Page: ...
NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
top o' the morning wales based poiple! this is the thread for all things wales based, although the crew is mostly based in the land of taff currently with a sizeable offshoot in the land of tawe, please talk about funky things all over cymru in this thread!!

so, for the uninitiated, here is an exciting list of regular poi activities for the wales based....

weavesmiley Cardiff/Caerdydd:

smile Thursday nights, 8-10pm, come along to Ebenezer Church (Charles Street, around the back of Burger King and Next) for nofitstate circus' community juggling club, for poi and all sorts of other exciting juggle arts. It's just £2.

smile Little Devil's Circus coming soon... contact pitman for further details or keep an eye on this thread

smile on sunny evenings/days, Roath Park (Rec. or flower garden) you may well find a NOn spinning... it might also not be a NOn, or even a HoP person at all, but if you see someone there spinning, you may as well say hello...

at other unspecified times, there may be other meets, check the most recent posts in this thread for specific details...

juggle Juggling Shops

Cardiff Games, Duke St Arcade: although not exclusively a juggling shop, they stock some poi, juggling balls and rings, plus occasional other sorts of toys... oh and the guy who owns it does poi too!

Route One Skate Shop, Morgan Arcade: Stocks variety of juggling equipment, including poi.

hug HoP people in town

NOn

Rossco Bossco

Pitman

Ryan

Unclassified Leggy Girl

weavesmiley Swansea/Abertawe and surrounding area:

smile Juggling Club, Thursdays 7-9pm In the Phoenix Centre, in the Townhill Area of Swansea. Costs £2 for the session!

smile Circus Eruption is based in Swansea and they run a juggling club for young people, also frequently advertise in the Big Issue for volunteers to help out, but i don't know anything else about location or anything for that at the moment.....

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town & surroundings

Skully

holysmoke27

weavesmiley Port Talbot:

smile Tai Poi Workshops on Aberavon beach most weekends! £2

juggle Juggling Shops

Don't know of any

hug HoP people in town

Gizmo

Kim

Gums

weavesmiley Rhondda Cynon Taf:

hug HoP people in town

NOn (Aberdare on workdays)

Stroo(poss? M.I.A...)

Juls (Pontypridd)

weavesmiley Llanelli:

hug HoP people in town

Adz

weavesmiley Caerphilly:

hug HoP people in town

Nia

weavesmiley Abergavenny/Usk/Monmouth area:

smile Monmouth, 7pm, under the Monnow bridge Every week, free, look out for the lovely poiple...

hug HoP people in town

Buggleberry Fairy

Mr Chutney

Shaping Light

weavesmiley Aberystwyth:

juggle Juggling Shops

Pixie Moon in Market Hall. Stocks juggling equipment, Poi/Flag Poi/Fire Poi, Staff and other Circus Skills.

hug HoP people in town

Imaginary Grace

weavesmiley Anglesey:

hug HoP people in town

glowingsunsets

everything else happens spontaneously in or around this thread, so please introduce yourself in this thread and come hang out with the coolest poiple in wales.....

cool

updated with brand new design attributes by mattyb

EDITED_BY: NOn (1189456023)

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: NOn

as for the huger meet that seems to be organically growing here, uh... dates> well i guess it depends when Dunc is coming down, so when might that be mr.?

erm....dunno... biggrin It'll be March sometime, I'll just have to consult the planner and see when I can fit it in. I'll let you know so as I do

Let's relight this forum ubblove

1,643 posts

Posted:
cool, i don't actually know where it is, so would be best to meet beforehand... i don't know if i'll bring fire though, seems a bit cold out... i didn't get round to PM-ing you yet, i'll do it now....

1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

erm....dunno... biggrin It'll be March sometime, I'll just have to consult the planner and see when I can fit it in. I'll let you know so as I do

fabulous, well, keep us posted....

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Ok NOn, I have sent you a PM back. . .so we will see what this evening is like . . . hope it is ok . . . if anyone else fancies coming along this thursday, let me know . . .

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Went to this meet at the community centre tonight . . . NIce to meet you NOn, good to put a face to the posts . . .

The evening was a bit odd to start with but got going ok. though didn't know really what to expect

a few (5) spinners there, quite a few jugglers and a few playing with staff . . though the unicycle hockey was very amusing . . .
Managed to shake some of the rust off so won't make such a fool of myself at the Falmouth get together . . . but will keep practising . . .I will get the btb weave . . .

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
How regular is this thursday meet? If it's a regular thing I'll try to come down a night earlier when I'm there for a weekend a have even more fun with the 'Diffians smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
As far as I know it is every week . . . the more the merrier

1,643 posts

Posted:
Pleasure to meet you too Matt! yeah, it was tres groovy... am absolutely shattered this morning though! 2 hours seems a long time for me to be continuously poi-ing.... Next week i might bring my staff and knock out a few people... (oh... it's dangerous!)

I also a strange nagging feeling that i've met Beth someplace else... in fact, there was quite a few familiar looking faces, and yet i knew absolutely no-one..... umm

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Yeah it was cool. . .i agree I reckon need to play with a few differnet things . . . I have been looking for a suitable stick today but to no avail . . would like to have a go at staff. . . I have had a little go in the past but never done too much ..

Oh well next week you will know some people, including me . . apparantly they sometimes go for a drink after in the TUt'n'shive which doesn't sound like such a stupid idea . . .

1,643 posts

Posted:
oooh, no.. not stupid a stupid idea at all... beerchug ubblol

and it is true, i wil know some people next time, but then that's slightly annoying when you have that nagging feeling because you never know if it's nagging feeling that you have because you obviously did meet them before...? i'm not sure if that makes any sense... i should probably just shut up now. biggrin

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
And now this thread is longer than the aussie one 'mwha ha ha'

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Ah yes Matty but has the Aussie thread actually envolved people acctually meeting up ubblol Ours may be long but is it effectual?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

1,643 posts

Posted:
well we got one meet out of it so far biggrin and soon... when dunc has checked to see where he can fit us in in his schedule wink we could have another one... besides the aussies already have a head start on us, we're new!! they had meets already....

now shouldn't we stop yakking(!) people(!) and get down to business?!?

n.b. the exclamation marks were meant to convey a certain comedy voice that doesn't fare that well in print....

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Was talking to skully about maybe meeting before we go to falmouth for something to do and so the people who are coming with me actually know who i am apparently it would only take me an hour or so to get there but i dunno what anybody thinks about this or if anybodys gunna be free in the next few weekends

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
You already know me Sarah biggrin That only leaves Matty.

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
yep well thats true but if youve ever been to bristol or know me youll know my weekends are tediaously boring ooooops thats as close as i can get to one thats crying. My secret is out im jsut that bored and wanna escape for a day or so

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey there, yep would be good to meet some more people, strangely enough I was in Bristol last night actually, went over to visit a friend, went out and watched the Rugby , anyone else interested in it or is that just me, and then went out on the town . . . was good but the bar/club we ended up in wasn't great ?? m'bargo ??

Be good to meet up over in the 'diff or Bristol, my friends over there don't mind me crashing there now and again.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Bristol it is then - can we move our conversation over to the Bristol thread now please smile

Besides, it needs some boosting!

Gayle.....!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so i asked rosco yesterday if i could sleep at his place when we come over for a play date, and he said yes, so its a bonus, and ill be over for a play date soon with dunc!

PREPARE FOR THE RETURN OF THE THWAP!

Step (el-nombrie)

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Will be heading to the circus-y thing again this thursday at the community centre behind the Tut'n'Shive if anyone fancies coming along I will be there with my poi . . . tongueoi:

BlackassBlueass
183 posts

Posted:
Anyone on the west coast in like ceredigion or pembroke way. Heading down to visit parentals at easter and would be up for a meet if there's one near by.

---------------------------------
Breathing fire doesn't look good on the resume - Everclear

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It seems that not only are we heading to Rosscos in the naer future he actually lives about 30 seconds walk from the place where you meet!! So if we're there a little earlier on a Thursday evening we can have double the fun biggrin bounce

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats sounds like a plan dunc

what date are you thinking of going?

Step (el-nombrie)

1,643 posts

Posted:
yes indeedy, when are we likely to see you folks, if we have prior warning we can have a welcoming party you see... if not you'll just have to make your own entertainment tongue oh yes and gayle's offered us curry in Bristol the weekend of the 12th, so make your intentions known, or else we'll all bugger off there... biggrin

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Non,

Don't be mean they can come as well if they want. They'll be plently of food and the threat of scaring skaters in the centre.

Go here:

[Old link]

Gayle.....!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
dunno yet.........sorry!

We're off to Nott a convention this weekend, so I'd imagine it'll be either the weekend of 19th or 26th March smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Dunc have you forgotten Falmouth? ubbloco

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Oh bugger yeah!! rolleyes redface ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can we go post falmouth, when i am back from oman?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
sure why not smile

Page: ...