Forums > Social Chat > FIrst time experiences with fire

Login/Join to Participate

VictoriaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
I just got back from spinning fire for the first time....I've been practicing poi for almost 3 months preparing....and I finally did it. It was amazing!!!!!
It's so loud and crazy....
I'm so psyched!!!!
I wanna do it again really soon!!!
I hit my arm once and it barely left a mark, not even a burn!
Wow...it was amazing!!!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay for you! That's wonderful!

You know it's almost sad.... I don't think I can actually remember the first time I lit up... that's such a wierd thing... just disapeared from my memory...

But I do remember the first time I saw fire twirling ...compleately spellbinding!

Doesn't it sound lovely the flames all whooshing round you! the warmth.... the glow....

hmmmmm

happy twirling lovely!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
Well done on your 1st time fire

I can't remember the 1st time i poied with fire....though i can remember the 1st time i did it out side of my garden! I got a real buzz afterwards!!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Let's hope that, unlike the 3 of us to reply so far, you manage to keep this memory!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Rufusmember
15 posts

Posted:
i do! but then ive not been spinning that long, and i too remember more clearly the first time i saw someone spinning fire, i was hypnotised i also remember being suprised at how loud it was, i had played with practice poi for three months (im a slow learner) before i lit up and really didnt expect it to be so noisy!

Rufusmember
15 posts

Posted:
sorry dude, i also meant to say congratulations!! its really cool to hear how people feel about fire, the passion of it is incredible!

Annemember
3 posts

Posted:
Victoria,
I too am a fellow newbie to the art of fire twirling.
i twirled once down at the beach and fell inlove. Although i was actually to scared to light up... so i just watched my friends, and i pactised without fire.
2 months later they bought me a staff for my birthday, i practised for 2 weeks, and then lit it for the first time at a friends house.
It was the most amazing feeling. the flames speeding past my head (me thinking it was alot closer then is was, due to the incredible soud) and being able to do trix..successfuly!
my parents are quite negative about it... as they fear for my safety...and dont quite understand, but nothing will seperate me from my new found love

Good luck to you. and congrats.
i am able to share your excitement.

_ _Anne_ _

VictoriaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
I had been waiting to do it with fire for the longest time, I just never had the right stuff. and then when I was all ready to do it I strainded my MCL (knee) and couldn't walk....so that put me off doing it for another few weeks.
But now that I've finally done it I'm hooked
I can't wait to do it again!!!!

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear that your knee is better and you have managed your first burn

It is a wonderful feeling isnt it but be warned this is where the addiction begins (and all your friends start asking where the smell of paraffin is coming from!!!)

Enjoy,

Mark P

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Congrats!!!! As loing as you didn't do anything as embrassing as I did.

I light up, spun the staff half a turn around me, WWHHOOOOOSH went that noise that frightened me so much i dropped the staff and ran away!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

VictoriaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
No I was lucky
People warned me about the noise
so I kinda expected it
and didn't drop my stuff and run
(hehe, that is funny though)