Forums > Social Chat > Looking for people in the NYC LI area

Login/Join to Participate

Clymeneymember
16 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I'm learning a little from the poi web site but I realy cant do much unless I have a hands on teacher.

I am looking for people in the NYC, long Island are that are willing to help a newbie out by teaching her a bit more than she knows. I'm stumped on a whole bunch of moves.

I reside in Suffolk County but going near or into the city isn't a broblem. Gotta love the LIRR.

Thanks,

Clymeney

To forgive is divine, but revenge is so much more funWhat? When? Where? Nuts, I missed it.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry, us Manhattanites don't mingle much with the Bridge and Tunnel rats...

In actuality, I always feel a bit pressured to represent NYC when in fact I'm such a little fish in such a great big and talented pond.

Now is a perfectly awful time as I'm still recovering from the best summer of my life and preparing for school (I'm a teacher for those of you that just got here.) I gotta buy a car and get my butt into teacher mode.

Also, anybody who's anybody is in Burning Man right now (henseforth I am, indeed, nobody.)

But then again, a boy's gotta spin some fire every once in a while... so I'll PM you and we'll talk details.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Moonfireo22member
26 posts
Location: Queens, New York (In a little town that noone's ev...

Posted:
HA HA i'm right in the middle of the two of you...think i'll just sit back and watch...j/k ....i mean i'd love to meet other people who do poi...i'm still new, he he ...actually i live right in the middle of LI and Manhattan. when i asked if anyone was from around here noone answered me much. cool to see more New Yorkers.

Even Though Sorrow Is Just A Step Away, Live Life To The Fullest And Cry Another Day.

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
may I be the 1st to suggest the meet the others section.

I live in the Poconos of pennsylvania, and even I have found people in there

I smell something burning.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...count me in. Im live in brooklyn, but im like 2 stops away from manhattan via train. I will also be in Long Island for college, (stony brook to be exact) So whenever you people wanna get together, gimme an im
wuggaroo
that is my sn on AOL

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
Heh, what you goin to SB for? I'm an allumnus type person and I'm out there all the time. I'll give you the skinny.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK, Maybe it's time for another attempt at the whole meet up in a park type deal... I know that this coming weekend is bad due to the three day weekend but how about the weekend after?

[YES fellow HoP kids, I WILL put this in Events and gatherings once we've got the details ironed]

My suggestion would be Washington Square Park not THIS Saturday but NEXT Saturday around 1ish?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Unless... we want to go for an evening burn at a nice LI beach or something. That would be lovely as well. Just don't make me drive too far...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

128 posts

Posted:
Heh, I live in Wantagh, the "Gateway to Jones Beach" tho I don't know how well they'd take to fwirling there. No beach after sunset no boardwalk after midnight.

You would think living on a frikkin island we could actually go to beaches whenever we damn well please, but it's like we have frikkin sand Nazi's out here. The only place even mildly accepting is the OBI and that's a haul even for me. I have a lovely park right at the end of my block and I have had friends get tickets for being at the park (not doing anything, just hanging) AT DUSK.

Know anyone who spins in the park during the week? I go to John Jay and will have classes on tuesdays and wednesdays and I have a pretty big break at least one of those afternoons, I wouldn't mind meeting up with someone if I could be sure I could get back in time.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
i could soooo go for sumthing in union square, u know where the bikers are... that way we can get sum money in the process...lol
ANYWAYS this weekened is bad...bad bad bad.... I move into my dorm room, but next time is totally feesable

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

128 posts

Posted:
So what quad have they stuck you into and how many extra people are they shoving into your room?

You should get some people together to fwirl in the circle by the SAC, P-Safety might be a bit bitchy, but it'd be a great place for it.

If you wish to find an open minded and fun but weird group o' people seek out the SF4M, basement of Harriman Hall (look for the painted doors). Largest volunteer run Science Fiction, fact, fantasy and horror library east o' the Mississippi. I'm an ex-president and the current president is a super neato chick named Liz.

-Emerson M Pugh

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
im in tablar, and in touscinni, is that how u spell it
anyways, i dont really twirl fire, im more of a glowstick man myself, (yeah im a pansy, so what?) anywho, ill still try to twirl fire if sumone will let me borrow their POI. OH big question, i have 2 other people in my room, they all have comps, do i need to do anything to split the internet connection?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well then maybe we should just do a daytime, Washington Square Park, practice and trade tricks type deal. Then we can talk fire for the next time. So is Saturday the 7th at 1ish good for all involved?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
that seems aiight for me

Moonfireo22member
26 posts
Location: Queens, New York (In a little town that noone's ev...

Posted:
Cool..I'd love to go...but never been to that park. I'll find it.

Even Though Sorrow Is Just A Step Away, Live Life To The Fullest And Cry Another Day.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK kids, I posted an invite under "EVENTS AND GATHERINGS"... let's see who of you actually exist.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Clymeneymember
16 posts

Posted:
cool,
Unfortuanetly I can't make it on the 7th (going upstate) But maybe wee can make it a twice a month thing?

Clymeney

To forgive is divine, but revenge is so much more funWhat? When? Where? Nuts, I missed it.

128 posts

Posted:
I unfortunately pinch my po' ass unemployed grad student wallet too much already commuting in for classes so any group practice I do will have to be a bit closer or on the days I'm already in the city. (And I will be upstate at the same place as Clymeney anyway that specific day)

Tho that brings up another question, any other scadians hauling up to Barleycorn? If so we'll be the ones that look like us. *grins*

-Emerson M Pugh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
You crackheads! I put the whole thing together for you and now you're not even coming! Let's not post here but instead post on the other thread in Events...

END OF THREAD!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
lol itll be like me and NYC, what the hell? lol jk
yo sterling, wanna get together at sb campus?