zzzzz
16 posts

Posted:
Im in the area ( Pontypridd but work every day in Cardiff city ) and the only meet i know of in the area is the NofitState Circus open skillshare of a Thursday evening from 7:30pm onwards in thier hall, Ebeneezer Church in the city centre.

Been a few times and there have only been 1 or 2 poi spinners but they were very friendly ( the one guy especially, Fred i think his name was, long curly hair ) and happy to help out with anything thats giving you grief.

LIVEFOREVERstranger
1 post

Posted:
Looking for poi and staff spinners to come to my event. I'm putting on a charity event in aid of the Army Benevolent Fund
-A FIREWALK and FESTIVAL OF LIGHT. Loads of room in a field!

Venue-Monmouth Showgrounds NP25 3LX Saturday 16 October 2010.
LET'S MAKE IT BIG,FUN AND ELECTRIC.
EVERYONE WELCOME

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
HELLO HELLO HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ITS BEEN WAY TO LONG SINCE I WAS ON HERE!

any ways nice to see Mikey is alive hows it going mate. smile

plus there is quite a few new people on here. right im organizing a meet in Swansea.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=128452760529937&ref=mf

everyone of you has to come. and if any can offer a workshop or if you want a workshop then let me know on the event page.

if anyone wants to meet up for a spin soon then let me know.

so how is everyone, whats people been up to and hello new people

bondpoi - look at the very first post of this thred, as non is a little bit amazing she put asked around and put a lot of this info together for people.

EDITED_BY: pitman (1278846513)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
what happened to you people. this board used to be on the top day in day out. come on people come back and play.

JoshDGnewbie
49 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Recently started spinning poi and am looking for others to spin with to have some fun and also learn some new moves. Anyone still spinning in Cardiff or Pontypridd?

unseendamageUKBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Yeh, ive just moved to cardiff and im looking for people to spin with.
E-mail me if your interested, i'm living right next to the millenium stadium
jhawkins92@btinternet.com

sage.treeBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Yo what up Cymru crew. I miss you guys!

I was just checking out my old videos and came to see if the thread is still active. We are thinking about planning a trip back so I'll keep you posted.

Gizmo send me some contact info biotch.

*edit* nice avatar pitman =)
EDITED_BY: sage.tree (1288919830)

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
Anyone know of spinners in Carmarthen?

danaramadoodiestranger
2 posts

Posted:
hey everyone!! im looking for people 2 practice spinning with, i'm in llandovery for a few months then cardiff. get in touch!! : ) : )

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
looking at setting up a circus club in carmarthen if anyone is interested?

enthusiast
238 posts

Posted:
Well hello there,Whats news?

Man I miss spinning with the old guys,Where is everyone?

Page: ...